Speculation: Opening Season Roster Predictions

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Diaz Emelin Tinordi Gorges Markov Subban Murray :handclap:

At least Price will be protected in his crest from now on with at least one of Subban, Tinordi, Emelin and Murray on the ice

Intimidation card isnt in Subban's deck... and it's better that way as he should concentrate on more important stuff (such as leading the D squad)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Bourque - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere
Galchenyuk - Eller - Bournival
Prust - White - Moen
Dumont

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Murray - Diaz
Bouillon

Price
Budaj

INJURIES: Parros, Gionta, Drewiske.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Bourque - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere
Galchenyuk - Eller - Bournival
Prust - White - Moen

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Murray - Diaz

Price
Budaj

That's about it. Though my first thoughts would be to put Gallagher with DD and Pac and Brière with Pleks.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That's about it. Though my first thoughts would be to put Gallagher with DD and Pac and Brière with Pleks.
That's just what I think.

I'd prefer Bournival with DD and Briere with Pleks, Gallagher with Eller.

Bournival could retrieve pucks from corners, screen the goalie, and score garbage goals for the DD line. I think he'd compliment them nicely while adding a better defensive presence.

Gallagher - I love. But I hate him with DD/Patch. The defense on that line was atrocious. Gallagher with the kids is a line that's worked and looks good, while being responsible defensively.

Bourque and Pleks are more than capable defensively to cover for Briere on their line. Danny gives them a little more offensive creativity then they'd otherwise have.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Intimidation card isnt in Subban's deck... and it's better that way as he should concentrate on more important stuff (such as leading the D squad)

:dunno: that's... that's just not true. Even in meaningless preseason game we have seen him come to the defence of his goaltender.

Wether it's right or not I dont know but it's just how he is...

Plus Price is his buddy, you know he won't let opponent give him ****.. same could be said for Gorges, Bouillon but they arent just as intimidating as the one I listed

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
That's just what I think.

I'd prefer Bournival with DD and Briere with Pleks, Gallagher with Eller.

Bournival could retrieve pucks from corners, screen the goalie, and score garbage goals for the DD line. I think he'd compliment them nicely while adding a better defensive presence.

Gallagher - I love. But I hate him with DD/Patch. The defense on that line was atrocious. Gallagher with the kids is a line that's worked and looks good, while being responsible defensively.

Bourque and Pleks are more than capable defensively to cover for Briere on their line. Danny gives them a little more offensive creativity then they'd otherwise have.

Gio is about to return. As much as we love Bournival, we all know where it's headed. So when you put Bournival in the lineup, you have to have in mind Gio. 'Cause the guy is coming back real soon, maybe 1st game. No need to put a lineup including Bournival and then to totally change your first 3 lines when Gio comes in. Personnally, I'm not a fan of Brière and DD together. That's as soft as you can get. And I don't want to see MaxPac take all the load of the physical play on a line even if I want to see him implicate himself more, that's for sure. So if you want, put Gallagher with Eller and Galchy. But that will mean 1st line duty with Gio and Pleks and Bourque. I guess that's fine....for now.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I'll say it again. Our defence has to be:

Markov-Gorges
Tinordi-Subban
Murray-Diaz

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
MB mentioned that he wanted to develop chemistry among lines.. so regardless of who's the best at their position, the predicted starting line-up will look like:

Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Briere (This second line could interchange with first line)
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta
Prust - White - Parros
Moen

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Murray
Bouillon - Diaz
Tinordi

Price
Budaj

Before you start complaining about DD being a top 2 center.. he is technically our second best center after plekanec with his resume... and Bouillon will likely retire in Montreal (this would probably be his last year) and will get 3rd pairing minutes.. we need a fighter on the d-corp and bouillon is one of the few guys in our team that can fight.

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
I can see a guy like Ryan White beeing cut. He has done nothing bad but nothing standout also. He's seems to yap a lot but didn't drop once. Doesn't look like a guy who wants to impress the management.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I can see a guy like Ryan White beeing cut. He has done nothing bad but nothing standout also. He's seems to yap a lot but didn't drop once. Doesn't look like a guy who wants to impress the management.

Guys on one-way contracts don't get cut. He's not auditioning who would he be trying to impress?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I'll say it again. Our defence has to be:

Markov-Gorges
Tinordi-Subban
Murray-Diaz

agreed. Can somebody explain to me why the hell are we testing a Markov-Diaz (who's having a brutal camp BTW) pairing to begin with??? That has to be the softest duo in the history of the game, and prevents BOTH from stepping in offensively because you can't rely on your partner to pick up the slack defensively.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
True. I don't know why I said this. Still, I don't know if we're a better hockey club with him or a guy like Bournival? I would like to see some movement from Bergevin but it's gonna be hard cos the others 29 teams are probably in the same position as us. Will see.

You would like to see movement why exactly?? Team doesn't need ****, this is by far the most balanced group we've had since 1995-1996.

Last edited:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Markov-Gorges
Tinordi-Subban
Murray-Diaz

If I see this, I don't care what's up front..

Those will be tough minutes for Tinordi, haven't been paying to close attention who's on the ice, when he's out there, but he was knocking around guys like staal. so maybe he can handle tough minutes?

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
True. I don't know why I said this. Still, I don't know if we're a better hockey club with him or a guy like Bournival? I would like to see some movement from Bergevin but it's gonna be hard cos the others 29 teams are probably in the same position as us. Will see.

There is room for both White and Bournival in an 82 game season since there are always injuries. Those two won't be playing all 82 games but Bournival will get a chance to prove himself during the regular season. The only guy who will cope is Dumont who has had a pretty mediocre camp so far.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Wish list (read won't happen since Bouillon will be in the lineup unless he gets injured) :

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanec-Briere
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta
Prust-Bournival-Moen

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Murray-Diaz

Price

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Gio is about to return. As much as we love Bournival, we all know where it's headed. So when you put Bournival in the lineup, you have to have in mind Gio. 'Cause the guy is coming back real soon, maybe 1st game. No need to put a lineup including Bournival and then to totally change your first 3 lines when Gio comes in. Personnally, I'm not a fan of Brière and DD together. That's as soft as you can get. And I don't want to see MaxPac take all the load of the physical play on a line even if I want to see him implicate himself more, that's for sure. So if you want, put Gallagher with Eller and Galchy. But that will mean 1st line duty with Gio and Pleks and Bourque. I guess that's fine....for now.

I really appreciate you as a poster WS and chances are that Bournival may be headed to Hamilton before the season but please stop to state it as a fact.

If he continues to play like he did so far, he may force the management to keep him, especially with MB comments before training camp.

Would I bet on it? No. But I don't think that we all know that Bournival is heading to Hamilton.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I really appreciate you as a poster WS and chances are that Bournival may be headed to Hamilton before the season but please stop to state it as a fact.

If he continues to play like he did so far, he may force the management to keep him, especially with MB comments before training camp.

Would I bet on it? No. But I don't think that we all know that Bournival is heading to Hamilton.

Fine. Let's wait and see. I really thought that the FACT was the number of guys we already have under contract and that if everybody is healthy, please tell me where Bournival fits in?

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Fine. Let's wait and see. I really thought that the FACT was the number of guys we already have under contract and that if everybody is healthy, please tell me where Bournival fits in?

We're still far from there but if he earns a spot, a trade is a possibility.

Injuries can happen too. All about speculation right now so you're right, we can just wait and see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad