News Article: OT - General fanager closed down!

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The best fan sites always get bought up by NHL teams - I still miss Extra Skater - but am very happy that guy is now working for the leafs.

Would concur that CapFriendly is a solid replacement (better even)

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
http://www.generalfanager.com/

A message to our fans:

General Fanager is shutting down.

It is with sadness that we close the doors to this incredibly fun passion project. We launched General Fanager in May of 2015. Along the way, we have come to serve and get to know an incredible base of users that we will greatly miss.

For anyone that ever helped with the site, from those that pitched in on busy days, to those that reported site errors, or helped track down details, or those that promoted our work, or just simply those that routinely typed generalfanager.com into their address bar: Thank you.

- Tom Poraszka
Founder, General Fanager
Genfanager
genfanager-tw-248c2cd4d318f5710ca36b532fdd5c7ecea319126be933bccac5f46a75b31f7f.png

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I'm sure this Poruszka fellow is a smart dude and all (and hell, good for him for getting hired by an NHL team), but I don't understand what he could possibly add to an NHL front office. The previous NHL hires from private companies/websites have all worked in advanced stats. A website tracking player salaries seems a little more basic by comparison.

Anyways... I switched to CapFriendly from GeneralFanager months ago. It's the better of the two IMO.

I would hazard a guess that he might've been sought after as a capologist.

Las Vegas is going to have a super monumental task ahead of itself prior to the expansion draft.

Once they get the list of exposed players they'll have relatively very little time to then assess all the myriad scenarios with each team's cap situation to determine which teams have weak positions at the bargaining table.

E.g. LV could opt to not select a cap heavy contract even if that BPA in order to leave a team in a bad cap situation then call up that GM and discuss a trade option so instead of getting the BPA you get BPA +.

Now multiply that by 30 teams and figure out the scenarios depending on each player you have an option to select.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad