OT: Skate sharpening in Ottawa

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Looking for the best place in the West End during the summer period.

My regular shop closes during the summer.

Thanks

The SensPlex in Kanata might sharpen skates or the Hockey Stall (Stittsville) Iber Road.

spare parts

Feb 18, 2009
The SensPlex in Kanata might sharpen skates or the Hockey Stall (Stittsville) Iber Road.

Thanks, Siince Woody started to train those guys, the results are a bit more consistent.

My guy at Dulude is back in business.

I am happy again.

Pickard

spare parts

Feb 18, 2009
Skate Sharpening in Ottawa

Well my friends, I am still happy with my guy at the Dulude arena.

The other night, on a Wednesday, he was closed (as for every Wednesdays) and I had an emergency. I ended up going to one of the local sports (unnamed) and was sorry I did. My skate were sharper before I went there than after.

I went to Dulude arena on the first opportunity and my friend fixed my problem. Furthermore, he did not charge me a thing. Talk about PR.

Happiness is Happy blades.

J

chrewilson

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I have always found the Hockey Stall to be the best in the "Goulbourn" area and friendly I showed up an hour after closing he was still there and gladly did the job.

CheeseSandwich*

I had these really crappy skates and I put them into a skate sharpening vendor and out came these great bauer supremes. The skates didn't fit but they were brand new so I brought them back to walmart with no receipt and got moneh.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
NEEECCCRRRROOOOO

I'm going skating tonight with my girlfriend and she needs her skates sharpened. Doesn't have to be anything special, but any recommendations? I just want her to stay on her feet. We live near Tunney's pasture so anything near there would be perfect.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I had these really crappy skates and I put them into a skate sharpening vendor and out came these great bauer supremes. The skates didn't fit but they were brand new so I brought them back to walmart with no receipt and got moneh.

coolstorybro.jpg

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I only trust my blades at Valiquette on Carling. Many places doa lousy job, not these guys.

Jackson12

Feb 28, 2008
Ottawa
NEEECCCRRRROOOOO

I'm going skating tonight with my girlfriend and she needs her skates sharpened. Doesn't have to be anything special, but any recommendations? I just want her to stay on her feet. We live near Tunney's pasture so anything near there would be perfect.

home hardware on wellington will do it. my buddy says he doesnt like our machine but i never have any complaints after i do my skates (im not picky).

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Sorry to bump this old thread but just moved to Rideau Street area and was wondering where would be a good place to get my skates sharpened in the walking vicinity? (Rideau and King Edward)

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Sorry to bump this old thread but just moved to Rideau Street area and was wondering where would be a good place to get my skates sharpened in the walking vicinity? (Rideau and King Edward)

Might be a tad out of your way, but Foster's at Bank and Sommerset sharpens skates.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa

Probably the U of O sports complex at King Edward and Mann.

Likely not as close as you'd hoped.:dunno:

mRielly21

Jan 31, 2015
I live in Ottawa and I drive out to Kanata to get my skates done at the bell sens plex. Theres a younger guy there (Matthew) that's been doing my skates we got to talking and he is more then qualified,with almost 10 years of knowledge. I suggested to the parents on my kids team go there and they were incredibly happy. 7 kids off our AAA team go there weekly not one issue with there skates.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Maybe this thread should be stickied? We should vote

I vote no. :laugh:

You can get skates sharpened everywhere. At any sports store that sells a hockey stick. I think you might have to cross the canal if you're in Sandy Hill, Furious.

Also, lol @ 3 banned users on the first page.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
The Canadian Pro Shop located in the Goulburn Rec Complex in Stittsville is the place to go. If Jason is there he is your guy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad