Organizational Moves (Front Office & Scouting)

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Draper is a good hire I think, but I'm not celebrating either. I've always liked his comments on players and he comes across as intelligent and knowledgeable. I always preferred the things he has to say compared to Wright. I think he values better qualities than Wright. Still he has no track record to point to so until he's run a draft or two we really won't know. Furthermore I would have also liked Stevie bringing in a new voice from outside the organization. From his days as a player you know there's no one more dedicated than Drapes

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Draper is a good hire I think, but I'm not celebrating either. I've always liked his comments on players and he comes across as intelligent and knowledgeable. I always preferred the things he has to say compared to Wright. I think he values better qualities than Wright. Still he has no track record to point to so until he's run a draft or two we really won't know. Furthermore I would have also liked Stevie bringing in a new voice from outside the organization. From his days as a player you know there's no one more dedicated than Drapes

he probably still will in some form

I don't know exactly how Finley's role compared to Wright's but chief amateur scout still sounds like a fairly important position

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Is Fischer still doing the undrafted Euro scouting thing still? Seemed like there for awhile they were really grooming him to have a bigger front office role.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Is Fischer still doing the undrafted Euro scouting thing still? Seemed like there for awhile they were really grooming him to have a bigger front office role.

They mentioned him when we signed the guy from Finland. I was curious if he would follow Holland. It seems like to date Yzerman has kept most of the guys I really wanted him to along with bringing back Verbeek which is huge. I do wish Martin followed Holland but I sort of knew he was staying on... It does seem this is heading in a direction I like.

Reactions: hkydave04

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
They mentioned him when we signed the guy from Finland. I was curious if he would follow Holland. It seems like to date Yzerman has kept most of the guys I really wanted him to along with bringing back Verbeek which is huge. I do wish Martin followed Holland but I sort of knew he was staying on... It does seem this is heading in a direction I like.

Yzerman wanted Ryan Martin also to Tampa, but refused to go. I think he values him well.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
So happy. Have been pretty vocal on here that I was really hoping Wright would be given the boot. His track record has been shit overall.

See ya!

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

A source familiar with the situation who did not wish to be named, said Wright and pro scout Archie Hnderson have joined Holland with the Edmonton Oilers. No other Wings personnel is headed to Edmonton. Yzerman had offered Henderson a contract to stay.

Looks like Henderson chose the Oilers over staying with the Wings.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Every time I saw Wright talk, his main focus would be personality and how big they are, not in my opinion the top priorities a player should have. Sole reason Rasmussen was picked.

Reactions: hkydave04

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad