O'Reilly vs Dalpe vs coyle

BOS77

Jul 17, 2011
Nova Scotia
who would you folks take in a keeper pool points are everything,I know O'Reilly is a couple years old and further in his development but he looks like he's going to be stuck at 3rd line center for a while.

dalpe and coyle look like very good prospects may be a year away but out of the 3 who do you guy's think will put the most points in there prime.
thanks

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Are you talking Ryan O'Reilly or Cal O'Reilly? Because Ryan is actually younger than Dalpe. Either way, his offensive potential is probably below Dalpe's, although it's hard to judge what he can do behind Stastny and Duchene.

Halpysback*

Dalpe should probably get the most offensive opportunities off the 3 on an offensively minded team, I'd say him.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I like Coyle. From a purely offensive, points perspective, Coyle. But I'd imagine he's more like 2-3 years away from any significant contribution (ie. more than 40 points).

With the the looks of the Canes top 2 lines at present, Dalpe will likely get quite a few opportunities in scoring roles in the next 2 seasons.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
I hope RoR can hit 40 points once, and he should if he gets more PP time. He may make a decision to trade Stastny down the road easier. However thats a long time away. I hope he has the development curve of Kesler. Tho I won't complain with a 30 point 3rd line center that can step up to 2nd line in case of injuries regardless.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I think this really comes down to how O'Reilly develops.

It's tough to say that his upside is the highest of any of the three, as it is probably the lowest.

But his upside is that of a Kesler or Mike Richards, and those are pretty darn valuable contributors, not just in the playoffs/real NHL, but also in fantasy.

Yes, Coyle has this big time power forward upside, but a lot more guys become some hybrid of Knuble, Clowe, Umberger, Brouwer etc., then they do become Jarome Iginla.

Dalpe has nice 2nd line centre upside, but IMO, I'd probably still take him 3rd of these three.

I'd be willing to roll the dice on O'Reilly first, but either him or Coyle are nice players.

It took Kesler awhile to find his NHL scoring legs as well.

There are also rumours RoR could take a few snaps at the wing, and if Statsny eventually moves on when Duchene is like 25, then well O'Reilly could really get a better offensive look.

Kershaw

I like O'Reilly. He's already a decent NHL player with room to grow.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
I think this really comes down to how O'Reilly develops.

It's tough to say that his upside is the highest of any of the three, as it is probably the lowest.

But his upside is that of a Kesler or Mike Richards, and those are pretty darn valuable contributors, not just in the playoffs/real NHL, but also in fantasy.

Yes, Coyle has this big time power forward upside, but a lot more guys become some hybrid of Knuble, Clowe, Umberger, Brouwer etc., then they do become Jarome Iginla.

Dalpe has nice 2nd line centre upside, but IMO, I'd probably still take him 3rd of these three.

I'd be willing to roll the dice on O'Reilly first, but either him or Coyle are nice players.

It took Kesler awhile to find his NHL scoring legs as well.

There are also rumours RoR could take a few snaps at the wing, and if Statsny eventually moves on when Duchene is like 25, then well O'Reilly could really get a better offensive look.

Actually its rumours of Duchene (if there were any) being moved to wing and RoR staying as a center.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
What many people forget about Ryan O'Reilly is that he'll be playing his third NHL season this fall and will be 20 years old for most of it.

People assume his offensive potential is limited because he did not produce elite numbers in juniors. Well, the year prior to being drafted, he scored at a point-per-game clip in juniors and was an elite defensive forward. The thing is, unlike most draftees (especially those not in the first round), he didn't get the chance to go back and dominate as an 18-year-old, or at 19 even. He made it to the show.

I think those elite offensive numbers would have come had he played one or two more years of junior. That being said, this is all conjecture but it's an interesting and unusual case. In short, there's no telling what O'Reilly can do numbers-wise.

I hope that now that he has the defensive part of the game more than figured out, it will be easier for him to create offense. We will see...

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Riley's offensive potential might be limited so dalp might be the better pick. But if u count the blocks, hits an face-offs then Riley is a keeper. Love the kid and the way he plays his heart out.

Dunno much about coyle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad