OT: OT Thread II: Where everything's made up and the points don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My classic rock song of the day is Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry. This may have been the song playing in Nevada Jones' 57 Chevy the first time he kissed a girl. ;) I'm a big reader so I thought I might share the titles of some of the books I read. Today's choice is the winner of the 2013 Hugo Award for Best Graphic Story, Brian K. Vaughan's Saga. For more info, click there > https://www.amazon.com/Saga-Vol-1-B...&qid=1524162006&sr=1-2&keywords=saga+volume+1

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
My classic rock song of the day is Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry. This may have been the song playing in Nevada Jones' 57 Chevy the first time he kissed a girl. ;) I'm a big reader so I thought I might share the titles of some of the books I read. Today's choice is the winner of the 2013 Hugo Award for Best Graphic Story, Brian K. Vaughan's Saga. For more info, click there > https://www.amazon.com/Saga-Vol-1-B...&qid=1524162006&sr=1-2&keywords=saga+volume+1
Jeez, I'm old, but not quite that old! :laugh:

Also, it would have been a 1971 Ford Maverick. :nod:

Reactions: Aja

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Geez, I'm old, but not quite that old! :laugh: Also, it would have been a 1971 Ford Maverick. :nod:
I was just joking, but it sounded cool like American Graffiti or a good episode of Happy Days. It was a brand new 78 Lincoln Town Car for me. I saw a Lincoln Continental today with TX plates and a body of 100% pure shiny chrome. It was the coolest car I've ever seen. If I can ever afford it, I will get one.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My classic rock song of the day is Rock Around the Clock by Bill Haley. Nevada Jones may have heard it on an oldies station in his 71 Ford Maverick.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My classic rock song of the day is Tutti-Frutti by Little Richard. Don't ask me what the original lyrics were about. ;) Nevada Jones may have heard it on an oldies station in his 71 Ford Maverick.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
One of the more hilarious uses of that song is the extended scene where it plays in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"

Reactions: Aja

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My classic rock song of the day is Respect by Aretha Franklin. She's the best singer I've heard. My classic rock album of the day is considered the best rock album ever:

Sgt._Pepper%27s_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band.jpg

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My classic rock song of the day is the most played song on classic rock stations of all time, Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven. My classic rock album of the day is:

PetSoundsCover.jpg

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Another bubble?

Don't think so.

Now, SJ-SF has been going up almost 10%/month for about 18 months. (SJ hit $1m median price for house/condo about two years ago.) The demand is there. Sold my place last July; it's probably increased in value by 20-30%. The demand is just incredible, and the supply minuscule. Very little undeveloped land. (A number of single story strip malls are being demolished and replaced by mixed use buildings, i.e., retail on ground floor and residential -- condos, apartments and/or hotel -- above. That's how the density is increasing.)

In LV, the supply of existing houses is small(ish), but there is a bunch of land available for development and more are being built.

Unless the economy collapses, unlikely to have huge impact on this.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My classic rock song of the day was featured in my first date film Animal House, The Kingmen's Louie Louie. My classic rock album of the day is by (the best make out to my music) singer ever:

MarvinGayeWhat%27sGoingOnalbumcover.jpg

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My classic rock song of the day is Marvin Gaye's I heard it through the grapevine. Today's classic rock album of the day is arguably the best album cover ever:

Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Las Vegas airport on track for another record-breaking year

McCarron on for (another) record breaking year? 8th busiest in US.
Vassiliadis’ prediction comes as McCarran logged its all-time busiest March with nearly 4.3 million airline passengers, topping a record set last year by roughly 92,000 travelers — an increase of 2.2 percent over March 2017, the county’s aviation department reported Friday.
Of that, more than 3.92 million boarded or arrived on domestic flights at McCarran last month, a 2.2 percent jump from a year earlier. International flights arriving or departing Las Vegas carried 293,512 travelers, up 2.8 percent from a year earlier.
Year-to-date, more than 11.64 million passengers have flown in or out of the airport during the first quarter of 2018, a 2.9 percent increase from the same period last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->