OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread v52352.35 - RIP Atlanta Falcons Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Let's go falcons been a fan since 96, haven't had a lot of great moments. This could be it.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Had our family skate at Rogers Arena yesterday - what a blast. We got there a little early so they let us do the open house bit first, and since we were the only ones there we got to take our time. Visited the dressing room and the press conference room before going back to lace up our skates. Dave Babych had come off the ice from an earlier group so we chatted with him a bit - he's such a nice guy. Asked about what I do in Kitimat, talked about it being a smart place to raise a family given lower mainland prices - also talked about him rescuing that hiker a few months ago.

After that it was onto the ice. My boys had an absolute blast. (I'll post some photos in a bit). Fin came on the ice, and of course he was the big hit with the kids. Garry Monahan came out and joined us too, and he was a great talker. My oldest asked him if he'd ever gotten injured while playing hockey, and he told the story of how he severed his hamstring for 200+ stitches by falling into a net. He autographed my blue Rink 'n Stick jersey for me, too, as well as some cards for the kids.

It was pretty surreal skating on that ice. The building looks enormous from ice level. Sitting on the benches, standing at center ice, and even the goal crease...pretty cool stuff! It was a great day.

Edit:

IMG_7319_zpsdwqt4kpa.png

IMG_7300_zpsxwgs0dko.jpg

IMG_7297_zpsymhey0ff.jpg

IMG_7276_zpsqthgho6y.jpg

IMG_7219_zps7te88zhl.jpg

Last edited:

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Currently interning at the Zone on the Island.

Doing the 12am-3am shift, any song requests? :)

(think alternative rock/punk/indie)

Might not fit the genre but the closet to what I listen to would be early Iron Maiden - Prowler or Sanctuary

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

I'm seeing a good amount of 90s stuff in your playlist - how about Only One by the Goo Goo Dolls, or Black Metallic by Catherine Wheel

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Might not fit the genre but the closet to what I listen to would be early Iron Maiden - Prowler or Sanctuary

hmmm... yeah I just played some Metallica and there's nothing in the system by those guys :(
I'm seeing a good amount of 90s stuff in your playlist - how about Only One by the Goo Goo Dolls, or Black Metallic by Catherine Wheel

they don't have either of those in the system. :rant:

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014

Hurricane by Beast. I used to listen to the Zone all the time when I was younger working in the service industry, always remember that song. And congrats on the internship!

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
Soooo, heading to my first Canucks game in Vancouver next weekend against Minny. I'm a Northern Ontario boy and have only caught the Nucks in Toronto and Ottawa. Wondering how the pricing is in the arena for beer/snacks/souvenirs and if anyone has any suggestions on things to do/check-out pre/post-game and what else there is out there you'd consider a "must-see" We got reservations for the new sports bar in Rogers Arena for before the game, but I was wondering what to do afterwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad