Oshawa Generals 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Love this trade. Where does our current D stand going into the season? Initially, Rupoli was likely the 7th guy, barring any stand outs in camp. Does this push him out or are we looking at another trade involving Rupoli, Blacker, or Allen?

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
I’m thinking it’s a good pick up from what I have read about him. The picks are high but if he ends up as good as seems to be advertised then it’s the cost of doing business.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Don't expect an offensive guy, but he does everything else well. Elite skater, great IQ and excellent against the tough matchups. Can play in all situations and isn't overly physical but won't back down. Very solid player bordering in elite.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Love this trade. Where does our current D stand going into the season? Initially, Rupoli was likely the 7th guy, barring any stand outs in camp. Does this push him out or are we looking at another trade involving Rupoli, Blacker, or Allen?

Ennis-Brassard(OA)
Brewer-Vallati
Gross-Allen(OA)
Rupoli-Blacker

If Blacker looks good early you could move Allen and get an OA forward to round out the lineup

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Ennis-Brassard(OA)
Brewer-Vallati
Gross-Allen(OA)
Rupoli-Blacker

If Blacker looks good early you could move Allen and get an OA forward to round out the lineup
I thought Vallati gleaned a lot of attention last year in the play offs from opposing teams checkers and got roughed up a few times. IMO it shows that other opposing coaches found him to have an effect on how well the Rangers played the game with him getting a lot of ice. Good move by the Gennies. I loved this kid's game and hate to see him moved. Must be more to it on the Ranger's end of things. On the Gennies side of things where do some thing they are as far as making a run this season or next?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I thought Vallati gleaned a lot of attention last year in the play offs from opposing teams checkers and got roughed up a few times. IMO it shows that other opposing coaches found him to have an effect on how well the Rangers played the game with him getting a lot of ice. Good move by the Gennies. I loved this kid's game and hate to see him moved. Must be more to it on the Ranger's end of things. On the Gennies side of things where do some thing they are as far as making a run this season or next?

The roster for this coming year looks really strong and then the next year a lot of elite offensive guys coming back and now 4-5 good D too. Will likely need to take a goalie in the Euro draft next year but that’d an easy get for a legit 2 year window to win

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I didn’t even have the Gens owning either 2nd they traded (apparently one was a Cirelli performance based conditional). I have them owning:

2019: OSH 1st, SBY 2nd, KGN 3rd, OSH 4th, OSH 7th, OSH 8th, OSH 11th, OSH 12th, OSH 13th, OSH 14th, OSH 15th

2020: OSH 1st, HAM 2nd, OSH 3rd(Brassard COND), OSH 6th, OSH 7th, NB 7th (Torchia COND), OSH 9th, OSH 10th, OSH 11th, OSH 12th, OSH 13th, OSH 14th, OSH 15th

2021: OSH 1st, KGN 2nd, OSH 4th, OSH 5th, OSH 6th, OSH 7th, OSH 8th, OSH 9th, OSH 10th, OSH 11th, OSH 12th, OSH 13th, OSH 14th, OSH 15th

2022: OSH 1st, OSH 2nd, HAM 2nd, ERIE 2nd, OSH 4th, OSH 5th, OSH 6th, OSH 7th, OSH 8th, OSH 9th, OSH 10th, OSH 11th, OSH 12th, OSH 13th, OSH 14th, OSH 15th

2023: OSH 1st, OSH 2nd, ERIE 2nd, OSH 4th, OSH 5th, OSH 6th, OSH 7th, OSH 8th, OSH 9th, OSH 10th, OSH 11th, OSH 12th, OSH 13th, OSH 14th, OSH 15th

2024: OSH 1st, OSH 2nd, OSH 3rd, WSR 3rd, OSH 4th, OSH 5th, OSH 6th, OSH 7th, OSH 8th, OSH 9th, OSH 10th, OSH 11th, OSH 12th, OSH 13th, OSH 14th, OSH 15th

2025: OSH 1st, OSH 2nd, OSH 3rd, OSH 4th, OSH 5th, OSH 6th, OSH 7th, OSH 8th, OSH 9th, OSH 10th, OSH 11th, OSH 12th, OSH 13th, OSH 14th, OSH 15th

So still 10 2nds over the next 7 drafts with not many holes in the lineup (maybe 1-2 F spots)

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I brought up what if Brett Murray left PSU and came here earlier in the off-season and someone brought up the Anthony Aquino rule and not being able to join OHL from NCAA as an OA, but it appears Murray is playing junior hockey next year.... I guess that could mean USHL?

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I brought up what if Brett Murray left PSU and came here earlier in the off-season and someone brought up the Anthony Aquino rule and not being able to join OHL from NCAA as an OA, but it appears Murray is playing junior hockey next year.... I guess that could mean USHL?

So an OA for Oshawa :sarcasm:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Gens announce the hiring of Paul Gibson as the new Goaltending Coach. Paul most recently attended the Toronto Maple Leafs Development Camp working with the team’s goaltending prospects. Welcome to Gens Nation, Paul!
DlDouBoUYAAEMD9.jpg

11:34 AM - 20 Aug 2018

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
So an OA for Oshawa :sarcasm:

You didn't read my post I guess. There's a rule hat you can't leave NCAA for OHL in you OA season, so no he won't be playing for Oshawa

Weird that Murray wouldn't have left PSU in the middle of last year so he could play in the O this year. Now he has to play CCHL or USHL

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Paul Gibson you say. Not much background on db.com...4 years at Ryerson, then what? Well, it's not rocket science! Welcome aboard, Paul!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Paul Gibson you say. Not much background on db.com...4 years at Ryerson, then what? Well, it's not rocket science! Welcome aboard, Paul!

At least he'll look like a genius his first year because Keyser is a stud...

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Giovanni Vallati was trade for personal reasons but the Kitchener newspaper didn't elaborate and it really doesn't matter I'm just glad he will man the Gens defense :thumbu:

Reactions: cub

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Here is a quote from the Kitchener paper that puts things in context: "...did not demand a trade and leaves on good terms."

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Allen, Brassard and Henderson are all at the Gens Futures camp this week.

Commisso also wasn't there last year, so hopefully this just means the Gens are going to trade Henderson and the OAs are Allen/Brassard/Commisso

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Bottom line...if you can't play on one of the top two lines, an overager should not be on the team. Henderson does not fit those parameters.

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016

Something interesting that I just saw was that Michael Campoli (98) just signed with the Saint John Sea Dogs after going from the USNTDP to Boston College, leaving school, playing last year in the BCHL, now playing in the Q. Does his single year of Canadian juniors now make him eligible? He's still joining the league as an overager...

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Something interesting that I just saw was that Michael Campoli (98) just signed with the Saint John Sea Dogs after going from the USNTDP to Boston College, leaving school, playing last year in the BCHL, now playing in the Q. Does his single year of Canadian juniors now make him eligible? He's still joining the league as an overager...

Yes that’s why he’s eligible. Just can’t go from NCAA right to CHL as an OA

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Generals Scrimmage day and times:
Tuesday August 28th 10:00 am - 12 pm and 3:45 pm - 5:45 pm
Wednesday August 29th 10:00 am - 12 pm and 3:45 pm - 5:45 pm
Thursday August 30th 10:45 am -12:45 pm

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Just checked out the gens preseason roster and Brassard isn't on it
I wouldn't read to much into it as a draft pick of Vancouver and an oa in the ohl he is not generals propriety as Vancouver has his rights and can place him wherever they want. I guess we will have to wait and see I do hope he and Allen return as OA's.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Just checked out the gens preseason roster and Brassard isn't on it

I'd guess that's because Brassard is trying out for Utica this year and if he doesn't make it, he'll be here. Good sign that he was at the Gens kids camp this week

member 307081

It will be interesting to see how Paputsakis plays at main camp, now with torchia traded I wonder if you will see pap signed. Also have my eyes on Ryan Gagnier, dawson mckinney who I think will be ready after playing this upcoming season with st catharines falcons, the progress of wong and brewer fromthere first season as well as rupoli, hewitson and resnick. I havent seen the camp roster yet but without seeing it these are the ones im watching. Of course tullion and robinson are on my radar as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad