Recalled/Assigned: Oscar Lindberg

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
If he becomes a staple on the 4thline we basically only need to trade for a depth pickup using a 6th rounder...

I never thought we'd see 3 rookies on the roster. Damn. Let's go.

I am crossing my fingers sather has a plan to send Glass away. We're hurting our deadline-banked cap space big time with this call up.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree, but he only has a few games to do that. I'm not sure if its enough time to convince Slats and AV that no move is needed.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Lindberg is about as seasoned as you can get for a rookie.

As others have said, I'm expecting unspectacular, vanilla, solid hockey. Which is exactly what AV likes to see from young players.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Even Fast is flashier.

Lindberg isn't flashy.

But he has a real quick mind and hands, and can definitely thread a pass here and there or find the net if he gets an opening. In terms of stickhandling, I would compare him to Dom Moore. Like, you don't see it that often but all of a sudden he undress a defensemen.

Lindberg projects a bottom 6 forward, but he has some potential too because just like say Stepan he got that smarts and real quick mind.

Kind of like say a Jonathan Toews, I've several times see him step up and win 1 on 1 battles in match-ups and really play his best when it matters the most too.

On the other side of the spectra he has some challenges in NA, especially related to his intensity in his skating that is much better suited for the European game than the NA game. I don't think its like shocking if he busts. But I am fairly optimistic, but he needs some luck too.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I'm a huge fan of "vanilla hockey." Fast and Lindberg are going to be very good bottom six guys for the Rangers once they've solidified their spots in the lineup.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Lindberg isn't flashy.

But he has a real quick mind and hands, and can definitely thread a pass here and there or find the net if he gets an opening. In terms of stickhandling, I would compare him to Dom Moore. Like, you don't see it that often but all of a sudden he undress a defensemen.

Lindberg projects a bottom 6 forward, but he has some potential too because just like say Stepan he got that smarts and real quick mind.

Kind of like say a Jonathan Toews, I've several times see him step up and win 1 on 1 battles in match-ups and really play his best when it matters the most too.

On the other side of the spectra he has some challenges in NA, especially related to his intensity in his skating that is much better suited for the European game than the NA game. I don't think its like shocking if he busts. But I am fairly optimistic, but he needs some luck too.

This is spot on and really the one thing that gives me some pause when looking at Lindberg as a full time NHL'er.

Hes got his shot now and I really hope that he runs with it. Of course if he plays well I'm sure AV will find a way to keep Glass in the lineup even when Fast comes back but thats for another thread :laugh:

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Could be that too, but I was thinking they wanna see what they have before trading for someone.

Yup...that was what I was also thinking . Hope he can win every draw LOL...I know , almost impossible for a rookie .:) Big game tonight...pretty well everybody said we were lucky to beat them them the last time . Time to show them what we are made of .5-2 Rangers !

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
I have a lot of hype with him and been waiting for so long for his debut. I'm hoping something similar to Riley Sheahan's case, a guy that proved that he had more offense in his game than what all the people thought, and did it at the NHL level. Oscar has also been a playoff clutch in Sweden and has a decent production in the AHL.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Similar to a Marcus Krueger type, yes?

Very. Even Dom Moore is a good comparision. Shifty skater, smart smart player, doesn't make mistakes. Is quick and fast, but not big or skilled enough to generate chance after chance from the slot.

He won't hurt you out there. Can't say if the offense will translate to NHL speeds, and if it does, it will be a pop gun offense.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Lindberg isn't flashy.

In general, I would agree with you. But this is his first ever NHL game, so he'll be extra-careful. Look at how careful Fast was in his first few games. I expect Lindberg to be no more than Fast in his first few games.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Aside from when we first acquired him, I don't think I've heard a single thing about his face off prowess.

I'm afraid this might have gone the way of Brady Skjei's slapshot and Mikhail Pashnin's draft stock.

He had 56.9% (58.45% in the playoffs) FO wins in his last SHL season, which was also during the lockout so includes some NHL opposition. Sadly the AHL doesn't track faceoffs, so we don't know how good he is now, but he has excelled at them at any other level before, so we can hope.

In preseason he beat Crosby & Toews in the faceoff dot, I'm not worried.

In general, I would agree with you. But this is his first ever NHL game, so he'll be extra-careful. Look at how careful Fast was in his first few games. I expect Lindberg to be no more than Fast in his first few games.

But Lindberg's a Center, the play will come to him more often and he'll have to perform.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad