(OT) First Time In Edmonton

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
Wo! Wo! Wo! Wait a minute here! No pizza for you son! Donairs are the official food around here buddy pal.

King Donairs off 34th for me.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Didnt council put an embargo on new bars in Old Strathcona?

Booo. That's lame (but I understand why)

The bar across from Billiards could be a National (I thinks its Tribute now). Its got the size and they could probably build a basemen for the bowling alley

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Best pizza: Capital Pizza by Londonderry Mall.

Best place to watch a game: You can never go wrong with Hudson's.

Best bar: Depends what night.

Sundays: On the Rocks
Mondays: Hudson's Downtown
Tuesdays: The Rack
Wednesdays: The Ranch
Thursdays: Knoxville's
Friday and Saturday: Anything on Whyte or Jasper.

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
I'm getting a serious Donair craving right about now.:) Thanks for all the options, have somewhere else to eat besides Oodle Noodle, Mediteranean chicken pizza in old strathcona and ruth's chris...that i only hear about every day on Oilers Now:laugh:

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
I'm getting a serious Donair craving right about now.:) Thanks for all the options, have somewhere else to eat besides Oodle Noodle, Mediteranean chicken pizza in old strathcona and ruth's chris...that i only hear about every day on Oilers Now:laugh:

Ruth's Chris is the most over rated place I can think of. Way too expensive for mediocre food. I'm pretty sure I read that they import US beef here to serve.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Use Urbanspoon for places to go for food. It's pretty accurate for Edmonton, IMO (if you go off ratings and not "what's hot")

sundaysleftovers

Feb 28, 2013
Saskatchewan
If you're cabbing it to the game call early. Also for after the game I'm not sure where is the best place to catch one, we go lucky on 118th after waiting around for a half hour. It gets crazy busy there on game day.

Have fun and hopefully the oilers can lay a beating on the nucks

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
If you're cabbing it to the game call early. Also for after the game I'm not sure where is the best place to catch one, we go lucky on 118th after waiting around for a half hour. It gets crazy busy there on game day.

Have fun and hopefully the oilers can lay a beating on the nucks

Hope so, watched the Oilers in Ottawa a few times and they always win, hopefully no jersey tossing kinda nights. I think we are taking the LRT to the game.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Night life
Either goto Whyte Ave or Jasper Ave
There is a few clubs at west edmonton mall as well

had to chuckle--night life in Edmonton--sorry had to chuckle--a few of my friends came over to London last year and talked about clubs in WEM--club life in mall cracks me up

and this does not help

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
Everyone says the best place to buy a jersey is the Oilers store in Kingsway Mall. I checked out the reviews for it and everyone says it is overpriced. Best selection i can understand, is there a place they are cheaper or is it pretty much the same every place you go? Also, as far as selection goes, they have all current players, do they have Legends as well?

Oct 15, 2008
Everyone says the best place to buy a jersey is the Oilers store in Kingsway Mall. I checked out the reviews for it and everyone says it is overpriced. Best selection i can understand, is there a place they are cheaper or is it pretty much the same every place you go? Also, as far as selection goes, they have all current players, do they have Legends as well?

The prices are the same. Unless of course you want knock off crap. The prices for the real thing are the same all over. There is no variance. Yes, they have the best selection of older players etc. You can also call ahead and have them make anything you want, but give it 6-8wks. Longer around Christmas.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Edmonton is a rather boring generic Canadian city. It has much the same restaurants and activities as any other city. Only distinctiove geographic features make it interesting.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
How is Von's now? That used to be a good place for a steak.

I liked the steak there. better than the keg for sure.

I still prefer Coliseum (right by rexal). It's cheaper and quite honestly I've yet to have a better steak in a restaurant.

The Oysters at Von's though.. yum yum. yum.... yum.

Real_Estate-Agent

Sep 12, 2006
Edmonton
Make sure to go to this restaurant

http://trescarnales.com/

Have not found anything better in North America for its genre

Not sure how "genre" relates to food but I took my wife there last night on your recommendation. We left before entering the restaurant after we glanced through the windows.

Not a large dining area - all seats were taken. There was a line up of perhaps 15 people waiting to order take-out. Something good is going on there - will definitely check it out another time...

Thanks for the recommendation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad