Organizational Prospect Rankings 2018: #17

Who is #17

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
CHL MVP in ABB, good 20/21 year old AHL rookies at all positions in Volkov Joseph stephens cernak ingram, junior standouts in Katchouk and Raddysh, and a strong draft including Fortier and Salda. Foote and sosunov as good junior guys on defense. Our defense and goalie pools are below average but our forward pool is really good.
None of things listed here is particularly special, though, apart from the sheer depth. ABB was an overager in a high-scoring league, he wasn't even drafted and just signed as a free agent months ago, he's not suddenly an impact prospect, at least not yet. Volkov, Foote, etc are good pieces but they are closer right now to being depth NHL players than impact top-role guys. The depth is great, but is made up of middling prospects, albeit it legit NHL prospects.

The lack of top-end prospects hurts Tampa Bay's prospect pool (understandable due to their success), which is why they're probably near the bottom. Tons of pools can list guys similar to who you've listed (who are likely projected to be role players), but few organisations have the likes of Kaprizov, Tolvanen, Boqvist, Tkachuk... all who deservedly boost those teams significantly above Tampa Bay.

I would much rather Arizona who has Strome and Merkley, Minnesota who has Kaprizov, Kunin, Greenway, or Edmonton with Bouchard and Yamamoto, all of who are much better than anyone in Tampa's system, the way I see it.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
As an Oilers fan Maksimov has a much higher upside than Benson. Surprised people think Chicago has a better prospect pool they are pretty trash.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
None of things listed here is particularly special, though, apart from the sheer depth. ABB was an overager in a high-scoring league, he wasn't even drafted and just signed as a free agent months ago, he's not suddenly an impact prospect, at least not yet. Volkov, Foote, etc are good pieces but they are closer right now to being depth NHL players than impact top-role guys. The depth is great, but is made up of middling prospects, albeit it legit NHL prospects.

The lack of top-end prospects hurts Tampa Bay's prospect pool (understandable due to their success), which is why they're probably near the bottom. Tons of pools can list guys similar to who you've listed (who are likely projected to be role players), but few organisations have the likes of Kaprizov, Tolvanen, Boqvist, Tkachuk... all who deservedly boost those teams significantly above Tampa Bay.

I would much rather Arizona who has Strome and Merkley, Minnesota who has Kaprizov, Kunin, Greenway, or Edmonton with Bouchard and Yamamoto, all of who are much better than anyone in Tampa's system, the way I see it.
I don’t see how Strome Merkley Kunin Greenway and Yamamoto are really ahead of Foote. Maybe the last two.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Arizona for me, quite handily, should have went a lot earlier. Not amazing but they still have Strome, POJ, Hayton as their top prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad