Orpik's role

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Yeah no. Orlov on his game plays mediocre at best Defense....and has Great offense. Mike Green anyone? ;)

Orpik is a shutdown impact Defender 'on his game'.

We'll just agree to disagree on how fantastic Orlov is. I patiently await for his defensive game to improve this season.

Whatever, we have both players and I'm just hoping we always have at least one of the two playing correctly in any given game.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Yeah no. Orlov on his game plays mediocre at best Defense....and has Great offense. Mike Green anyone? ;)

Orpik is a shutdown impact Defender 'on his game'.

We'll just agree to disagree on how fantastic Orlov is. I patiently await for his defensive game to improve this season.

If that's Orpik's game then Orpik hasn't been 'on his game' in over half a decade. He's Orlov without the offense and with more dirty and stupid plays. His "defense" consists of him pushing opposing forwards into Holtby after getting burned by them for a goal and taking bad penalties. It's like watching a slightly more mobile Erskine play.

His "impact" this year was being the top culprit in the humiliating playoff exit of the best Caps team in history.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If that's Orpik's game then Orpik hasn't been 'on his game' in over half a decade. He's Orlov without the offense and with more dirty and stupid plays. His "defense" consists of him pushing opposing forwards into Holtby after getting burned by them for a goal and taking bad penalties. It's like watching a slightly more mobile Erskine play.

His "impact" this year was being the top culprit in the humiliating playoff exit of the best Caps team in history.

He was on his game only a year ago, before last season when he suffered significant injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad