OT - I hope the NHL is watching...

Habtchum*

If these guys were not two unknown players from the Swiss league, and it would had been a Lucic on Subban hit, I dunno how people would react here...

(We should know. It happened in the Chara-MaxPac incident)...

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Good god! The victim is the guilty party... where do you come from

I feel awful for the guy, but when I watched it I had the same opinion, his choice to intitate contact that far from the boards contributed to what ultimately happened.

I dont think the injured player is solely responsible but I think his actions did contribute to it. You cant retrospectiviely figure out who got hurt and then use this information to absolve them of any responsibility.

the whole thing sucks, I'm sure the hitter would we willing to trade anything for the guy getting up and skating off.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Man, poor guy:( Don't give a **** about his technique, freak accident but man, really sucks. It's not something you say "oh well, next time". Really unfortunate.

souzouqui

Mar 26, 2006
Montreal
Some of the posters have sunk to new lows... very sad.

Sometime, when you put yourself in a risky situation, bad things happen. If i drive on the highway and decides de breaks abruptly, i might get hit by the person following me and die. If i decide to go ski in the alpes without proper technique, i might die too. What happened is unfortunate, but they need to teach kids how to inititate contact in the corner. Actually thats one of the first thing i learned when i was old enough to play contact.

Langdon Alger*

Some of the posters have sunk to new lows... very sad.

Can't bring myself to watch the video, so I don't know if it applies here, but there's a such thing as contributory negligence. In a negligence case, a court can limit a plaintiff's damages or reject them entirely if said plaintiff's actions are found to have contributed to the injuries he suffered.

Granted, this doesn't apply in intentional tort cases, so if you believe this to be one, then it's irrelevant.

Out East

Jan 11, 2013
Halifax NS
It is true that Kelly stopping up somewhat where he did was a contributing factor but if I'm driving and the crosswalk light is flashing and I choose to ignore it and I hit a pedestrian it is my fault. The fact the pedestrian contributed to it by not making sure I was going to stop makes him stupid but not at fault. If the league made an automatic first offense a 25 game suspension and 2nd offense a 50 game suspension the hitting from behind would disappear real quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad