Recalled/Assigned: Oscar Lindberg

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
He didn't get a ton of time (8:18 I believe), but I think he did well enough with the time he had. One or two nice opportunities, picked up his defensive play. Nice sighting.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
They are that tight in the cap? Up then down then if anyone's sick back up on games at maybe

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR have reassigned Oscar Lindberg to the @WolfPackAHL.”

That was quick...lol

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Joking? Fast is an incredibly useful bottom six player already, as a rookie.

No, no 2k2 that guy hates Fast. Makes me disregard all of his posts because he has no logic behind the hate.

Lindberg was calm, cool, and collect. Nothing flashy. Exactly what I expected. He came up, filled a role, and did his job.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
“@NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR have reassigned Oscar Lindberg to the @WolfPackAHL.â€

That was quick...lol

Conspiracy time!

Lindberg was being showcased for a trade on Monday and the Nash "sleeping wrong" excuse was just to get someone out of the line-up for a game. Sure they could have picked someone other than their top offensive player, but maybe they thought Nash needed a rest for a game.

Lindberg was acquired from Arizona, is it possible that with Arizona needing to rebuild/retool they could be looking to reacquire him from the Rangers? There are some pieces in Arizona the Rangers could use for their 'Cup run.

99% chance this is completely wrong, but who doesn't love some good HFBoards speculation?

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
No, no 2k2 that guy hates Fast. Makes me disregard all of his posts because he has no logic behind the hate.

Lindberg was calm, cool, and collect. Nothing flashy. Exactly what I expected. He came up, filled a role, and did his job.

I put him on ignore simply because his analysis on Fast is "he sucks", than he watches a different hockey game than I do. Frankly, if that's his true opinion, it's a person that isn't even worth listening to by accident, that's beyond horrible analysis.

As far as Lindberg, he's the exact type of player that's going to need 10-15 games to adjust to the speed and skill before he will begin to make a difference. So without the requisite adjustment period analyzing his play would be an exercise in futility. That said, he was exactly like you said.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Played a solid game and looked to be getting better as the night went on. If the Rangers weren't in a cap crunch, I'm sure he would have stuck around.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Played a solid game and looked to be getting better as the night went on. If the Rangers weren't in a cap crunch, I'm sure he would have stuck around.

With a lot of guys rumored to have the flu it wouldnt surprise me if he was still with the team at the moment even though the transaction was done.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I liked the game he played. Dom Moore lookalike. Seemed to be in good position and got some shots on net.

And LOL at Fast sucks.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Conspiracy time!

Lindberg was being showcased for a trade on Monday and the Nash "sleeping wrong" excuse was just to get someone out of the line-up for a game. Sure they could have picked someone other than their top offensive player, but maybe they thought Nash needed a rest for a game.

Lindberg was acquired from Arizona, is it possible that with Arizona needing to rebuild/retool they could be looking to reacquire him from the Rangers? There are some pieces in Arizona the Rangers could use for their 'Cup run.

99% chance this is completely wrong, but who doesn't love some good HFBoards speculation?

It's not like teams haven't done this in the past.

14 scounts in attendance last night, the Rangers knew they were coming, the TD is 6 days away.

Could have called up a winger to replace the winger that was out last night, instead they call up a center?

My shiny tinfoil hat is on.

When the news broke that he was being called up, I immediately thought show-case.

We'll see what happend in the next 6 days.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Looked good. Solid, went to the net. I didn't really see any nerves. He was poised with the puck and fit right in.

He also won some faceoffs.

Would love to see him get another few games and if he could stabilize that bottom six.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I don't see the conspiracy/showcasing idea at ALL. The team is in the hunt for home court advantage throughout the playoffs. The starting goalie is already out. No way they sit their best offensive player against a team that is scratching and clawing for the POs themselves.

I haven't watched all that many Pack games this year, but based on what I have seen and his recent performances, Lindberg is far and away the best forward on the Pack. Easily the most logical callup for any forward injury. Honestly, the only real person for whom he was showcased last night was AV - proving that he can rely on him not unlike Fast.

That said, the fact that there did happen to be 16 scouts there may mean that Oscar has gone up in demand around the league. The kid played extremely well in his role.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Looked pretty solid all things considered.

He was pretty quiet, which isn't a bad thing in your first NHL game. He looked a bit stronger than when I saw him in the preseason.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I doubt that they kept out Nash of all players in a game where they could take the Isles for first so that they could showcase a guy who's ceiling is bottom 6 center and likely wouldn't return more than a late pick.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I doubt that they kept out Nash of all players in a game where they could take the Isles for first so that they could showcase a guy who's ceiling is bottom 6 center and likely wouldn't return more than a late pick.

Why do you think the Rangers would be trading him alone, and for only a pick? They would not trade him if whatever was coming back did not help shore up the roster for the stretch and playoffs. You do realize you can include multiple assets in a trade, right?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Why do you think the Rangers would be trading him alone, and for only a pick? They would not trade him if whatever was coming back did not help shore up the roster for the stretch and playoffs. You do realize you can include multiple assets in a trade, right?

No, thanks. I somehow failed to recognize that during years and years of being an NHL fan.

The point is his value is small, whether alone or as part of a deal. I doubt that the team thought it was worth showcasing him at the expense of getting 2 huge points.

Could have scratched literally anybody else. Nash runs the offense most nights.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Kind of neutral yesterday. Did some work around the Flames net, which was good. When the game grew late there wasn't really a chance to play him.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Either trade this guy or make some room for him, he looks like he is ready for NHL action now.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Didn't hurt the team, played mistake free hockey, threw a few hits and did his job. Didn't get much ice time but was solid.

Have more solid minutes than Glass and stemp.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I don't see the conspiracy/showcasing idea at ALL. The team is in the hunt for home court advantage throughout the playoffs. The starting goalie is already out. No way they sit their best offensive player against a team that is scratching and clawing for the POs themselves.

I haven't watched all that many Pack games this year, but based on what I have seen and his recent performances, Lindberg is far and away the best forward on the Pack. Easily the most logical callup for any forward injury. Honestly, the only real person for whom he was showcased last night was AV - proving that he can rely on him not unlike Fast.

That said, the fact that there did happen to be 16 scouts there may mean that Oscar has gone up in demand around the league. The kid played extremely well in his role.

:handclap: Couldn't have said it better myself (of course). :nod:

We saw a little of everything last night--Lindberg looked solid, especially the third period. Hayes looked very comfortable at right wing and clicked immediately with Zucc and Brassard. It gives the team some more flexiblity this season and down the road.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Either trade this guy or make some room for him, he looks like he is ready for NHL action now.

There really isn't room for Lindberg right now--unless AV wants Hayes to continue playing RW, unless something happens at the trade deadline which doesn't involve trading for a forward.

Lindberg has pretty much been the best forward for Hartford, he deserved a look/see. Come training camp, getting a real game in might help too. AV trusted what he saw enough to have him out there for several shifts in a 1-0 game.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
That was a perfectly fine cameo by Lindberg. I remember somebody here n this board talking about him when I voiced a wish for homegrown 4th liners and he said Oscar will be up some day. Forget who it was but obviously somebody who knows his game and has watched him in Hartford, unlike myself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad