Player Discussion Oscar Lindberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You can give him a pass for the hip injury, but he seems much more like a 13th forward to me than anything. He'd probably play more regularly for a lot of NHL teams.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if you could update how Lindberg is doing, is he falling victim to AV's doghouse often? What's his ceiling looking like, etc?

Huge surgery set him back it looks like. Been hot garbage most of the year. He already isn't fast but since the surgery he has cement skates. Which is bad because his physicality and ability to win battles is his strength.

If he doesn't recover his speed by next year he's not an NHL'er imo

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
When he plays regularly looked good..when he spot starts he looks like crap...I dont get why your ever sit him for puempel tho....

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
he has been solid lately. i am starting to understand why the rangers have been so patient. he is pretty gritty too. just needs to eliminate the occasional dumb penalties.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
You have to remember this guy was the guy winning equivalent of the Conn Smythe in the SEL playoffs. He has offense, he has grit and he can play defense. That's probably why management wants to see him here.

He's a guy who's better in the playoffs. You want those kind of guys.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Could it be that the effects of hip injury, which troubled him a lot during the 2nd half last year even forcing him to miss some games, and the surgery this summer ( where he came back too fast and was way behind the other guys for 30 games or so and it showed) were just parentheses and this is the real Oscar Lindberg? Nah. Could not be... He sucks, is vanilla and should not play. Would be great to sign him on a cheap 3 year deal now before we find out. Unless McPhee know this too

Konamic Ice Hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Seattle
That goal he scored was pretty damn impressive yesterday.

Yea that was very nice, it looks to me that his skating is coming back. That hip surgery made his stride all stiff, seems to be loosening up. With a healthy team, a fourth line of Fast-Lindberg-Grabner will be the best in the league.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't think this is a reach--Oscar on a third line would be a 35-40 point guy. He's a good player. He was set back by injuries but he's got his game going again. He's been one of our better players recently. I much prefer him to Puempel, Pirri and Hrivik. Him and Fast are the real deal. They won't be stars but they always play hard and they're 200' responsible and dependable players with some offense. That's what you want from your bottom 6 forwards.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
isn't vegas gonna probably take him and make him their 3rd line or 4th line center?
If this is his final stretch with us i hope these last 2 weeks aren't a fluke and he continues his stellar play

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lindy is a good player. Solid bottom six guy. I'm glad we have him. He has more offense than what he has shown.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He's been better of late. I'm still not sure he's more than a 13th forward.

He has decent size. He's defensively responsible. He's not afraid to get hit or give a hit. He's a slightly above average face off guy. He has good hands and a good touch and some offensive skill. He has a history in the SEL and the AHL of better playoff production than regular season production and he was a very good producer at the AHL level--better than Hrivik or Jensen at the same age. Lindberg and Fast are two guys that Gernander really didn't **** up.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
All comes down to his skating. It's the difference between him being him being a good 4th liner and AHL'er.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
isn't vegas gonna probably take him and make him their 3rd line or 4th line center?
If this is his final stretch with us i hope these last 2 weeks aren't a fluke and he continues his stellar play

If Lindberg wound up being the guy Vegas took that would be a major win for us.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If Lindberg wound up being the guy Vegas took that would be a major win for us.

Fair point. I agree i still would rather keep Grabs over Lindberg. If Lindberg has a strong finish to the season i wouldn't be shocked if they did take him.

scratchhayes*

Mar 24, 2016
Losing Lindberg would not be a big win for us. Personally, I think it's a joke Lindberg is eligible. He hasn't play much in the NHL. I would strongly consider the Rangers dealing Stepan and protecting Lindberg. He's one of two centers on this team that actually wins faceoffs. I see him as a 55% guy on draws by next season.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Losing Lindberg would not be a big win for us. Personally, I think it's a joke Lindberg is eligible. He hasn't play much in the NHL. I would strongly consider the Rangers dealing Stepan and protecting Lindberg. He's one of two centers on this team that actually wins faceoffs. I see him as a 55% guy on draws by next season.

This is the worst take i've ever seen on this forum, and there has been some bad ones.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Oh my god. Trading Stepan so we can protect Lindberg? Hahahaha. Stepan is still our best forward. Just a few more months before his NTC starts and we are done with this BS

Jan 8, 2012
NY

Lol let's trade Stepan so we can win ten more faceoffs next year. OK.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
It's Fast likely . If Nash is dealt then protect Fast and it's Lindberg

Won't be 1 year of Grabner or Klein or Holden

I definitely think Vegas takes Grabner over Fast/Lindberg. Grabners trade value after a 30 goal season is higher then Fasts value to their team as a player imo.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I definitely think Vegas takes Grabner over Fast/Lindberg. Grabners trade value after a 30 goal season is higher then Fasts value to their team as a player imo.

I get it but Grabner is not going to be this good next year . I will take many years of Fast over 1 year of Grabner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad