OT: Darcy's Pub in Victoria is now a Flames bar

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I'm desperate, in town for work and had to listen to the last game on the radio in my hotel room :laugh:

Not sure how accurate this thread is anymore anyways. I was at Darcy's last week and it was chock full of Canucks fans. :dunno:

Trae

Calgary
Not sure how accurate this thread is anymore anyways. I was at Darcy's last week and it was chock full of Canucks fans. :dunno:

Yeah I had heard conflicting information so thought I'd do a google search and sure enough ended up on hfboards anyways haha.

Cheers everyone, hopefully see you guys in the playoffs!

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Podium, which was the defacto Canucks bar in downtown Victoria, has closed. Darcy's sprung up as a Flames bar as a way to counter-program the actual sports bar. Now I imagine Shark Club or Tally Ho (haven't been there yet) would be the best options in town.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Ugh, it's the reason I never go to Darcy's, all the Albert-bros go there.

But yeah there's no defacto Canucks bar in Victoria. Garricks is Sens, Smiths is Habs, Darcy's is Flames, no one is Oilers (no one wants to bankrupt their business).

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
Used to live in Victoria, was always disappointed in the Canucks support bar scene in comparison to smaller towns on the Island.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
I've travelled Alberta the last year and have only seen on out of place team bar in the province, the Mad Hatter in Lethbridge... Not Canuck bars so far, Canuck fans are in numbers though.
The Pig and Duke in downtown Calgary is a Canucks bar. Owner is a Canuck fan, and they have a club you can join called the Pig & Nuck club that gets you discounts on drinks on game days. Have to answer a Canucks trivia question to get in.

They also do prize giveaways for trips to Van to see the Canucks play and so on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad