Lindblom Oskar Lindblom Thread: 20-21 Masterton Trophy Winner (9/24/21 Scan - Cancer Free)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Boys I have just lost my father a couple hours ago andI really need someone I Don’t know from internet to tell me everything is gonna be ok
Sorry for your loss brother. My grandmom left us almost 5 years ago. You'll always miss him, but the grief evolves into fond memories, believe me. Unfortunately it takes time, and no one knows quite how long; it's different for everyone.

Everything will indeed be ok because you will make it to that point. I wish you the best and all the strength you need on your journey there.

Reactions: Adtar02 and renberg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Boys I have just lost my father a couple hours ago andI really need someone I Don’t know from internet to tell me everything is gonna be ok
So sorry for your loss.

It will get better, but it will also take time as everyone grieves differently.

I too lost my father and it was to cancer. It was 10 years ago this past May. Take all the time you need to deal wit it and reach out to friends, family, or any of us at any time. They and us will understand. And in time, it will get easier. Gone but never forgotten as he will always remain with you.

Reactions: Adtar02

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Sorry for your loss brother. My grandmom left us almost 5 years ago. You'll always miss him, but the grief evolves into fond memories, believe me. Unfortunately it takes time, and no one knows quite how long; it's different for everyone.

Everything will indeed be ok because you will make it to that point. I wish you the best and all the strength you need on your journey there.

I can concur with this @Broad Street Buddies.

My Grandfather departed 5 years ago. My Great-Grandmother 14 years ago now.

I was very close to both of them.

Had spent summers long working with my Grandfather... he was a funny old monster of a man who was still strong as an ox at 75 years old. Could carry more weight than I could until a few months before he died. Always in a good mood, always joking... still was when in hospital. A real "wheeler-dealer" who made friends with everyone... and for someone his age was one of the most "tolerant" people could imagine. He grew up in abject poverty and never judged anyone as a result. Though had a foul temper!

And I lived with my Great-Grandmother for a few years... we were close enough that when we went on family holidays on multiple occasions we would share a twin room to watch soccer together and talk bull-shit (funny, like a 13 year old kid and an 85 year old woman... but just got on so well).

It hurt a lot. But after a while when you think of them you just smile and remember the great memories... tell stories of them to friends and family... realise how they helped shape you as a person.

And they are always with you. I am not a spiritual person at all. But I still sometimes think about what they would say or do in a situation... know what they would think or say, know how they would laugh at me, chastise me, comfort me, be proud of me. They are still there forever in that regard.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I can concur with this @Broad Street Buddies.

My Grandfather departed 5 years ago. My Great-Grandmother 14 years ago now.

I was very close to both of them.

Had spent summers long working with my Grandfather... he was a funny old monster of a man who was still strong as an ox at 75 years old. Could carry more weight than I could until a few months before he died. Always in a good mood, always joking... still was when in hospital. A real "wheeler-dealer" who made friends with everyone... and for someone his age was one of the most "tolerant" people could imagine. He grew up in abject poverty and never judged anyone as a result. Though had a foul temper!

And I lived with my Great-Grandmother for a few years... we were close enough that when we went on family holidays on multiple occasions we would share a twin room to watch soccer together and talk bull-shit (funny, like a 13 year old kid and an 85 year old woman... but just got on so well).

It hurt a lot. But after a while when you think of them you just smile and remember the great memories... tell stories of them to friends and family... realise how they helped shape you as a person.

And they are always with you. I am not a spiritual person at all. But I still sometimes think about what they would say or do in a situation... know what they would think or say, know how they would laugh at me, chastise me, comfort me, be proud of me. They are still there forever in that regard.
I can hear Babs screaming about that bum Jake Arrieta every 5 days that's for sure

Reactions: Appleyard

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I had a father and a dad, they just weren't the same person. My mom left my father when i was one. I had visitations up to high school. Long story there, but I was raised by my dad, a stepfather from the time I was 4. He passed years ago, and i still miss him. BSB, just remember the best times, my. Condolences.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

I lost mine 8 years ago yesterday. It changes over time... better? I don't know about that. But you start to focus more on the good times, what you did together, what he taught you. It brings the pain back a bit, but also the happiness. You really remember to focus on the good, while in the time right after you can get caught up in the might have beens and the regrets. I've found that that's what time really did for me - it made the regrets smaller, and the good times bigger. Hopefully does for you, too.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

If you are dedicated to his memory, live the strongest and most positive life you can and think of him when times get tough. Secure comfort in your closest friends and family.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I lost my Dad a year ago in August. It was an awful thing to go through. I am sorry for your loss. With time, things will get better. I hope you have many great memories. They are what kept me going.

Reactions: Larry44

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I just watched the movie "The Last Full Measure" about a US Air Force Jump Rescue Medic who won the Medal of Honor posthumously for his actions saving 60 soldiers lives in a battle in Vietnam. The weird thing is his father was dying of Ewing Sarcoma while the guys who his son saved were trying to get his son the MOH before the dad died. Great movie. The only other time I have heard of the illness that Oscar is recovering from.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
My condolences on your loss. My dad died 6 years ago and I can you tell that, as much as it hurts, everything is going to be all right in time. All the love and lessons your dad gave you will always be with you, part of you. Live your life to honour him and make him proud. Hug the rest of your family for him.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
My condolences. I know I will feel the same bit of confusion when my father passes with his cancer. I am closer to my mom who is the nurturing influence and she has had two bouts with cancer as well but both times they caught it early enough. My father..not so lucky. Nevertheless, I empathize with your loss....

I don't know that time heals all....since a piece of you has gone with him but as people have noted just remember all the good times and make it a parable for your own life...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

giphy-1.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad