OT: OT - NFL HFLeaf thread

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Predictable outcome when the Niners didn't punch that OT drive into the end zone.

Good game though. Those defences were balling out for the first three quarters. Offences got the upper hand late, but Chiefs were better. Mahomes is a difference maker.
Yep, better QB got it done.

Reactions: wingman75

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Happy to have SF take that one further step by playing for The Super Bowl this season. Congratulations to KC and its fans here for the repeat.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Congratulations to Andy Reid, one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Guys just play for this guy.

Must be nice to have players who try hard and a coach who is one of the best at what they do….

Congratulations to the Kansas City Swifts….

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
3 and counting. If Taylor Swift has taught us anything, its that when you're not at your best during the regular season, you gotta shake it off and shine in the playoffs when it matters.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
My favorite sports quote this season is from Patrick Mahomes when he said something like "if I play better, everyone will play better" when the team was struggling earlier in the season. I posted that here a few times saying I wish we had leadership like that on the Leafs!

Well he did lead the way by playing better and just like he said would happen, everyone else played better to. Now they're in the Super Bowl again and once again he's showing leadership by asking the team to stay away from Vegas temptations this week, and promising to bring back the team to Vegas to party if they win. I can only imagine how good this Leaf team could be if Matthews possessed this kind of leadership capabilities!

Mahomes is the man!
It bears repeating. "If I play better, everyone will play better". Mahomes led, and his team followed.

We haven't had leadership like that since the Doug Gilmour era. Maybe we'll have it again some day, one can dream.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
It bears repeating. "If I play better, everyone will play better". Mahomes led, and his team followed.

We haven't had leadership like that since the Doug Gilmour era. Maybe we'll have it again some day, one can dream.
Sundin was a pretty good leader. He would have gotten more out of this team than Tavares for sure.

Next year should be a circus for the Chiefs with Kelce coming back and bringing all the swifties along for the ride. He's a beast.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Great game, all the other stuff...ugh.
That was the worst halftime show I can remember watching. To each their own. That clearly was not for me. Thankfully I watch for the football ;-)

Sundin was a pretty good leader. He would have gotten more out of this team than Tavares for sure.

Next year should be a circus for the Chiefs with Kelce coming back and bringing all the swifties along for the ride. He's a beast.
I feel the only team that can knock the Chiefs out is the Bengals with a fully healthy Burrow. They just went through death row this season and barely flinched...

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Very good game and Im happy the Chiefs won. Dad Bod Mahomes got it done again and Andy Reid is just a great coach.

SF didnt know the rules in OT....looks good on them

Swift is such a good role model....especially for women. Maga fans hate her so I love it.
She was on air 50 secs .....beats watching those crappy commercials and the half time show.

SF still hasnt won a SB since the 90's so it looks great on them. As I mentioned over and over again....it doesnt matter how many playoff wins you have....only trash talkers use that as a goal post.

Win the Championship ....thats all that matters. Especially during the cap error where turnover of players is always a issue to deal with.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-02-12-12-40-15~2.png
Screenshot_2024-02-12-12-39-51~2.png

• Haha
Reactions: thewave

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

Incredible football player, but will now forever only be known as Taylor Swift's boyfriend (until she moves on to the next one).

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
That was the worst halftime show I can remember watching. To each their own. That clearly was not for me. Thankfully I watch for the football ;-)

I feel the only team that can knock the Chiefs out is the Bengals with a fully healthy Burrow. They just went through death row this season and barely flinched...
The Bills should have beaten them this year. They were the better team, IMO.

Very good game and Im happy the Chiefs won. Dad Bod Mahomes got it done again and Andy Reid is just a great coach.

SF didnt know the rules in OT....looks good on them

Swift is such a good role model....especially for women. Maga fans hate her so I love it.
She was on air 50 secs .....beats watching those crappy commercials and the half time show.

SF still hasnt won a SB since the 90's so it looks great on them. As I mentioned over and over again....it doesnt matter how many playoff wins you have....only trash talkers use that as a goal post.

Win the Championship ....thats all that matters. Especially during the cap error where turnover of players is always a issue to deal with.
What do you mean by 'they didn't know the rules in OT'?

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada

What do you mean by 'they didn't know the rules in OT'?
I would guess they're referring to them taking first possession since it's a massive advantage to get 2nd possession.

But the Niners Defense just got off the field, the coaches probably told him the Defense needed a rest and would be basically a guaranteed td against if they had to go right back out on the field to start OT.

No good option there really for SF.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I would guess they're referring to them taking first possession since it's a massive advantage to get 2nd possession.

But the Niners Defense just got off the field, the coaches probably told him the Defense needed a rest and would be basically a guaranteed td against if they had to go right back out on the field to start OT.

No good option there really for SF.
Thanks, makes sense.
It wasn't that they didn't know the rules .

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Respectfully disagree. Buffalo and Baltimore both had KC in their home field and could not find a way to beat them. They had their chance, and proved they were not better.

Imagine KC gets their act together and finish 1st in the AFC next season... my confidence would be way lower on someone beating them in KC than on their home field.

The difference has been at the QB position imo. Mahomes finds a way or whatever you want to call it... a la Brady. None of the other AFC QBs have shown they can do that... yet.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille