Line Combos: Opening Night Lineup

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Niagara IceDog fan here...does ex-icedog captain agozzino have any chance of making the Avs year or being called up at some point?

I think he's getting a longer look as a potential callup during the season, and also to reward him for being handling himself well in the minors by all accounts these last couple years.

On a side note, I do think Hishon might be playing his way into starting as the 3rd line center if Mitchell isn't ready to go, and especially if Winchester can't go either. I don't think Roy's to ecstatic about what he's seen from the bottom six guys, and Hish has played pretty well.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think Everberg or Rendulic will get a shot at the #3 line before Hishon. Hishon could still benefit from another season in the A.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Mitchell was a full participant in practice yesterday, according to someone's twitter on the Injury Report thread.

That's great news.

I think Everberg or Rendulic will get a shot at the #3 line before Hishon. Hishon could still benefit from another season in the A.

I can't believe people are actually expecting Hishon to play in NHL. He can't even stay healthy ONE season in AHL. He needs more time. He just needs to play healthy season as #1 guy in AHL, then next off-season have a great camp and make the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
On a side note, I do think Hishon might be playing his way into starting as the 3rd line center if Mitchell isn't ready to go, and especially if Winchester can't go either. I don't think Roy's to ecstatic about what he's seen from the bottom six guys, and Hish has played pretty well.

I'm thinking this too. Someone is going to make the opening night roster because I doubt both Mitchell, McGinn and now possibly Winchester are all ready to go. Everberg has seemed to fall off a bit, Rendulic doesn't seem ready for the NHL or a bottom 6 role. Hishon has looked good but Roy wants him to work on his defensive game. He would look the best on the third line though. I don't think it's that far fetched to think Hishon is the one they keep. Roy put him in at 1C when Winchester went down. And if Roy is concerned with generating offense when the puck drops for real he might be the best option.

I said all summer that no way Hishon was making the team but the injury situation makes a big difference plus he's looked good and they have to very likely pick someone. Is it the guy who has been in their system for years or one of the new guys?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Why can't Hishon work as a winger? I always figured that's what he'd be anyway. Isn't he a shoot-first guy? The organization just seems dead-set on him being a center in the NHL, which seems strange to me.

BTW, how has Briere looked in preseason? Reason to hope or has he just been a non-factor?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad