Oscar Klefbom vs Tyson Barrie

Who is better?

• Total voters

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Barrie is the definition of a rover. Plays D but sacrifices defense for offense regularly.
Yep he does and it works out beautifully because he’s so damn good at it. There’s a reason he’s on pace for 70 points for the second consecutive season and has the highest CF% on the team even above Mackinnon. It’s because those offensive pushes from TB lead to good things.

He’s an elite offensive defenseman who forces the play to the good side of the ice. He may not be able to ram his forearm into the back of a player in front of the net as well as Klefbom but he makes a whole hell lot of a better impact on the game of hockey than Klefbom does.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I remember some Oilers’ fans saying Klefbom is a #1 dman. It was funny then and it’s funny now.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Klefbom is a more complete player but it’s Barrie. Can’t deny the offensive production.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'm not a huge Klefbom fan, but in this matchup...i'd take him pretty easily. Gimme the bigger, more well-rounded guy over the smaller more specialized guy on defence. Especially since it looks like the Canucks future on defence is going to be a tiny offensive guy like Quin Hughes.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm not a huge Klefbom fan, but in this matchup...i'd take him pretty easily. Gimme the bigger, more well-rounded guy over the smaller more specialized guy on defence. Especially since it looks like the Canucks future on defence is going to be a tiny offensive guy like Quin Hughes.

The question isn't about who fits your team better. The question is simply who is the better player.

Barrie is the correct answer.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Barrie AINEC. Klefbom had like 1 good year a long time ago.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
As someone who has watched both a lot, give me Klefbom, especially when you consider their contracts. But no slight to Barrie with that, his offense the last season and a half has really reached a new level.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If I'm not considering Klefbom's injury history it's easily Klefbom.
Take a look at Edmonton's record with him in the line-up and the numbers he puts up when our coaches' heads aren't put their respective arses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad