OT: Staples Center/ Kings Games

Charbacca08

Jan 17, 2011
LA
Hey Everyone,

Like most people in LA I am a transplant. I am a HUGE hockey fan and would really love to start taking in King's games here and there. I figured with Lombardi being from my town and watching Quick at UMASS....They would be the right western conference team to root for.

I have never been to the Staples Center. I was looking for advice on the best sort of way to take in a Kings game. Best way to get tickets. I know things tend to vary from city to city. Any and all advice regarding the best experience I could get would be awesome. Especially with the teams coming to town in March....I expect some quality hockey to be played.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Best way to get to games varies
Where you are coming from and time of day of the game.
I would avoid the 110 since the carpool lane is now a toll road.
The subway is not too bad of an option if you don't have to transfer
As far as getting Tickets most games this year are selling out
Stub hub or ticket exchange are safe and there are some ok prices sometimes.
If you don't mind spending a little money on tickets look to PR seats. They can be cheaper than the 100 section and have nice extras (in seat concessions, separate entry, better food) . If you are going to see only a couple of games a year it is nice to go all out.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
back in the day, i used grab some premier's for $25 a ticket from the homies round da' way, outside Staples. I think those days are gone

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
I've never trusted those ticket scalpers. Do they actually work?

I live in Pasadena so I would take the gold line via union station to the red-blue. Exit out of Pico. Takes me right to Staples. But sometimes I would drive and park on Grand/Pico. They have $5 parking and the walk isnt that bad. Although I do hear that there are closer locations to Staples that charges $5 parking.

Cheap tickets. Hmm stubhub over ticketmaster FOR SURE. But I think there is another website I heard on the radio that sells cheaper tickets. Forget the name ughhh...

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
I picked up 2 tickets the day of the Kings/Nashville game for half off face value from Stubhub. Weeknights always seem to be cheaper.

Alternate Jersey

Jul 8, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
I've never trusted those ticket scalpers. Do they actually work?

I live in Pasadena so I would take the gold line via union station to the red-blue. Exit out of Pico. Takes me right to Staples. But sometimes I would drive and park on Grand/Pico. They have $5 parking and the walk isnt that bad. Although I do hear that there are closer locations to Staples that charges $5 parking.

Cheap tickets. Hmm stubhub over ticketmaster FOR SURE. But I think there is another website I heard on the radio that sells cheaper tickets. Forget the name ughhh...

BARRYS tickets? (Caps lock intended - always sounds like they're yelling it...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad