OT: Coming to Pitt for the Finals

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Does anyone know if there is a bar likely to show the England Vs USA 'Soccer' game at 3pm Eastern on Wednesday?

Ack. Sorry this is too late for you, but if you want to watch soccer while you're here, go to Piper's Pub in the South Side.

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
Ack. Sorry this is too late for you, but if you want to watch soccer while you're here, go to Piper's Pub in the South Side.

Yeh i managed to find that on the net, i didn't go in the end, i had to search out a ticket for the game. Thanks anyway.

So how'd you like it?

What have you got to see so far in Pittsburgh?

It was awesome, just incredible, i never expected it to be quite so good. I haven't seen a lot, i had a walk around downtown yesterday, but i'll probably check out the museums in the next couple of days. For now though, i'll nurse the hangover and have a dip in the pool i think!

DockEllisExperience

Feb 1, 2007
Pittsburgh
Yeh i managed to find that on the net, i didn't go in the end, i had to search out a ticket for the game. Thanks anyway.

It was awesome, just incredible, i never expected it to be quite so good. I haven't seen a lot, i had a walk around downtown yesterday, but i'll probably check out the museums in the next couple of days. For now though, i'll nurse the hangover and have a dip in the pool i think!

Where did you end up staying?

What have you done so far besides going to the game?

cassius

Jul 23, 2004

You have to try Primantes - go there for dinner/lunch.

Walk around University of Pittsburgh / Oakland too - it's relatively close to downtown - that's where all the museums are at(5 min busride)

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
And yes, I love fatheads as well. Though if you went everyday you might get a coronary. The best things there are sooooo bad for you but so good. The homemade potato chips are amazing with a side of BBQ sauce.

Yeah, that's true.

But I figure our good British friend here could use some old-school Pittsburgh cooking. ;)

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
Sorry to keep bumping this, but i have to tell u guys that i managed to snag a ticket in A17 (row E) for $250 for game 3!!! Pretty much the best day ever!!

Lets Go Pens!

This is awesome! I was really hoping you'd find a ticket while you were here! I hope you had a great time!

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Sorry to keep bumping this, but i have to tell u guys that i managed to snag a ticket in A17 (row E) for $250 for game 3!!! Pretty much the best day ever!!

Lets Go Pens!

Awesome.

If I am there, I will send a beer over your way.

Glad to hear that you will be inside for the game, instead of outside.

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
Awesome.

If I am there, I will send a beer over your way.

Glad to hear that you will be inside for the game, instead of outside.

That was yesterday, i'm yet to get a ticket for Saturday but hopefully i'll snag one. I can't see myself getting one that good this time, certainly not at that price!!

Also, word of my plight has reached nhl.com and there is aparantly a reporter interested in doing a story on me! How good's that!? All that should be going down a couple of hours before gametime.

As for other stuff i've done so far, not much. I went to Pizza Milano's before and after the game with some guys i met, i should think i'll take in a couple of museums over the next few days, and get some of that primanti's down me too!

Leroux 66

May 22, 2007
primanti's is amazing, it is one of the big reasons why i hate living here in binghamton aside from the fact that i get non stop isles devils and rangers coverage shoved down my throat. Having my mom's entire family live in the burgh is a godsend

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
That was yesterday, i'm yet to get a ticket for Saturday but hopefully i'll snag one. I can't see myself getting one that good this time, certainly not at that price!!

Also, word of my plight has reached nhl.com and there is aparantly a reporter interested in doing a story on me! How good's that!? All that should be going down a couple of hours before gametime.

As for other stuff i've done so far, not much. I went to Pizza Milano's before and after the game with some guys i met, i should think i'll take in a couple of museums over the next few days, and get some of that primanti's down me too!

Ooops.

Wow, what a game you picked to go to. Let's hear your impressions of the game itself, the atmosphere, and the arena. I did not go, (sold my tickets) but that crowd was incredible.

Glad that you saw such a great game.

Sweet that you will be featured in an interview. Cool.

Leroux 66

May 22, 2007
i dont mean to hijack this thread, but does anybody know how the view is from section e18, row n

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
Ooops.

Wow, what a game you picked to go to. Let's hear your impressions of the game itself, the atmosphere, and the arena. I did not go, (sold my tickets) but that crowd was incredible.

Glad that you saw such a great game.

Sweet that you will be featured in an interview. Cool.

What can i say?! I was totally blown away by the whole spectacle.

It's all ever-so-slightly blurry for me as i had had quite a few 'shandys' before and during the game, but it was just amazing.

It's totally different to watching a game on TV, its much harder to understand and interpret players positioning etc which just makes me admire hockey players even more having seen an NHL game up close.

The atmosphere was even better than i had imagined, it really was nothing like anything i have ever experienced before, despite spending 7 years as a season ticket holder at Fulham in the EPL (granted, we didn't have much to shout about). This was just unreal, the place looked amazing with everyone dressed in white, waving towels, high fiving every hand in sight!

I'm pretty much addicted. I hope i can get a ticket in a similar area for Saturday, i cannot wait, i really can't!

nckd

Jun 16, 2004
NY
i dont mean to hijack this thread, but does anybody know how the view is from section e18, row n

Should be pretty good. I don't know if you'll see all the jumbotron from there, but you'll have a good view of the ice.

Leroux 66

May 22, 2007
thanks for the info, i usually sit in section a11 as that is where my aunt gets alot of tickets at her firm in pittsburgh, and the seats are always 1st or 2nd row from the glass, so i've never sat in another section really

nckd

Jun 16, 2004
NY
I've sat in a bunch of different sections, and I don't find E as good as B, but it's suprising how good the view is from up there. (Probably because it's kind of scary steep.)

(The one time I sat 2 rows back in A, I didn't like the seats -- you're really close to the action, but you can't see things as well.)

Leroux 66

May 22, 2007
(The one time I sat 2 rows back in A, I didn't like the seats -- you're really close to the action, but you can't see things as well.)

quite true, and you can't really see plays develop unless things are right in front of you, but being close to the glass and able to bang on it and heckle opposing players is awesome, and its also awesome to be near the pens when they score

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad