Speculation: Opening Season Roster Predictions

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
:dunno: that's... that's just not true. Even in meaningless preseason game we have seen him come to the defence of his goaltender.

Wether it's right or not I dont know but it's just how he is...

Plus Price is his buddy, you know he won't let opponent give him ****.. same could be said for Gorges, Bouillon but they arent just as intimidating as the one I listed

true, but it doesnt make him an intimidating player, guys like Murray, Emelin or Tinordi (near future) are because of their size and mean streak, Subban doesnt have those tools and it's ok that way as long as he doesnt just skate away, he (along others like Gorges or even Markov or Diaz) still have to try.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I can see a guy like Ryan White beeing cut. He has done nothing bad but nothing standout also. He's seems to yap a lot but didn't drop once. Doesn't look like a guy who wants to impress the management.

Just my opinion, but...I'm really hoping Ryan White will be there VS the Leaves (and really think he will be...we need him and he can be as useful as Prust if given the chance, imo).

Parros
Murray
White
Prust
Moen
(if Parros can't make it for the 1st game...they might put Tarnasky in? or it will probably be Bournival). But, I hope at least one of Murray or Parros will be there 'cause the Leaves have many goons.

p.s.: imo most veterans (incl. young veterans like White) are using pre-season games for conditioning/timing...a warm-up for the real thing (1st regular season game). We know what White can bring (warrior hockey, energy, and can actually play hockey). Give White his chances...we need him against teams like the Leaves and Bruins.

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Just my opinion, but...I'm really hoping Ryan White will be there VS the Leaves (and really think he will be...we need him and he can be as useful as Prust if given the chance, imo).

Parros
Murray
White
Prust
Moen
(if Parros can't make it for the 1st game...they might put Tarnasky in? or it will probably be Bournival). But, I hope at least one of Murray or Parros will be there 'cause the Leaves have many goons.

p.s.: imo most veterans (incl. young veterans like White) are using pre-season games for conditioning/timing...a warm-up for the real thing (1st regular season game). We know what White can bring (warrior hockey, energy, and can actually play hockey). Give White his chances...we need him against teams like the Leaves and Bruins.

huh, actually, when it comes to playing hockey, guys like Bournival are already better than White... he shouldnt use pre season for timing/conditionning.

Apr 28, 2010
Assuming Gio, Emelin, Boui, Murray cant play game 1..

Bourque Pleks Gallagher
Pacioretty DD Briere
Galchenyuk Eller Bournival
Prust White Moen

Markov Subban
Gorges Tinordi
Diaz Nygren/Dietz

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Assuming Gio, Emelin, Boui, Murray cant play game 1..

Bourque Pleks Gallagher
Pacioretty DD Briere
Galchenyuk Eller Bournival
Prust White Moen

Markov Subban
Gorges Tinordi
Diaz Nygren/Dietz

Tinordi on the left side and Diaz on the right

Markov- Subban
Gorges - Diaz
Tinordi - Nygren/Pateryn/Dietz

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Wish list (read won't happen since Bouillon will be in the lineup unless he gets injured) :Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanec-Briere
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta
Prust-Bournival-Moen

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Murray-Diaz

Price

This annoys me to no end...

I can't stand the fact the coaching staff sees Bouillon as an untouchable. Wouldn't even be surprised to see him re-signed AGAIN at some point this year, regardless of his performance

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Bourque - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere
Galchenyuk - Eller - Bournival
Prust - White - Moen
Dumont

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Murray - Diaz
Bouillon

Price
Budaj

INJURIES: Parros, Gionta, Drewiske.

That looks good if Gionta's not ready. I really like the D pairings, although Murray's on the wrong side. Still Markov-Gorges was a solid d-pairing not that long ago and Gorges is used to playing the wrong side. In fact, I think he's better on the wrong side since he hasn't been great since moving back to his natural side.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

I can't stand the fact the coaching staff sees Bouillon as an untouchable. Wouldn't even be surprised to see him re-signed AGAIN at some point this year, regardless of his performance

The sad thing is I'd take him over Diaz at this point:

Gorges/Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Tinordi/Gorges
Murray-Boullion
Diaz

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I don't mind carrying 8 defensemen this season, more depth on the back end.

*Markov-Emelin
Subban-Gorges
Tinordi-*Boullion
*Murray-*Diaz

I think Drewiske is expandable.

*means players in final year of contract. I think its better to break Tinordi in this year. We know some of the defensemen won't be back.

onemorecup*

Dumont has to clear waivers, I don't think Leblanc does.

Tinordi is making a strong case to remain with the team but he may be sent down at the beginning of the season as the team sees how the vets play (Bouillon, Murray and Drewiske)

dumont is junk

onemorecup*

agree, DD is not a first line center! unfortunately our barin trust seem to think so. He needs to be on a third line but making to much money for that position.

dd should be working at bonanza lalumiere in the produce department

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
brutal third pairing and markov is not top pairing marerial anymore

Before his injury last year Diaz was one of the top offensive D in the league and playing top minutes on our team. Murray had a down year last year, but sheltered on the third pairing with a mobile partner he will be more than adequate.

If you don't think Markov is a top 60 D in the league then there is nothing that can be done for you. Whether or not he is an ideal even strength partner for Subban is another question.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
So with Gionta playing tonight it means he will be in against Toronto.

Doubtful Murray and Parros will be ready which mean we should see a lineup like this:

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Brière
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Diaz
Tinordi - Bouillon

I don't mind to start the season but I'm not fond of the Markov-Diaz pairing. I also expect White and Bournival to rotate into the press box from game to game. Against the Leafs MT will probably put White in.

I hope Moen wake up this year.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
So with Gionta playing tonight it means he will be in against Toronto.

Doubtful Murray and Parros will be ready which mean we should see a lineup like this:

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Brière
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Diaz
Tinordi - Bouillon

I don't mind to start the season but I'm not fond of the Markov-Diaz pairing. I also expect White and Bournival to rotate into the press box from game to game. Against the Leafs MT will probably put White in.

I hope Moen wake up this year.

Gionta is only playing tomorrow night

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

I don't think Bouillon is untoucheable, but he is a guy that's earned his spot in this year's top 6 based on his play last year and what he brings in leadership/character. People here are so obsessed with size that they overlook his contributions.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Before his injury last year Diaz was one of the top offensive D in the league and playing top minutes on our team. Murray had a down year last year, but sheltered on the third pairing with a mobile partner he will be more than adequate.

If you don't think Markov is a top 60 D in the league then there is nothing that can be done for you. Whether or not he is an ideal even strength partner for Subban is another question.

I agree, people here are way too hard on Markov, though he's lost a step from his prime, he is still in the top 10-15% of NHL d-men.

Diaz can play top 4 on a lot of teams, if he is your #5 then the defense should be strong. Very good puck mover and distributor and very underrated defensively.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't think Bouillon is untoucheable, but he is a guy that's earned his spot in this year's top 6 based on his play last year and what he brings in leadership/character. People here are so obsessed with size that they overlook his contributions.

I'm not obsessed with size...I just happen to think he's a terrible dman.

No one can convince me that Bouillon is better than Tinordi at this point...Bouillon has his spot in the lineup cemented because of his relationship with Therrien, not because he earned anything

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'm not obsessed with size...I just happen to think he's a terrible dman.

No one can convince me that Bouillon is better than Tinordi at this point...Bouillon has his spot in the lineup cemented because of his relationship with Therrien, not because he earned anything

You obviously have some kind of bias against him. How is he a terrible d-man? He is smart defensively, moves the puck well and plays a lot bigger than his size.

I know a lot of hockey people, guys that have played or coached at a high level and none has ever said he is a terrible d-man. In fact some have said he was a big part of last year's improvemenent on defense, not just in terms of his on ice contribution but being a leader with the younger guys(Diaz Emelin Subban etc). Sure, he isn't a guy you want playing 23-25 minutes a game, but as a #5-6 he is very good, he can play in any situation and not hurt the team. Plus he can step up to the 2nd pair for a 5-10 game stretch in case of injuries. At 1.5 mil he's a bargain.

Tinordi has shown nice improvement in the preseason but from what I saw last year he had a long way to go to be as reliable as Bouillon. Tinordi has huge upside but he is still quite raw.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You obviously have some kind of bias against him. How is he a terrible d-man? He is smart defensively, moves the puck well and plays a lot bigger than his size.

I know a lot of hockey people, guys that have played or coached at a high level and none has ever said he is a terrible d-man. In fact some have said he was a big part of last year's improvemenent on defense, not just in terms of his on ice contribution but being a leader with the younger guys(Diaz Emelin Subban etc). Sure, he isn't a guy you want playing 23-25 minutes a game, but as a #5-6 he is very good, he can play in any situation and not hurt the team. Plus he can step up to the 2nd pair for a 5-10 game stretch in case of injuries. At 1.5 mil he's a bargain.

Tinordi has shown nice improvement in the preseason but from what I saw last year he had a long way to go to be as reliable as Bouillon. Tinordi has huge upside but he is still quite raw.

Yeah, I do have a negative bias against him...I don't think he's very good. He's at best a 7th dman who can play as a #5-6 in a pinch.

Also, I don't agree he can play in any situation and not hurt the team, nor do I think he has any business playing in any teams 3nd pair.

Yes, i agree Tinordi still has a ways to go, but there's a lot more to work with there then there is with Bouillon. We know what we can get out of Bouillon, he's not getting any better. If we're going to play a dman as a #5-6 for 15-18 mins a game, I'd rather it be Tinordi than Bouillon.

Bouillon does a few things pretty well, he's a good skater and can move the puck using his mobility. But he's absolutely clueless on what to do with the puck once he crosses the blueline. He can't play on the PP, he's actually a liability on the PK because he can't block passing lanes or deal with the traffic in front of the net, his clearance attempts are always intercepted, etc.

He's just not a very good dman...again, if it wasn't for Therrien, he probably wouldn't have a job in the NHL right now

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Yeah, I do have a negative bias against him...I don't think he's very good. He's at best a 7th dman who can play as a #5-6 in a pinch.

Also, I don't agree he can play in any situation and not hurt the team, nor do I think he has any business playing in any teams 3nd pair.

Yes, i agree Tinordi still has a ways to go, but there's a lot more to work with there then there is with Bouillon. We know what we can get out of Bouillon, he's not getting any better. If we're going to play a dman as a #5-6 for 15-18 mins a game, I'd rather it be Tinordi than Bouillon.

Bouillon does a few things pretty well, he's a good skater and can move the puck using his mobility. But he's absolutely clueless on what to do with the puck once he crosses the blueline. He can't play on the PP, he's actually a liability on the PK because he can't block passing lanes or deal with the traffic in front of the net, his clearance attempts are always intercepted, etc.

He's just not a very good dman...again, if it wasn't for Therrien, he probably wouldn't have a job in the NHL right now

So it's because of Therrien he was playing #4 or 5 minutes in Nashville on a team that was among the best in the NHL and who's goalie had great stats?

Quite curious that it's 2 years in a row he plays regularly for top 5 overall teams yet he shouldn't even be in the NHL.

:shakehead

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So it's because of Therrien he was playing #4 or 5 minutes in Nashville on a team that was among the best in the NHL and who's goalie had great stats?

Quite curious that it's 2 years in a row he plays regularly for top 5 overall teams yet he shouldn't even be in the NHL.

:shakehead

Well when he played in Nashville, he played behind two guys named Shea Weber and Ryan Suter who were on the ice for more than half the game every night

So not sure why you're bringing that up...

look...i'm not a Bouillon fan, you are. To each his own

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Well when he played in Nashville, he played behind two guys named Shea Weber and Ryan Suter who were on the ice for more than half the game every night

So not sure why you're bringing that up...

look...i'm not a Bouillon fan, you are. To each his own

So they had Weber and Suter. Bouillon still played 18 minutes a night and Rinne had great stats. If he was anywhere near the liability you say he is it would have affected his numbers and they would have replaced him by somebody else.

I'm bringing it up because it's relevant.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So they had Weber and Suter. Bouillon still played 18 minutes a night and Rinne had great stats. If he was anywhere near the liability you say he is it would have affected his numbers and they would have replaced him by somebody else.

I'm bringing it up because it's relevant.

I don't see how where/how he played 3 years ago is relevant to today as it relates to the habs and their situation

Either way, i'm just not a fan of Bouillon and never was...has nothing to do with his size, it has to do with his limited hockey ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad