OT: Super Bowl XLVIII - Congratulations Seattle Seahawks -- 2014 Champs! (43-8 win)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

That man speaks the truth. Also, that football player's shoulders are huge!!!!

Found this on twitter: :laugh:
BfhehCmCQAAQhDa.png:large

Last edited:

dittohead

Mar 3, 2004
Berkeley, CA
So this is what it feels like to cheer fro a winning team.

Very fitting they scored 12 sec into each half with the safety and Harvin's return.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
This is what it would of felt like if the Canucks won in 1994 or 2011

now i'm slightly depressed and happy at the same time

Good thing we have a secondary sport to fall on or watch. I could never watch Basketball, Baseball or any other sport. Maybe golf probably not but Hockey and Football are the only sports I enjoy watching.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You know what's funny? Me arguing with people about how Denver hadn't faced a team like Seattle in this very thread for the past 2 weeks.

Feels great.

Happy for the Seahawks and their fans. And the northwest in general.

I ****ing hate Denver. And their fans. Be it broncos or avalanche,

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Tied for the 3rd largest win in SB history, while tying the record for the youngest SB championship team.

Outstanding. Finally one of my teams wins a championship.

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
Feels weird to support a team that wins a championship...

But, looking at those clips on tv of Seattle, our street parties were definitely better (outside the riot...)

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
I've been a fan of the Seahawks since shaun Alexanders 2001 season. Very satisfying win..I'm heading down to seattle to celebrate on Wed.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I've never seen anything like this before. People are going crazy. Fireworks are being set off in every neighborhood. People were literally dancing in the streets on the way home. I saw so many people running through the streets with 12 man and Seahawk flags. There is a major cultural boom happening in Seattle right now because this whole 12th man thing completely brought this city together. It's one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

As a lifelong Seattlelite who's grown up on 29 years of Seahawks jokes, watching today's game was one of the most bizarre, surreal and beautiful experiences of my life. To not only win but to so thoroughly kick the **** out of the Broncos from beginning to win was just a positive indescribable feeling as a Seattlelite. Ironically I was up in Vancouver watching the game today but had to drive home through a lot of the celebrations.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
I've been a fan of the Seahawks since shaun Alexanders 2001 season. Very satisfying win..I'm heading down to seattle to celebrate on Wed.

same here... canucks wont be winning anytime soon.. might as well celebrate big seahawks championship.. :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If only my Joey Galloway jersey still fit me, I'd wear it tomorrow. But considering I got it when I was like 13, I'm thinking it's probably a bad idea to try wearing it again.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Driving home from Canada on I-5, it looked like one just massive party along the 130 mile stretch of I-5 corridor from the border to Seattle. It was insane to see.

Nov 1, 2011

I'm pretty sure the Olympics taught us exactly how it would feel to win a Cup.

Let's not pretend we've never experienced joy as hockey fans.

Would I rather see my team win a Stanley Cup, absolutely, but I don't think I could enjoy a sporting event any more than I enjoyed the Gold Medal in 2010.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

So bittersweet but as a Pacific Northwestern sports fan, I'm happy for them. Especially for Wilson, Lynch, and Sherman. That's awesome.

I'm pretty sure the Olympics taught us exactly how it would feel to win a Cup.

Let's not pretend we've never experienced joy as hockey fans.

Would I rather see my team win a Stanley Cup, absolutely, but I don't think I could enjoy a sporting event any more than I enjoyed the Gold Medal in 2010.

2010 was good and all, but it wasn't as good as 2011 would have felt. I'm as Canadian as they come, but watching Salt Lake was extremely satisfying. Not saying that 2010 wasn't great, I loved it, one of the best memories in hockey I've had but I've been a Canuck fan since 2004 and as a born and raised Vancouverite I want nothing more than the Canuck captain be that who it may be to raise the one trophy I've known since I was a baby. I've never wanted any one thing more than that. It's what I dream of and 2011 haunts me while I live.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
was there last night!
from the days of trekking down to the kingdome in the 80s, and suffering through 94 (living in NYC), then going up to Boston twice for that debacle ....
feels damn good to win.
didnt mind the 3 hours to get home last night at all

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
i love how seattle is choked denver scored any points at all haha.

kept on waking up in the middle of the night and smiling at the thought of the hawks winning. feels awesome!

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
It's funny. Never really followed the NFL and didn't watch much this year, but between the Superbowl and mostly Sherman. I really feel like I should. Just a fun group to watch, and that's only in my limited viewing so far.

Anywho, congrats Seahawks. Absolutely flawless win, even more surprising given it was the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad