Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
No, this time no Jake Smith....but this time it's Mike McIvor and a team that is deeper and even tougher than the one Jake played on, and poses far more problems for Oshawa than Ottawa ever did.
Should be a fun series. They haven’t played each other since before the deadline. Interested to see how they match up now.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Sennecke just needs to grow into his body and fill out a bit more / put on some muscle but he's going to be a very good pro hockey player someday.
Greentree definitely has an advantage in that department.
I'd still take Sennecke just above Greentree personally as whoever drafts him going to have him on dietary plan to make sure he bulks up a bit.

Reactions: bobber

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
IMG_2105.jpeg

Huge congrats to Oster. No way we’re in the East final without his play this season.

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
Meanwhile Leaver had an .833 over 4 GAA in the Quebec league as an OA
It was 0.883 not 0.833 on what was the worst team in the league by seasons end. Apples and Oranges, not a Leaver fan and Oster was a good decision for Oshawa. Congrats to Oshawa on their success this season, keep it real!

Reactions: Whatanathol

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Sennecke has overtaken Greentree as the Top OHL Forward in the draft on a lot of recent list's i have seen.
Sennecke is very underrated. Going to be a huge breakout for next season I’m sure. Him and callum Ritchie will be top 5-10 all season long in points im sure with Ritchie making the WJC team and potentially Sennecke as a depth player.

Always have liked the two of them

Also pretty bad but I’m cheering for you guys against North Bay LOL

Hoping for an Oshawa and Saginaw final but we will see what happens.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Beautiful first 2 periods and amazing shutdown defence in the 3rd to take a 2-0 lead heading on the road.

Oshawa has not lost on the road in 66 days. can they keep the momentum going?

OshawaGens39

Dec 16, 2016
Oshawa
Awesome to see the barn completely packed yesterday. Over 6,000 in the building. The NB fan in full blown army gear made my night :) Salute to the flag during the anthem was so good :)

Hope Saginaw can get back in the series and make it a 7 gamer.

GO GENS GO!!!!!!

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Great game last night. Man that has got to be one of the best games the Generals played all season. Great goaltending from Oster, which was something that was sorely lacking in the series against Sudbury. I counted several examples of goals that would’ve went in on Sudbury, that were stopped by Oster.
The generals didn’t look anything like they did in the first round series, they really seem to have found their stride. Yes, the refereeing was inconsistent, but I thought the majority of the penalties that North Bay took were deserved. From speaking with the Peterborough Petes, former executive, I was told there was nowhere more vile in terms of chirping than in North Bay, and I don’t find it hard to believe. That’s my major gripe against the team, from the lady who told me to F off in the parking lot to the ass clown that was holding up a battalion sign while the wolves were trying to conduct an interview in game four. I’m kind of glad I didn’t notice it at the time because I’m sure I would’ve confronted him and I don’t need any physical altercations at my age that could result in charges although he was probably a p***y that would’ve back down the moment he saw me. There is nothing wrong with cheering your team in another teams building, but a little bit of class goes a long way. I never thought I’d say this, but go Generals go. A little piece of my soul will sing if you can win the series. Just try to get the split and you should be good.

Reactions: Zebra

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Oshawa maintains their streak on the road.
NB's discipline is their downfall as we saw tonight. Van Steensel likely facing suspension for that late hit on Lockhart.

obviously the biggest concern is Connor Punnett who went down very awkwardly and had his knee go in a position that it naturally shouldn't. We will see what cone of it but Punnett is likely done for at least this series.

Look for McConnell or Rodriguez to start in his place

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Oshawa maintains their streak on the road.
NB's discipline is their downfall as we saw tonight. Van Steensel likely facing suspension for that late hit on Lockhart.

obviously the biggest concern is Connor Punnett who went down very awkwardly and had his knee go in a position that it naturally shouldn't. We will see what cone of it but Punnett is likely done for at least this series.

Look for McConnell or Rodriguez to start in his place
North bay is very dirty and dive a lot.

Huge loss. Big part of the reason why you guys are where you are. Huge pickup at the deadline.

If you guys are up big in game 4 keep sennecke and ritchie off the ice as I’m sure arnsby will go head hunting

Hopefully for your guys case Saginaw can win game 4 so the series goes to atleast 6. That way I’m sure that’ll help you guys on the injury front.

Never thought I’d be cheering for the generals against anyone but the only 2 teams I hate more than you guys are North Bay and London lol. Would love a Oshawa and Saginaw finals.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad