OT: Darcy's Pub in Victoria is now a Flames bar

HavoK041

Apr 29, 2004
St. Albert, Alberta
I know I will be boycotting this bar, along with all the true Canucks fans I know. Unfortunately, it's a successful bar because of its location/size/live bands.

Anyone else as pissed off about this as I am? I wouldn't even mind as much if it was the Leafs/Habs/Oilers, but the Flames are our arch rivals. I feel like my city has been violated.

Dirkph

Mancrush = Malhotra
Mar 23, 2009
Victoria
I went to Darcy's for the first time ever a few weeks ago and I absolutely hated it. The band sucked and they were too loud!

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
I'm in Victoria... we just need a posse of Canuck fans to show up... but the most important thing is we need the Canucks to dominate the Flames... =\

HavoK041

Apr 29, 2004
St. Albert, Alberta
I went to Darcy's for the first time ever a few weeks ago and I absolutely hated it. The band sucked and they were too loud!

They have a cool cover band that plays on...thursday nights I believe. But the non-live music is consistently too loud. It's like they don't know the difference between a pub where people go to have drinks and socialize, and a dance club.

dhabums*

I think it's a nice to idea to reward Albertans smart enough to leave by giving them a place to gather.

Risiko

Apr 9, 2007
Victoria, BC
Anybody up for getting a bunch of us Victoria Canuck fans together and heading there to watch the game on Friday? Could be a lot of fun.

dhabums*

Actually, The Local, a pub just across the square from Darcy's has responded by becoming an Oilers bar. But I don't hate the oilers anymore, since they suck so much.

Vancouver has an Oiler bar; I don't think there is an Flames one though.

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
How exactly is it a Flames bar, do they only have Flames posters and jerseys?

Doesn't matter to me anyways, I'd rather watch the game at my place or my friends house and get hammered there.

Risiko

Apr 9, 2007
Victoria, BC
How exactly is it a Flames bar, do they only have Flames posters and jerseys?

Doesn't matter to me anyways, I'd rather watch the game at my place or my friends house and get hammered there.

It's advertised in the UVIC paper as 'Your home of the Calgary Flames.' They've got every Flames game ordered I think and will show all 82 over the year.

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
first day of the season i counted more flames jerseys on UVIC campus than canucks sweaters or any other team for that matter, and students like to drink.

There is clearly a market, and obviously you arnt their target audience. So no, im not unreasonably upset about nothing.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
I've travelled Alberta the last year and have only seen on out of place team bar in the province, the Mad Hatter in Lethbridge... Not Canuck bars so far, Canuck fans are in numbers though.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Sucked even before it became a Flames Watering Hole.

Its always way too loud in there for a pub.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad