Line Combos: Opening night roster is set

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think this is the lineup I'd like to see, based on how preseason went. I was expecting more from Kelly.

Tkachuk-Stützle-Batherson
DeBrincat -Norris-Giroux
Motte-Pinto-Joseph
Watson-Kastelic-Brassard

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Hamonic
Brannstrom-Holden

Forsberg
Hellberg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
For a second I thought those were the line combos they were running with and was extremely concerned about DJ's sanity.
Yeah, I'm not sure if they are intentionally trolling fans with the presentation there, or if it's just a happy accident.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Good catch, so that lends credence to happy accident theory, though they di choose to pay it out as three columns for the forwards and two for the d which immediately suggests lines and pairings
Almost looks like 5 rows fit nicely without shrinking text, so maybe that's why, but you're right, its a confusing look. Kelly on the 1st line lol.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Almost looks like 5 rows fit nicely without shrinking text, so maybe that's why, but you're right, its a confusing look. Kelly on the 1st line lol.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards happy accident, either way it was "fun" to experience a bit of a skipped heartbeat seeing Kelly on the first line, and Zaitsev in over Holden (paired with Sanderson no less).

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah, I'm not sure if they are intentionally trolling fans with the presentation there, or if it's just a happy accident.
I saw that tweet earlier

Idk why, but what you've posted misses the statement "presented in numerical order" which is what i saw with it earlier....about 5 seconds after going wtf?

Reactions: Micklebot

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Lol, though tbh, I think we're hoping it works out better than Dadonov who is the closer parallel. Early indications are that it will.
I never thought Dadonov was even close to Giroux with his skill level and playing style, but I understand the comparison when it comes to signing. Although I was not even close to be this excited about Dadonov.

Reactions: Cosmix and OmniSens

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I never thought Dadonov was even close to Giroux with his skill level and playing style, but I understand the comparison when it comes to signing. Although I was not even close to be this excited about Dadonov.
Yeah, Giroux is obviously much better, hence why he got the bigger contract despite being older at the time of signing.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
So in regards to Forementon, are we just waiting for the NHL to finish their investigation? And if so, is there a timeline as to when the investigation may be done?

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Lol, though tbh, I think we're hoping it works out better than Dadonov who is the closer parallel. Early indications are that it will.
Could be tight. If Giroux can't get more than one stinking assist with zero goals on the PP for the ENTIRE SEASON, then I guess Dadonov shall be declared the winner.

I have a hunch he'll have that equaled by the 3rd period of game 1 though.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Could be tight. If Giroux can't get more than one stinking assist with zero goals on the PP for the ENTIRE SEASON, then I guess Dadonov shall be declared the winner.

I have a hunch he'll have that equaled by the 3rd period of game 1 though.

What if he gets 30 ES goals and 50 ES assists but no goals on PP?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think this is the lineup I'd like to see, based on how preseason went. I was expecting more from Kelly.

Tkachuk-Stützle-Batherson
DeBrincat -Norris-Giroux
Motte-Pinto-Joseph
Watson-Kastelic-Brassard

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Hamonic
Brannstrom-Holden

Forsberg
Hellberg

Not ideal to have the 2 pure goal scorers on the same line though. Giroux's playmaking is still good but we should have a dual threat (Stutzle, Batherson) on each line too

I find these duos make the most sense

DeBrincat-Stutzle
Norris-Batherson

Lines could be :

Tkachuk-Stutzle-DeBrincat
Giroux-Norris-Batherson

or the expected

DeBrincat-Stutzle-Giroux
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad