Recalled/Assigned: Oscar Lindberg

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I'll share this again here - translation of the Swedish tweet

translated by Google Translate:
"Oscar Lindberg named by the New York Rangers . Finally , the NHL chance for the world champion ." 8^)

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Don't expect magic. Expect unspectacular, often unnoticeable competence.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
FWIW, there might be nobody with the flu and a trade on the horizon. We'll see.

I don't think so, AV has no reason to lie and say that a few guys may be sick. There are other ways to dance around the issue if that were the case.

If there was a trade, that would mean that a roster body is getting moved. Unless that body is Glass that means the Rangers would likely be making a very dumb move.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
btw, in last 5 years, only NYR draft picks higher than OL's 52 were Skjei, JT, Mcilrath and Christian Thomas

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/oscar_lindberg/

Talent Analysis
Lindberg has an excellent work ethic and plays well in all zones. A true center, with very good on-ice awareness, Lindberg has good playmaking abilities, and tends to step up play in big games.

Future
Lindberg is a potential third-line player with good offensive upside.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
"btw, in last 5 years, only NYR draft picks higher than OL's 52 were Skjei, JT, Mcilrath and Christian Thomas"

Definitely implied it.

whatever...
I wasn't meaning to imply it,
i know damn well we got him for Werek
besides, the folks here all know who we've drafted

just wanted to add context, relative to all the guys drafted recently, 53 to ~110, whose #'s are already being retired:sarcasm:

this is a quality prospect, champion and MVP of Swedish playoffs, proven under fire

i hope he's here through June
(NOT implying i want him gone after that)

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
"Only NYR Draft picks..."

"btw, in last 5 years, only NYR draft picks higher than OL's 52 were Skjei, JT, Mcilrath and Christian Thomas"

Definitely implied it.

Not at all, he's saying the only players WE'VE drafted that were higher than Lindberg were X, Y and Z. The same sentence construction could be used about any player in the league.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR have recalled forward Oscar Lindberg from the @WolfPackAHL. In 54GP Lindberg has 16-20-36 and is a +5.”

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
“@NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR have recalled forward Oscar Lindberg from the @WolfPackAHL. In 54GP Lindberg has 16-20-36 and is a +5.â€

Man, those guys in the OP were miles ahead of this.

None of our beat writers have even sniffed it.

Still not on the AHL Transactions page which is shocking to me. That thing is usually the #1 to break a call up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad