OT: Super Bowl XLVIII - Congratulations Seattle Seahawks -- 2014 Champs! (43-8 win)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Alright guys, let's get this show started.

Should be two pretty good games today, I think the road teams (Chiefs and Saints) pull off the upset. Who are you guys picking?

-------------

Seahawks Champion Avatars

SeahawkChampWilson.gif
|
SeahawkChampKearse.gif
|
SeahawkChampHarvin.gif

Russell Wilson|Jermaine Kearse|Percy Harvin
SeahawkChampLynch.gif
|
SeahawkChampTate.gif
|
SeahawkChampBaldwin.gif

Marshawn Lynch|Golden Tate|Doug Baldwin
SeahawkChampSherman.gif
|
SeahawkChampChancellor-1.gif
|
SeahawkChampThomas.gif

Richard Sherman|Kam Chancellor|Earl Thomas
SeahawkChamp12.gif
|
SeahawkChampCarroll.gif
|
SeahawkChampSmith.gif

12th Man|Pete Carroll|Malcolm Smith

Credit and many thanks to The Nemesis for sharing his avatars with us. All hail the one nice Sharks fan :)laugh:)!

Last edited by a moderator:

John Bender*

Alright guys, let's get this show started.

Should be two pretty good games today, I think the road teams (Chiefs and Saints) pull off the upset. Who are you guys picking?

Colts and Saints.

natemm

Sep 13, 2013
Colts and Chiefs are "a pretty good game"?

Waiting for SF @ lambeau.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Colts and Chiefs are "a pretty good game"?

It's not a great game, but I still think its an intriguing match up.

You have Jamaal Charles against a suspect Colts run D, and then one of the next gen QB prodigies Andrew Luck facing an inconsistent Chiefs D.

Plus the story lines surrounding Andy Reid and Alex Smith.

John Bender*

Picking the Chiefs, Saints, Packers and Bengals to advance.

I hope Seattle gets their game back on track. Their offense was dreadful the last few games. Carolina scares me. The Seahawks barely beat them earlier in the year and the Panthers seemed to get stronger as the year went on.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
I can honestly say I'm excited to watch every single game this week.

Best week of the football season, in my opinion. It also helps that there are some really intriguing match ups this week. Hopefully the Seahawks can roll over the Saints one more time...

arsmaster*

I got the Hawks, 49ers, Broncos and Patriots.

I think the Chargers are going to pull off the upset, they've done it once, I think they'll do it again.

Hawks will win.

I honestly think the Panthers-49ers game will be the most competitive of the bunch, I wouldn't at all mind 49ers fans being shut up (I actually used to be a fan before Seattle moved to the NFC west). I just think their fans are annoying.

Patriots-Colts is pretty much a game I could care less about.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
I got the Hawks, 49ers, Broncos and Patriots.

Yea, I like the Panthers, but their offence isn't spread enough with their mediocre WRs. This could be one team left in the playoffs the 49rs can outmatch in terms of receivers.

I think the Chargers have a chance if Welker and Knowshon Moreno are still banged up.

I think the Colts got lucky that the Chiefs were banged up going in and it actually got worse as the game went along. I don't think they can outplay Belichek's coaching at this point. Vereen is the wildcard and I think if he's healthy could have a big week.

I'm not sure about the health of Pierre Thomas, the one joker I think would give the Saints a real chance against the Seahawks. I am also very skeptical about the health of Jimmy Graham. I think he's healthy enough to play, but he clearly isn't 100% after suffering foot problems all season.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Yea, I like the Panthers, but their offence isn't spread enough with their mediocre WRs. This could be one team left in the playoffs the 49rs can outmatch in terms of receivers.

I think the Chargers have a chance if Welker and Knowshon Moreno are still banged up.

I think the Colts got lucky that the Chiefs were banged up going in and it actually got worse as the game went along. I don't think they can outplay Belichek's coaching at this point. Vereen is the wildcard and I think if he's healthy could have a big week.

I'm not sure about the health of Pierre Thomas, the one joker I think would give the Saints a real chance against the Seahawks. I am also very skeptical about the health of Jimmy Graham. I think he's healthy enough to play, but he clearly isn't 100% after suffering foot problems all season.

He should have an easier go around against the Seahawks this time without K.J. Wright, who the Hawks used in man-to-man coverage on Graham the first time around. Unfortunately no one else has the size and length that Wright brought, so Graham should be able to make more of an impact against a 6 foot linebacker or defensive back.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
There's no way the Chargers beat the Broncos. Denver will steamroll em. Though if Welker and Moreno are out it could be tighter than I'm expecting. I just think Manning has the football on a string and he's going to take the Broncos to the Super Bowl.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
There's no way the Chargers beat the Broncos. Denver will steamroll em. Though if Welker and Moreno are out it could be tighter than I'm expecting. I just think Manning has the football on a string and he's going to take the Broncos to the Super Bowl.

The Chargers are the team I support in the AFC, so I've seen quite a bit of them this year. I also made a fairly large wager at the start of the season on the Broncos to win the AFC, so I've been following them pretty close as well.

I'll say this, as someone cheering for Denver, this game makes me pretty nervous. I would have much preferred that Denver play either KC or Indy. The Chargers have played the Broncos tough in both games this season, and Philip Rivers has rediscovered his game after two years of looking like a CFL QB. Ryan Matthews and Danny Woodhead will also eat the Broncos D up along the ground.

I think this game comes down to the other side of the ball though, where the Chargers D has bewildered Peyton Manning with disguised blitzes in both games. You have to think with two weeks of preparation time that Manning has finally figured out how to attack the Chargers D, but anything can happen in the playoffs. That being said, if you think the Broncos are going to win, I would take them -9.5. I think either the Broncos blow them out or the Chargers win a close game.

arsmaster*

They beat them a month ago. They also controlled the clock (almost 39 minutes of possession).

That's how you beat Manning, you don't let him on the field. The game was 24-10 Chargers heading to the 4th quarter.

Phillip Rivers had the best completion percentage in the league this year. I think San Diego can beat them.

Also key to note, they beat them in Denver....if it's cold, I'd take Rivers over Manning.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
The Seahawks is not getting any respect.
6/10 pundits says the Saints will win.
The score will be different...
But I don't see anything the Saints did last week that convinced me they will pull out a win.
Brees still looks terrible on the road.

The only thing that worries me about the Seahawks is the offense...
Which sputtered the last couple of weeks...
But I think the defense is strong enough to hold the Saints at bay...
And Wilson will just do enough to win.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
They beat them a month ago. They also controlled the clock (almost 39 minutes of possession).

That's how you beat Manning, you don't let him on the field. The game was 24-10 Chargers heading to the 4th quarter.

Phillip Rivers had the best completion percentage in the league this year. I think San Diego can beat them.

Also key to note, they beat them in Denver....if it's cold, I'd take Rivers over Manning.

This is one game I will definitely watch.
It is full of intrigues...
But I think Manning will win this time.
He is just too smart of a QB to lose twice to the same team.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'm going to go with Seattle (who haven't been lights since beating the Saints) vs the Panthers (that D is damn good and owned Kaep and co IN SF)

and Chargers vs Pats.

The chargers are the last hope to beat the Broncos. If they don't, they're SB bound.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
I'm going to go with Seattle (who haven't been lights since beating the Saints) vs the Panthers (that D is damn good and owned Kaep and co IN SF)

and Chargers vs Pats.

The chargers are the last hope to beat the Broncos. If they don't, they're SB bound.

Don't doubt Brady in the cold. That's what it would be if it was Denver and NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad