THW Rank
ESPN
Bleacher
Buffalo1 1620 11 *
Vancouver2 87 9 *
Carolina3 83 15 6
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*Not ranked (only top 10 was ranked)

If you post your team's top 5, I will include it in this post and in all of the next threads...

Anaheim - Steel, Terry, Larsson, Mahura, Comtois

Arizona - Hayton, Merkley, Joseph, Capobianco, Dineen

Chicago - Adam Boqvist, Henri Jokiharju, Dylan Sikura, Ian Mitchell, Jake Wise

Colorado - Makar, Kaut, Timmins, Bowers, Meloche

Columbus - Abramov, Foudy, Merzlikins, Texier, Gavrikov

Detroit - Zadina, Rasmussen, Hronek, Veleno, Cholowski

Edmonton - Bouchard, Yamamoto, Bear, Benson, Mcleod

Los Angeles - Gabriel Vilardi, Kale Clague, Cal Petersen, Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Rasmus Kupari

Montreal - Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Juulsen, Ylonen, Brook

New Jersey - Smith, McLeod, Anderson, Boqvist, Quenneville

New York Islanders - Oliver Wahlstrom, Noah Dobson, Ilya Sorokin, Kieffer Bellows, Wilde

New York Rangers - Shestyorkin, Chytil, Andersson, Kravtsov, Howden

Ottawa - Brady Tkachuk, Logan Brown, Colin White, Drake Batherson, Alex Formenton

Philadelphia - Farabee, Myers, Frost, Hart, O’Brien

Pittsburgh - Daniel Sprong, Jordy Bellerive, Calen Addison, Filip Hallander, Teddy Blueger

St. Louis - Thomas, Kyrou, Husso, Kostin, Bokk

Tampa Bay - Cal Foote, Anthony Cirelli, Boris Katchouk, Alex Volkov, Taylor Raddysh

Toronto - Timothy Liljegren, Andreas Johnsson, Rasmus Sandin, Carl Grundstrom, Sean Durzi

Washington - Samsonov, Alexeyev, Lucas Johansen, Axel Jonsson-Fjallby, Gersich

Winnipeg - Kristian Vesalainen, Sami Niku, Mason Appleton, Dylan Samberg, David Gustafsson

Vegas - Glass, Suzuki, Brannstrom, Hague, Mozorov

Last edited:

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Carolina ran away with the last poll, holding above 75% of the vote, with no other team breaching 20%.

#4 should be a little closer.

Note - Vancouver fans, please don't bother commenting if you are just looking to harass me. We all get it - it made you unhappy that the thread wasn't closed when you wanted it to be. Congratulations, now please move on if you have nothing to offer.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
the 2018 draft could be huge for the islanders - without Dobson and Wahlstrom (and Wilde, Ishk and Skarek) the islanders would be much lower

as it is, I think it should be Philly then the islanders. Sorry ranger fans you can call me a homer but I think that the islander pool is slightly better. I do think Kravstov was a good pick tho despite what some of the experts said about him being taken too early

Reactions: Critical91

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I really see no reasons to go for NYI over NYR here. Dobson and Wahlstrom are nice, but Kravtsov, Chytil and Andersson are nicer and the Rangers have more depth.

Im leaning towards Colorado here.

Makar, Timmins, Bowers, Kaut is the best top four left I believe, close with LA

Reactions: dwright5314

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Jets have lotsa depth still and a bunch of ushl guys that will probably surprise. Picks from 2015 are maturing nicely Like Appleton and Niku.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I believe he needs to be replaced anyways.
??? Not sure I understand. I think it's a toss up between he and O'Brien. But Lindblom had the great SHL season against men whereas O'Brien's competition has been way lower.

Crazy that the #19 pick in this past draft might not be a top 5 pick in Philly yet Wilde picked at #41 is in NYI top 5.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Due to not being Calder eligible. I will switch to O’Brien.
Lindblom is eligible. The cutoff is 25 regular season games...he played 23.

"To be eligible for the award, a player cannot have played any more than 25 regular season games previously in any single season, nor have played in more than six regular season games in each of two separate preceding seasons in any major professional league"

Now is he better than O'Brien, that's up for debate.

Last edited:
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Lindblom is eligible. The cutoff is 25 regular season games...he played 23.

"To be eligible for the award, a player cannot have played any more than 25 regular season games previously in any single season, nor have played in more than six regular season games in each of two separate preceding seasons in any major professional league"

Now is he better than O'Brien, that's up for debate.

Oh ya, I was basing that comment off something a Flyers fan posted in the #2 poll, but now that I reread it he said he was eligible but that he thought other players should be there.

Reactions: Tripod

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The Jackets prospect pool has zero blue chippers, but good depth. The top kids are already in the NHL.

Here's a top 5:

Abramov
Foudy
Merzlikins
Texier
Gavrikov

I think they'll be about the 15th or 20th best prospect pool.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I see the arguments for multiple teams.

I think the Rangers would take this if you were looking at prospects 6-10 in each organization as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad