OT: Coming to Pitt for the Finals

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
Ok, so any recommendations for a good place to watch the road games?

I'm not planning on renting a car, hoping to stay within a bus ride of downtown.

I have never used uber, how much cheaper is it than cabs? The busses seem good value though?

Edit: it genuinely feels like only yesterday but it was 9 years ago I was first in the burgh. Love the city so much!

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Unlike most European cities, Pittsburgh public transportation is hot ******* on a tire fire. It's terrible.

A bus will easily take you to anywhere that is worth seeing for a tourist. DT, Oakland, North Shore, south side, Lawrenceville, Mt. Washington, Station Square, are all easily accessible by bus.

Many of those places you can even bike to.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Hey! Canadian Pens fan here. I was looking to make a trip to Pittsburgh to see a game live @ home in the Playoffs. I have the time to do it so I am thinking of Game 3 or Game 4. It has been a life dream of mine to do this. I had a ticket to G7 in Detroit in 2009 but my travel accommodations went haywire. Last year I was going to be splurging on a SCF ticket but I separated my shoulder again and also came down with a bad case of my kidneys and liver wanted to kill me. I gotta do it this year (though I just had a surgery 13 days ago to repair my shoulder... I have time off because of it and want to see a game)

Where is the best / most trust worthy place to get a ticket? I have anxiety issues and it would bug me until I got past any ushers if I wasn't sure on the authenticity of the ticket.

I usually prefer watching from afar as too close doesn't let me see the nuances of the game as much. Close enough to see the action and names, but far enough that I can see the entire ice. Seating recommendations? Looking for best bang for my buck seats.

Is there any groups going to the game that would not mind taking a Canadian with them? Would love to experience it with some die hard Pens fans.

If you have an extra ticket, we can talk about that, too.

My plan is pretty simple; fly in the morning of the game, check out some local sights and grab some food, go to the game, and then either a hotel for the night or just go back to the airport to wait for my flight home the next day.

Any thoughts or help? Is there a better place to ask this question?

I'd try the Pens website for tickets. You might want to also check out this thread about traveling to Pittsburgh, along with the mentions in this one.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
With school being out you might be able to pick up a place in Oakland on the cheap for a few weeks to a month. I'm sure there are lots of houses just sitting empty on/near campus right now. Maybe try contacting a rental agency and asking about a short term sublet (avoid Lobos as they're infamous locally for being complete ****). You can also try house sitting sites like housesitter.com or trustedhousesitter. You may end up having to care for a pet but it's worth it to stay somewhere for free. You can also try Craigslist and/or ask the Pittsburgh subreddit for advice.

The bus is cheaper than Uber but Uber is a decent option if it's late at night or if you don't want to deal with having cash/exact change. Don't bother with cabs, they're unreliable.

If you buy from the Pens Ticket Exchange you can be sure they're authentic.

Jordansg82

May 2, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Hi Guys,

Fellow Pens fan from Montreal. Hoping to fly in to be part of the playoffs. Haven't got a lot of spare cash so am looking to have the best time within my means. Going to see if i can get last min tix to the game as is on my bucket list.

If i don't manage to get tix, where is the best place to catch the games, bars etc... some people have been talking about a screen outside the arena? Im hoping to be there by tomorrow and stay for a couple of weeks.

If the pens get win tomorrow's game, what date do we think the next game will be? Just in terms of booking my flight home.

Thanks

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
There's a screen outside the arena before home games. You should be able to get tickets without a problem on the secondary market, though.

TimbitsHockey877*

Mar 21, 2016
Hi Guys,

Fellow Pens fan from Montreal. Hoping to fly in to be part of the playoffs. Haven't got a lot of spare cash so am looking to have the best time within my means. Going to see if i can get last min tix to the game as is on my bucket list.

If i don't manage to get tix, where is the best place to catch the games, bars etc... some people have been talking about a screen outside the arena? Im hoping to be there by tomorrow and stay for a couple of weeks.

If the pens get win tomorrow's game, what date do we think the next game will be? Just in terms of booking my flight home.

Thanks

If the Pens win tomorrow then it would depend on the other series. Friday the earliest. If they go 7, maybe Sun-Mon. You staying with someone for free or paying for lodging? Seems silly to pay for lodging for weeks and not be able to go to an actually game. Instead of waiting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad