Organizational Moves (Front Office & Scouting)

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Won't miss him saying "size"

Actually a fan of a lot of our picks during his tenure, though.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
well that's a few more names than I was expecting

be interesting to see what happens there

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I will wait until we see something official, and see who the replacements are.

I just hope we keep Draper.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Good News is Hakan is still there

It's pretty clear how much Yzerman leaned on Hakan's insight for this particular draft. I hope that's the direction we continue to go, rather than hoping he works miracles in the later rounds.

As for the rest of the shake up, not surprising Yzerman wants his own team in place.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
most are from western canada and probably offered jobs by kenny so are choosing to leave rather than 19 deleting them . this staff rebuild gonna be interesting .

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Well then.

Curious to see who they hire.

Al Murray?

I feel like for the director role it'll either be Hakan or some name none of us are expecting from some different organization(like how Yzerman originally brought in Murray from team canada when he went to Tampa)

Murray I doubt is going anywhere at this point

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
didnt something happen with murray after 19 left , like he was given a bigger role or something ? and it sounded like he was there for good ?

Christien

May 1, 2010
didnt something happen with murray after 19 left , like he was given a bigger role or something ? and it sounded like he was there for good ?
Yep they promoted Murray to assistant GM, along with their director of player development.

Reactions: decaguard

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I feel like for the director role it'll either be Hakan or some name none of us are expecting from some different organization(like how Yzerman originally brought in Murray from team canada when he went to Tampa)

I think Draper is most likely to be the replacement if we were to go with an internal hire. Hakan seems very set and content on staying over in Europe.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That is correct, he was promoted to be co-AGM with two other fellows. He remains Director of Amateur Scouting.
Yep they promoted Murray to assistant GM, along with their director of player development.
Damned non-refreshed tabs.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Shanahan?:sarcasm:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I think Draper is most likely to be the replacement if we were to go with an internal hire. Hakan seems very set and content on staying over in Europe.

yeah maybe i'm just going by how much more input he seemed to have in this draft but I suppose they could also just be giving him more input going forward in his current position to stay put

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don’t know that the promotion for Murray rules him out of coming here. I imagine we could offer him the same AGM/Director of Scouting role here, and maybe he would rather work for Yzerman.

I mean, technically we gave Holland a promotion before he left for Edmonton. Not sure that stuff means a ton.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I don’t know that the promotion for Murray rules him out of coming here. I imagine we could offer him the same AGM/Director of Scouting role here, and maybe he would rather work for Yzerman.

I mean, technically we gave Holland a promotion before he left for Edmonton. Not sure that stuff means a ton.

Very true. I don't know how that side of the NHL works.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
way i see it is shoot for the stars = murrays not proven to be a phenom . yes good but not great . ide take a shot at a newbie out there known in nhl circles to make the best draft rankings but thats never weilded the hammer before

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

It could very well be that way, I mean the same reason Wright stayed until after the draft and will likely end up with Holland in Edmonton.

Bobby Mack said this:

Sounds kinda concrete, but with naming 3 AGMs they could've seen it as temporary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad