Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 307081

I know there was talk of henderson, harrogate, ceci not coming back this season, is there any updates on those guys. I know for a fact that all three are at main camp today. I wouldnt be a huge fan of seeing herrogate or henderson take a spot over a young guy or guy like hewitson/ resnick but thats just me. As far as ceci goes, he played extremely well last season but you would have to think peccia was sick of sitting on the sideline and will be the backup this season.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I know there was talk of henderson, harrogate, ceci not coming back this season, is there any updates on those guys. I know for a fact that all three are at main camp today. I wouldnt be a huge fan of seeing herrogate or henderson take a spot over a young guy or guy like hewitson/ resnick but thats just me. As far as ceci goes, he played extremely well last season but you would have to think peccia was sick of sitting on the sideline and will be the backup this season.
I can see Commisso, Henderson, Harrogate as the 3 OAs for now and Ceci well could be traded or wavied thru the league ending up on a Quebec team

member 307081

What about allen, i could be wrong but I feel like they would keep him as one of the OA's . He can play a good defensive game and stands up for guys, especially with the owners son on the team I feel like they would want allen out there for protection.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
There's no way Harrogate is an OA for this team. Even if Brassard is going to stick in Utica, you gotta think itd be Commisso/Allen/Henderson to start the year and if Henderson doesn't start out hot then they'd upgrade on him

But the fact that Harrogate is in camp is good news because that means Hunt clearly thinks that he has trade value and can return something at least

member 307081

Roster is released, Franche is interesting decommitted from Merrimack, will be interesting to see how he plays, with addition of vallati it’s unlikely and unsigned dman make the team but you never know.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Brassard isn't listed because he's injured and can't take part in on-ice activities, which is good news. So OAs likely Brassard/Commisso/Allen or Henderson

D Matthieu Franche and F Carson Edwardson (Erie last year) are two very interesting invites

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
#Gens FA camp invitees:
-F Matt Ceolin '99 (Mississauga, OJHL last year)
-F Carson Edwardson '99 (Erie, OHL last year)
-D Max Sieberer '00 (LaSalle, GOJHL last year)
-F Justin Paul '00 (Georgetown, OJHL last year)

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
There's no way Harrogate is an OA for this team. Even if Brassard is going to stick in Utica, you gotta think itd be Commisso/Allen/Henderson to start the year and if Henderson doesn't start out hot then they'd upgrade on him

But the fact that Harrogate is in camp is good news because that means Hunt clearly thinks that he has trade value and can return something at least

Gave up a 4th and a conditional 7th for him (anyone know what the condition was?). If we can get any draft pick for him, ill be happy. He's a decent depth guy, so I could see a QMJHL team claim him if the Gennies are forced to let him go.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
#Gens FA camp invitees:
-F Matt Ceolin '99 (Mississauga, OJHL last year)
-F Carson Edwardson '99 (Erie, OHL last year)
-D Max Sieberer '00 (LaSalle, GOJHL last year)
-F Justin Paul '00 (Georgetown, OJHL last year)

Who's twitter did you get that from...? ;)

member 307081

I know the rest of training camp will tell a lot but who and if any free agents or non roster players as of now you think gens will invite for pre season games I’m think franche and maybe a goalie. I could possibly see gagnier just so he knows what it’s like, he’s got a good motor but not ohl ready yet.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I know the rest of training camp will tell a lot but who and if any free agents or non roster players as of now you think gens will invite for pre season games I’m think franche and maybe a goalie. I could possibly see gagnier just so he knows what it’s like, he’s got a good motor but not ohl ready yet.
If you look at my post 2 Or 3 above yours I've listed 5 that are FA's.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Like Barnett but what is he...5' 2"? Must grow 6-8 inches! Looks like a PeeWee out there. Fine hockey player, however!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

I could see Franche, Gagnier, Edwarson and Paul all getting invited to pre-season games

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Like Barnett but what is he...5' 2"? Must grow 6-8 inches! Looks like a PeeWee out there. Fine hockey player, however!
Don't know if Taylor will make the team but this kid can score which he was doing a lot last season with Barrie.
GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPG
'17-18 SeasonETAmnBarrie34191433
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Re: Taylor Barnett: Found him on the 2018 Gennies draft list...last selection...5' 3" 140 something! Wasn't far off in my guess. Doesn't look like he has grown much the last 5 months. Little Tasmanian Devil with some wolverine tossed in. I Like him but he'd be killed in the OHL... maybe next year?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Re: Taylor Barnett: Found him on the 2018 Gennies draft list...last selection...5' 3" 140 something! Wasn't far off in my guess. Doesn't look like he has grown much the last 5 months. Little Tasmanian Devil with some wolverine tossed in. I Like him but he'd be killed in the OHL... maybe next year?

He'll be a guy who lights up whatever league he's in. So tenacious and hard working. Led the rookie camp in scoring and then scores 2 yesterday in the last game

Reactions: GensBrandon

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
How I see the roster shaping up through training camp:

Forwards:
Locks are: Studnicka, Noel, McShane, Commisso, Antropov, Eggenberger, MacLean, Robinson, Tullio, Wong

Fighting for the final 2 spots: Henderson (OA), Hewitson, Resnick, Paul, Edwardson

Defence:
Locks are: Brassard (OA), Vallati, Gross, Brewer, Ennis, Allen (OA)

Others: Franche, Blacker, Rupoli

I'd have Hewitson and Paul as the last 2 Fs. Edwardson looks okay but he seems to be undisciplined and wasn't happy in Erie with a 4th line role so why would he be here where he'd play even less?
On D I don't see how Franche doesn't make the team, but does that mean Allen is the odd man out and you use the 3rd OA spot on a forward? Also Blacker will be fighting for minutes again this year, I wonder if he's used as trade bait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad