OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread v52352.35 - RIP Atlanta Falcons Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Yeah still don't get how Y2K ended up liking the Jags. Weird.

Some poster had a weird obsession with me and just started claiming that I like the Jags. I don't even like the NFL enough to really follow a team. If I had to pick one I would say the Seahawks now that Peyton Manning has retired, but again, I don't care enough to really get to know their roster.

Maybe someone thought I was a Jags fan because I had Blake Bortles as my fantasy QB in 2015?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Some poster had a weird obsession with me and just started claiming that I like the Jags. I don't even like the NFL enough to really follow a team. If I had to pick one I would say the Seahawks now that Peyton Manning has retired, but again, I don't care enough to really get to know their roster.

Maybe someone thought I was a Jags fan because I had Blake Bortles as my fantasy QB in 2015?

I'll agree it is a weird obsession.

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
I don't believe anyone that says they were a Pats fan prior to the Bellichek/Brady run.

Anyone here play Tecmo Bowl back in the day? The ****ing Pats were so bad. Their QB - I can't remember who it was, his throws would be like basketball shots. Pats and the Colts were two of the worst teams. Charles Haley on the Cowboys was pretty much automatic to sack the opposing QB on every play.

That was one of the greatest games ever........though I'll qualify that by stating that I have not played a video game in about 15 years.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
^ First NFL video game for me was when the Pats and Packers were in the superbowl and they were the default teams to choose from. Been a fan of both ever since. Still have a tiny GB Favre jersey somewhere. Not the most romantic story but **** it.

I am not a Pats can.

Well no point changing it now. #1 Pats can.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I don't believe anyone that says they were a Pats fan prior to the Bellichek/Brady run.

Anyone here play Tecmo Bowl back in the day? The ****ing Pats were so bad. Their QB - I can't remember who it was, his throws would be like basketball shots. Pats and the Colts were two of the worst teams. Charles Haley on the Cowboys was pretty much automatic to sack the opposing QB on every play.

That was one of the greatest games ever........though I'll qualify that by stating that I have not played a video game in about 15 years.

I remember NFL Gameday... I wanna say 95? For Sega.

There were 2 plays that would be an automatic TD's like 95% of the time. Either run a swing left to the RB and roll the QB all the way to the right, right to the sidelines, then throw to the RB standing alone with no one even on that half the field; or throw a Go route to James Jett.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
^ First NFL video game for me was when the Pats and Packers were in the superbowl and they were the default teams to choose from. Been a fan of both ever since. Still have a tiny GB Favre jersey somewhere. Not the most romantic story but **** it.

Well no point changing it now. #1 Pats can.

Pats can!

fd5a5516a570e76497791382127948ed.jpg

:laugh:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'm just hoping for a good game. I have a club crawl booked for after the game in Vegas anyway, but would be nice to have something exciting while sitting at a Super Bowl party for 7 hours.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Someone may have it archived, or know where to find it, but it started with a proposal about an under-the-sea ski resort. Poster had pictures and the whole nine yards. The legacy has lived on since.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110128185411/http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=357264

Not complete but it'll give enough of an indication of the discussion.

Nothing in the internet is ever gone. Nothing.

I have copies of EVERYTHING...EVERYTHING. Meet my cat Morris:

6f32ce7c56894d07ac4067471c1b4257.jpg

Current location: hiding under PG Canucks' bed....

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah nothing is ever gone, except the pictures that make it so much better. :cry:

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
to me, people's avatars essentially take on their character. like Lesnar is y2k . Garrison is Nuckles and Stecher is now PG lol

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
to me, people's avatars essentially take on their character. like Lesnar is y2k . Garrison is Nuckles and Stecher is now PG lol

Basically the same for me. I have nothing else to identify people so avatars it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad