Player Discussion Oscar Lindberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It all depends on the return. For instance, wouldn't you at least consider it for a premier RHD on a sweetheart of a contract?

If the return is good enough, sure. But that is not the reason behind people suggesting the trade. I see people wanting to trade Stepan just so we can protect Lindberg, or to get younger and how his 6.5m AAV is too much (Which it isn't)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Oscar has surprised me positive this year after the major injury blow and surgery.
He has been flying over the ice the last month - very impressed! :)
I hope AV will demote/promote Zucc to play with him some games - it would be so fun to watch and get some skills on that 4th line! :D

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Think I owe Oscar here an apology

He's been awesome for a while now.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Think I owe Oscar here an apology

He's been awesome for a while now.

I do too. I thought he was garbage earlier this year, but he's making me eat some crow. I never thought he'd recover this nicely from the hip injury

BroadwayHustle

Feb 27, 2012
I'm surprised no one bumped this before me, but he has been one of our better players for a long stretch here.

I think he has shown tremendous growth and some of the offensive upside we've been looking for. Definitely deserves more minutes

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I'm surprised no one bumped this before me, but he has been one of our better players for a long stretch here.

I think he has shown tremendous growth and some of the offensive upside we've been looking for. Definitely deserves more minutes
It's almost as if he had double hip surgery and some took time to recover.

Kovy274Hart

Jul 9, 2004
Shaolin
www.battleofny.com
I think it would be a big mistake to let Lindberg go. He plays the style suited for the playoffs. Strong on forecheck. Wins battles. Creates chances. Wins draws. Responsible defensively. I would consider moving Hayes this summer. I am not in love with him. He's shown me nothing this series. And they can't keep both Hayes and Zibanejad. They both are soft.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I think it would be a big mistake to let Lindberg go. He plays the style suited for the playoffs. Strong on forecheck. Wins battles. Creates chances. Wins draws. Responsible defensively. I would consider moving Hayes this summer. I am not in love with him. He's shown me nothing this series. And they can't keep both Hayes and Zibanejad. They both are soft.

I have my answer to that one. Guess what it is.:)

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Just posted this in the Post-Game thread. This is incredible if accurate. Not even one? Wow! :

qdNK7VT.png

RangerFan10

It all depends on the return. For instance, wouldn't you at least consider it for a premier RHD on a sweetheart of a contract?
I think you're just fixing one problem and creating another if that's the deal. There's no one else on the roster or in the pipeline or that I can think of as a realistic FA acquisition who should be a Top 6 Center for us.

I say it often when Stepan's name is mentioned as trade bait...for so long before we had Brassard we struggled to consistently have two good centers up the middle. Is it really the best solution to finding a d-man to play the right side?

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Lindberg, Fast and a rock would be one of the best 4th lines in the league.
If we can keep both of them, and put something with legs on the other wing, they're easily the best in the league.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
There were people who wanted to play Hrivik and Puempel ahead of him. No. This guy as a 4th line center--he's like a younger and bigger version of Dominic Moore with more of a goal scoring touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad