Lindblom Oskar Lindblom Thread: 20-21 Masterton Trophy Winner (9/24/21 Scan - Cancer Free)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
20191225_082900.jpg
20191225_082909.jpg

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I certainly respect Oskars privacy but I hope that he lets us know what bone is involved at some point. That wouldn’t necessarily change his prognosis of beating this thing but it would help us get a handle on his future.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Ugh

I do not like this man. So careless and lazy.

Over the last few games he has tweeted more wrong info than right. He is constantly tweeting the wrong goal scorer and score. It is a joke.

He should not be tweeting about Oskars treatment when he is that careless.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Over the last few games he has tweeted more wrong info than right. He is constantly tweeting the wrong goal scorer and score. It is a joke.

He should not be tweeting about Oskars treatment when he is that careless.
I get that people make mistakes, but his just seem lazy. The frequency of them and the fact that he’s literally a professional writer paid to cover this team just makes it ridiculous.

I mean... these aren’t even tweets being fired off rapidly in the middle of games while trying to keep up with the action. There’s no excuse.

Reactions: Adam Warlock

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
They've sold 5000 shirts and raised close to $200k for Hockey Fights Cancer. Pretty awesome for a 2 person operation.
https://www.biscuittees.com/mens
Kim Parent, Bernie's daughter and her business partner, Jodi Smith own biscuit tees. It is another example of the closeness of the Flyers community. Just a class thing for former Flyers people to get involved in this fight.
I ordered mine from them two weeks ago or so. They have been in contact with me three times telling me that it is on the way. They never believed that they would get the demand for them that they have; been a bit overwhelming. Kudos to them and also to all of the people buying the shirts in support of the project. It has to make Oskar feel a bit better to know the amount of support that is out there for him.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I ordered my family a set of shirts and there has been a small delay which the company has sent updated emails for. I guess they have gotten through half of the backed up orders - 2 person company.

Reactions: renberg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
C'mon, don't let his goofiness overshadow the cause he is supporting.
From my own perspective, these pictures should not be solemn as the hope is for life and health. A quote from "Remember the Titans"- "Coach, I am hurt. I ain't dead"
gary-hurt-aint-dead.jpg
Great movie for the win.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Contributions grow as Oskar Lindblom’s cancer treatment begins

Kim Parent, daughter of Hall of Fame goalie Bernie, and her business partner Jodi Smith have created #OskarStrong t-shirts. At first it was just a small order for the Flyers themselves and they figured they’d sell some as well with all proceeds going to the NHL’s nonprofit wing called Hockey Fights Cancer. They’re approaching $250,000 in money raised. Several NHL teams, including Wednesday's opponent the Washington Capitals, have requested shirts.

“What hit me too was when the NHL said that they’ve never had a donation of this magnitude from an outside vendor besides a team,” Parent said. “I was surprised. That kind of hit me.”

“That was one of those moments,” Smith added, “where we looked at each other kind of like, ‘What have we done here?’”

While Parent, of Cinnaminson, and Smith, of Somers Point, haven’t talked to Lindblom directly they have gotten his thoughts through Flyers equipment manager Derek Settlemeyre.

“Just that he’s blown away and the whole thing is awesome,” Smith said. “The amount of support that he has is amazing. There’s a lot of people rooting for him and supporting him for sure.”​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad