Orr-Bieksa vs. Lidstrom-Karlsson

Which top pairing would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Orr is the best blueliner in history and by quite an obvious margin over the second best defender on this list (Lidstrom, a top 4-6 defender of all time). But would he be able to dominate today's game to the extent that it would make up the difference between Karlsson (a top 3-5 player in the NHL in his prime) and Bieksa (a solid #2/3D on a contender in his prime). I'm not so sure.

Voted Lidstrom/Karlsson, as there's less guessing there.

Lidstrom is definitely closer to number 2 all time than he is to 6. Yeah Orr is obviously better, but Karlsson at his best was disgusting. This really wasnt a tough choice for me to go Lidstrom/Karlsson

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Lidstrom is definitely closer to number 2 all time than he is to 6. Yeah Orr is obviously better, but Karlsson at his best was disgusting. This really wasnt a tough choice for me to go Lidstrom/Karlsson
It's a toss-up after #1 and there's an argument that Lidstrom could be as high as #2 (although, personally, I don't see it) or as low as #6, after Orr, Bourque, Harvey, Shore, and Potvin. Guys like Kelly and Fetisov are in the conversation, as well. Lidstrom was great but he doesn't stand out as clearly better than any of those guys.

Reactions: tarheelhockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad