OT: OT Non-ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
In all seriousness, I don't envy you guys (Mods) having to put up with us for this season (which looks to be one long season - and not in a good way :()
Yes, I'm just sucking up to management..:naughty:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
You're just mad because you'd be first on my list. Simply because you're the closest to me from a geographical standpoint.

Man, you don't want to come here...there's a reason we are the murder capital and this town can thank me for that award.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I all seriousness, I don't envy you guys (Mods) having to put up with us for this season (which looks to be one long season - and not in a good way :()
Yes, I'm just sucking up to management..:naughty:

You heard it here first guys, Ian MacIntyre posts on HF! :sarcasm:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Hit the post*

Se_HUp.gif

:laugh:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Thanks for sharing this man, my 5 year old twin brothers will go nuts for this

Welp, I hope you grabbed one because it just sold out. :laugh: (though I'm sure it'll be restocked before Christmas)

If not, you might be lucky to find it in-store.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Welp, I hope you grabbed one because it just sold out. :laugh: (though I'm sure it'll be restocked before Christmas)

I might have gotten the last one hahaha

For some reason my credit card is getting declined so had to use visa debit. This is such a pain, I've got 900/1k on the available and paid off the 100 yesterday but its still happening. Will have to call them because it ****ed me on copping some Adidas x Raf Simons Stan Smiths for less than 50% retail :rant:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Watched Hacksawridge

Mel Gibson should never try to impersonating Spielberg, what a disaster. I have no idea how it got rated so high on rotten tomatoes. I've never seen such lazy/bad directing in a while out of a top end movie. This movie lives and dies on it's cast and the premise. What a god damn disservice to the people that actually went to war.

Someone needs to tell Mel Gibson how to do linear movie directing, because the angles are all over the place.

Normally, the good guys always go from left to right in a scene. It's so that the brain of the viewer subconsciously doesn't have to focus on what's going on rather then having to think about what's going on. Mel Gibson didn't do this, instead he just filmed scenes from what ever angle he saw fit. Which made it confusing and brought me out of the moment completely.

When doing combat scenes particularly when you are doing a chaotic combat scene, lower the damn frame rate. If forces the brain to try to puzzle things together, rather then the brain already processing it fast and then I can focus on the ****** stunt workers/****** set design.

When you are doing animation and you do not have the budget to do a scene where let's say you need a navy to fire from it's cannons. Don't zoom in and show us a scene of the boat in poorly rendered CG. Takes the viewer out of the movie.

If you are going to use CG for the blood don't be inconsistent, either put it on the screen as a cheap B-movie thriller would do or don't. Don't half ass it and do it in one scene. Also if you are going to copy and paste the CG of bullet impacts in body don't use the same god damn animation right after eachother.

If you are going to use the same exact clip of soldiers shooting don't try to cheap out and instead of filming 2 takes, just take the previous take and invert the image and use that for the next god damn cut. Mel did it twice!!!! Once he did it by reusing footage of a explosion in a tunnel and fire engulfing the tunnel, then he used that exact same footage just inverted it in right after eachother. How cliche is that.

Also, don't give me racist caricatures of native americans.

What an awfully made movie, I bet the people rating this movie couldn't see how badly this movie was made instead they just saw the premise and bought in because they are flag waivers. Seriously, what a bad movie. I felt bad laughing at some of the scenes, what a disservice to a great story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad