Post-Game Talk: Oshie vs Hitchcock

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
So let me see. Holtby ties the record, Ovie crushes and gets 50, and we smoke maybe the second best team record wise on the road when they are playing for a 1 seed. On top of that we are 5-2-3 in our
Worst 10 game stretch all season matching a legandary Habs team as never losing back to back in regulation. But to half this board the team sucks and has no shot out of the first.

The caps need to win the cup for the sake off the fans losing their grinch heart and being able to enjoy hockey again.

I feel it this year. Unlike the past years this team has the right tools, chemistry, and last year's 7th game OT to build off of. It's now or never, imo. Amazing regular season.

Go Caps!

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Ovi, hatty and 50. :handclap:
Holtbeast, ties the record. :handclap:
Good solid game against a good solid team. :handclap:
Nicky 50 assist season. :handclap:

It would be a perfect night, without Beagle's injury :cry: :cry: :cry:

Holtby and the team had a great chance to get him to #49 against NYI and PIT. And even I don't want to, I hope he'll get the start.
Or the best scenario. Grubauer start, the game go to SO, and then Holtby is in :laugh:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Honestly they have been playing pretty good hockey for a while. Their shooting percentage was in the toilet and they made a few brainfarts (Islanders and Penguins games are prime examples). But overall their possession has been good and Holtby has returned to form.

I'm excited to see this team in the playoffs.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Last night I was thinking Holtby needs to start vs Anaheim, but today I'm not so sure. It just seems like a perfect set-up for several typical Capitals traps. One is the complacency of feeling like something has been achieved. Add in the several days off, plus the potential for injury or a bad game, and it feels like a big risk for an individual record.

It might be better to just finish on the high note from last night, ice a soft team today, and go into the playoffs with a sense of unfinished business.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
The one reason I am for playing Holtby tonight, is that if he passes the record, he will have it cleared from his head come the playoffs and would be so motivated for more

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Holtby plays better with less rest, so I won't be upset if he's in today. Game one is still a long way off.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Last night I was thinking Holtby needs to start vs Anaheim, but today I'm not so sure. It just seems like a perfect set-up for several typical Capitals traps. One is the complacency of feeling like something has been achieved. Add in the several days off, plus the potential for injury or a bad game, and it feels like a big risk for an individual record.

It might be better to just finish on the high note from last night, ice a soft team today, and go into the playoffs with a sense of unfinished business.
I'm of mixed feelings on this one. Both sides are making good points re starting Holtby vs Ducks.

Consider that this isn't a minor individual record. You have to be a good-top goalie playing for a high end team to break such a record. Not a combination that occurs often.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'm of mixed feelings on this one. Both sides are making good points re starting Holtby vs Ducks.

Consider that this isn't a minor individual record. You have to be a good-top goalie playing for a high end team to break such a record. Not a combination that occurs often.

Yes, but at the same time how often have the Caps had a serious chance for a deep Cup run? In a few years, which would you rather point to as a Caps fan?

Ultimately I think Trotz will let the players decide.

Caps2Fan

Jan 6, 2014
With Grubauer having a few games that didn't go his way in his last few starts, I wouldn't mind him playing and building some confidence heading into the playoffs. Tying the record is still a pretty impressive achievement, moreso based on how many games it was done in.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Honestly they have been playing pretty good hockey for a while. Their shooting percentage was in the toilet and they made a few brainfarts (Islanders and Penguins games are prime examples). But overall their possession has been good and Holtby has returned to form.

I'm excited to see this team in the playoffs.

No they haven't. They played inspired hockey against the AVs and Blues lately but the there has been more games of uninspired and lazy hockey. Last night proves they can dominate when they decide to show up but the complaints about their play is 100% justified.

Don't think so, but not entirely sure

I had that same question. If the shoot out goals don't count the the ducks have one less goal against but if they do then the ducks have one more than the CAPS.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
No they haven't. They played inspired hockey against the AVs and Blues lately but the there has been more games of uninspired and lazy hockey. Last night proves they can dominate when they decide to show up but the complaints about their play is 100% justified.

Outcomes aside, they have played good lately and all the numbers back that up. PDO is down, CF% is highest its been since the beginning of the season.

http://www.naturalstattrick.com/teamtable.php?season=20152016&stype=2&sit=ev&score=all&gp=10

#doomandgloom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad