OT: My experience seeing the locker room, hanging out with the team/Eagles game!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Ha the whole team was there except for Vinny, Streit, Kimo, Ray, Hall, and Gill. Grossman is huge. Simmonds was pretty big too. Pretty much all of the guys in the stands that are wearing hats in the one picture are on the team as they were hoping people wouldn't recognize them. It was funny because I walked in with Hartnell and Jake and everyone recognized Hartnell and were calling out to him but no one knew who Jake was! I guess the hat really made a difference or no one really recognizes him.

So everyone apart from the old guys pretty much!

MrHockey1982

Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Has anyone here seen the crossing broad article about this?
Lot of heresay, but still:
http://www.crossingbroad.com/2013/1...their-ineptitude-on-the-eagles-yesterday.html

My best friend and I are sitting in section 243 and my friend gets a text from his uncle that he’s sitting next to Claude Giroux and Hartsy. We call ******** and he swears up and down that Hartnel is sitting right next to him and G next to Hartnel and that pretty much the whole Flyers team is in his section. Section 236 Row 3, end zone right above the Lincoln Finnacial Field sign. At halftime we decide to go scope out it. As we make our way towards their section the first Flyer we see is Tye McGinn who is standing in line with a buddy waiting to buy beer. We decide to get in line behind him because we needed a beer anyway. No one what so ever recognizes that it is McGinn standing in line but us. He orders 5 beers and Eagles fans begin to gripe and yell at him because its taking so long to serve him and we just chuckle at the fact that its McGinn. As he leaves we compliment him on his solid play on the first line this year and he turns around and smirks and acknowledges us. Just as that takes place Brayden Schenn comes stumbling through the beer line following a smoke bomb of a blonde girl like a little puppy dog. Again NOONE recognizes who he is and we yell “YEAH SCHENNER GET IT†he turns around and starts laughing up and walks back up to his seat. As he’s walking up to his section Max Talbot comes stumbling down the stairs clearly bombed and in a stooper and makes his way to the bathroom. We are in disbelief of what we are seeing. My buddy decides to take a piss while I’m still in line waiting for our beers. Rinaldo then comes down the steps and finally people recognize him and are taking pictures with him. I see him make his way to the bathroom. My buddy comes out cracking up and begins to tell me how Rinaldo took a piss in the stall and was talking to one of his buddies in the next stall about how he loves when girls recognize him because he’s a hockey player and how he was going to slay some blonde after the game. After the game we meet up with my buddies uncle and he told us that G, Hartsy, both Schenns, Read, Simmer, Coots, McGinn, Jakob, Talbot, and Rhino were all in their section and all drinking and carrying on ALOT. He said Hartnel ordered at least 60 beers for all the Flyers and finally bought him 2 for passing them down all night from the server. Read joked to G every time the Eagles got booed by the fans that it sounded like the Flyers power play. Read told a story about being ****ed up in a cab in center city and puking on the cab driver. They all subliminally joked to one another about how bad upper management is. G made a comment that they might win a game soon if they actually manage to play in the 3rd period and Read and Hartnel chime in and said yeah if we don’t get lit up before that or blow it with 4 minutes left. Basically the Flyers locker room is a complete mess and disaster and the players are all treating it as a joke. I have pictures of McGinn, Talbot and Rinaldo to verify.

We’ll take some of those claims with a tiny grain of salt. But the entire team was, in fact, at the Cowboys game:

FWIW, Read was sitting directly behind me as well as Giroux and Hartnell. None of them were hammered or carrying on all that much. They were all wearing hats so people wouldn't recognize them. Why would they want to draw attention to themselves by carrying on? I already said Hartnell ordered beers for everyone including us so that was true. Read was pretty funny and joking around a lot and kept saying that since the guy on the Eagles who messed up currently sucks so much they should trade him lol. All of those other comments I didn't hear and there was no one closer to them in the entire stadium. That last comment from Read was actually because I asked him if the Flyers are going to win on Thursday because I'm going to the game and he said to me, "Yea we'll probably win the whole game and then blow it with 3 minutes left!" I thought it was pretty funny and nothing more. You've gotta be able to joke around about stuff when times are tough. I'm sure this is nothing out of the ordinary. To be clear, I didn't hear one thing about upper management as that is total BS. They would never say that stuff in public lol.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I hate you...

I came here to say this..... :laugh: But seriously, that is SO awesome

1392_10100206205315176_209630019_n.jpg

Jake looks like giving advice about playing Angry Birds..

Also - Simmonds was pretty big? So he has normal size legs, they just look like chicken legs because of the perspective? :laugh:

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
oh jeesh....the Flyers better just start winning b/c this stuff is just going to start getting worse and worse and become a self fulfilling prophesy of sorts. I'm sure there might be some kernals of truth to some of it but who knows the whole context. If they did talk about management it would be stupid of them but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me all that much with some players....not like they haven't done some stupid stuff like bringing in Bryz or maybe doing things they don't like. I mean everybody in their job complains about management from time to time and some of it may even be warranted. People are human. I mean rumor has it that some players are not happy with Berube taking over probably b/c he knows "where the bodies are buried" and can call out the players more easily. Holmgren seemed to have implied as much and Snider even alluded to it in some ways saying we are going to find out if we "overrated" players. With a new coach from the outside maybe that wouldn't be the case or as easily done...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That Crossing Broad article is exactly how a whole lot of stupidity gets spread among the fanbase and garbage like Dry Island gets started, or players get run out of town for idiotic reasons.

I'm just glad to see them relaxing. Maybe it'll help.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
That Crossing Broad article is exactly how a whole lot of stupidity gets spread among the fanbase and garbage like Dry Island gets started, or players get run out of town for idiotic reasons.

I'm just glad to see them relaxing. Maybe it'll help.

What? Why aren't they bag skating until Thursday?

The Crossing Broad guy just comes across like a jealous little twit in that article. This is the kind of crap that the morons eat up though.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What? Why aren't they bag skating until Thursday?

The Crossing Broad guy just comes across like a jealous little twit in that article. This is the kind of crap that the morons eat up though.

If the suck streak continues and it's time to find reasons for it, we need to brace ourselves. The media will trot out this crap again as proof that they're distracted. God forbid they don't use every single second they're awake to work on hockey, and spend their sleeping hours dreaming about how to get better at hockey.

It would be nice if the people and sites who cover the Flyers spent every waking minute finding ways to be better at covering and analyzing the Flyers, and spend their sleeping time dreaming about not resorting to TMZ garbage.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
If the suck streak continues and it's time to find reasons for it, we need to brace ourselves. The media will trot out this crap again as proof that they're distracted. God forbid they don't use every single second they're awake to work on hockey, and spend their sleeping hours dreaming about how to get better at hockey.

It would be nice if the people and sites who cover the Flyers spent every waking minute finding ways to be better at covering and analyzing the Flyers, and spend their sleeping time dreaming about not resorting to TMZ garbage.

Irony at its finest. Lack of professionalism by the players, but ignore the fact that my "story" reads like a high school girl's gossip note.

MrHockey1982

Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I came here to say this..... :laugh: But seriously, that is SO awesome

1392_10100206205315176_209630019_n.jpg

Jake looks like giving advice about playing Angry Birds..

Also - Simmonds was pretty big? So he has normal size legs, they just look like chicken legs because of the perspective? :laugh:

My guess is that Claude was talking to some girl(s) and he was sharing text messages with the team because they were giggling about it lol. Simmonds is just imposing, not hugely muscular or anything. He just seemed like he was a bigger guy to me. Grossman just towered over everyone.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Did you get a chance to say what overrated, overpaid bums they all are who couldn't beat a midget team with their lacklustre play, and that they need to get their collective heads out of their anuses and win some ****ing games?

Yeah, I wouldn't have either.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
My guess is that Claude was talking to some girl(s) and he was sharing text messages with the team because they were giggling about it lol. Simmonds is just imposing, not hugely muscular or anything. He just seemed like he was a bigger guy to me. Grossman just towered over everyone.

I enhanced the image with some NSA equipment I use.....discovered this is what they are looking at

miley-cyrus-google-name__oPt.jpg

MrHockey1982

Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Did you get a chance to say what overrated, overpaid bums they all are who couldn't beat a midget team with their lacklustre play, and that they need to get their collective heads out of their anuses and win some ****ing games?

Yeah, I wouldn't have either.

Haha the thought never entered my mind in person. They were having a good time and I didn't want to ruin it or get thrown out. But they definitely suck right now. Hopefully they show up for Thursday

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Haha the thought never entered my mind in person. They were having a good time and I didn't want to ruin it or get thrown out. But they definitely suck right now. Hopefully they show up for Thursday

"Scott, Scott, Scott, can you even spell CORSI? I mean, you go down so easily on ice, they should replace your jersey number with a periscope. Earn your money, man!!"

I'm so brave in my living room right now.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Crossing Broad (Kyle Scott) is basically the ****** version of TMZ.

He has zero integrity, and all he cares about is page hits.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I really hope there is little to no truth on that crossing broad article. Some of the stuff is pretty funny and some of it pisses me off. (If true).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad