Speculation: Opening night line up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
He definitely not written in stone this year. When he does play it will be very sheltered. Only thing he really brings is his shot on the PP which other teams cheat to his side making it tough on him.

I think Folin is in and its in between Reilly and Dumba and I believe Reilly is much better even on the PP. So I dont see Dumba playing much honestly.

Wow, I would be shocked if he doesn't play most of the games.

I think Folin and Reilly are the two guys that are fighting on that last spot.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Wow, I would be shocked if he doesn't play most of the games.

I think Folin and Reilly are the two guys that are fighting on that last spot.

Lets put aside his draft pedigree and look at every player equally.

I think Scandella-Folin is set at the moment.

Now for the last pairing. Going to do Brodin and Dumba again which absolutely back fired last season? Brodin prefers to play the right anyways and hasn't played LD all camp. So Reilly-Brodin will do. Brodin and Folin will switch in game a lot as well. Reilly is smarter with the puck and a better puck mover and valuable to the #2 PP unit (I would like Reilly to replace Suter on the PP). Both 4 and 24 are weak in blocking out our net so that's a wash.

Now back to Dumba. He already has been called out by BB. Was on the ice for ALL the goals against in Winnipeg.

What does Dumba add thats positive at the moment, other than his hard shot?

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Carter is released, and needs shoulder surgery. Might be the end of the road for him.

I had forgotten about Stalock still being on the roster. Seems odd to have a pressbox of a goalie and 2 dmen.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Mike Reilly belongs. He makes the team better so it's up to CF and BB to make that happen.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Lets put aside his draft pedigree and look at every player equally.

I think Scandella-Folin is set at the moment.

Now for the last pairing. Going to do Brodin and Dumba again which absolutely back fired last season? Brodin prefers to play the right anyways and hasn't played LD all camp. So Reilly-Brodin will do. Brodin and Folin will switch in game a lot as well. Reilly is smarter with the puck and a better puck mover and valuable to the #2 PP unit (I would like Reilly to replace Suter on the PP). Both 4 and 24 are weak in blocking out our net so that's a wash.

Now back to Dumba. He already has been called out by BB. Was on the ice for ALL the goals against in Winnipeg.

What does Dumba add thats positive at the moment, other than his hard shot?
Dumba adds potential!!!

Our defense is much better with him out of the lineup.

Wish he could go to Iowa. But he cant i believe.

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
Would Wild really burn one ELC year on their first rounder for a year of 4th line duty?
Seems that there has to be options for that role that are better?

Kase

May 1, 2016
What kind of D pairings they've had at training games?

I assume Suter - Spurgeon is going to be the top pair.

Is Scandella - Folin a thing? Someone mentioned that this pairing could be set at the moment. I've always thought Folin would be the 7th dman.

Then there's Brodin, Dumba and Reilly left. I think Brodin have always been better at the right side, if management shares the same opinion, then he could be paired with Reilly. I liked what i saw from Reilly last season so I think he deserves a spot at the lineup as a regular.

What are you going to do with Dumba then? I personally think he wins the spot next to Scandella and pushes Folin out of the lineup.

So my pairings to start the season would be:

Suter - Spurgeon
Scandella - Dumba
Reilly - Brodin

Folin

What do you guys think the pairings should be?

Last edited:

Kase

May 1, 2016
Would Wild really burn one ELC year on their first rounder for a year of 4th line duty?
Seems that there has to be options for that role that are better?

I don't see any reason to do that, assuming you're talking about Ek? I think he gets those 9 games at maximum and heads back to Sweden. I've seen someone put him in the 3rd line to start the season, but I can't see that. Haula needs to crap the bed real bad that to happen. But you never know. If Ek looks great in those 9 games maybe he could stick with the team.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
What kind of D pairings they've had at training games?

I assume Suter - Spurgeon is going to be the top pair.

Is Scandella - Folin a thing? Someone mentioned that this pairing could be set at the moment. I've always thought Folin would be the 7th dman.

Then there's Brodin, Dumba and Reilly left. I think Brodin have always been better at the right side, if management shares the same opinion, then he could be paired with Reilly. I liked what i saw from Reilly last season so I think he deserves a spot at the lineup as a regular.

What are you going to do with Dumba then? I personally think he wins the spot next to Scandella and pushes Folin out of the lineup.

So my pairings to start the season would be:

Suter - Spurgeon
Scandella - Dumba
Reilly - Brodin

Folin

What do you guys think the pairings should be?
Are we better with Dumba in the pressbox? If so, we should trade him asap.

I really liked our D pairing last night, or changing it to a 2nd pairing of Scandella-Brodin and 3rd pairing of Reilly-Folin.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
How I hope we start.

Parise-Staal-Coyle
Granlund-Koivu-Pominville
Stewart-Eriksson Ek-Niederreiter
Zucker-Haula-Bertschy

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella-Dumba
Reilly-Brodin

Folin

I know people might freak out about Haula being 4th line but I think this gives us the most depth.

PP 1:
Coyle-Parise-Nino

Dumba-Reilly

PP 2:

Staal-Koivu-Granlund

Spurgeon-Suter

Kase

May 1, 2016
Trade him for who/what? His cap hit isn't big enough to bring back an elite player, we would have to move someone else with him.

For a forward on his ELC or other rfa with similiar value? I can't think of any examples right off my head.

But I agree with the notion that if Dumba doesn't fit in the lineup, he should be traded asap.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Carter is released, and needs shoulder surgery. Might be the end of the road for him.

I had forgotten about Stalock still being on the roster. Seems odd to have a pressbox of a goalie and 2 dmen.

They will probably send Dalpe down, and hope the teams needing a backup (SJ, St. Louis) pick theirs up over on waivers over the next couple days. Then waive Stalock or Kuemper Wednesday, recalling Dalpe to be 13th Forward Thursday or Friday.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
For a forward on his ELC or other rfa with similiar value? I can't think of any examples right off my head.

But I agree with the notion that if Dumba doesn't fit in the lineup, he should be traded asap.

Thats why the declined RNH trade stings right now. In hindsight should of added that small extra piece to get it done.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How I hope we start.

Parise-Staal-Coyle
Granlund-Koivu-Pominville
Stewart-Eriksson Ek-Niederreiter
Zucker-Haula-Bertschy

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella-Dumba
Reilly-Brodin

Folin

I know people might freak out about Haula being 4th line but I think this gives us the most depth.

PP 1:
Coyle-Parise-Nino

Dumba-Reilly

PP 2:

Staal-Koivu-Granlund

Spurgeon-Suter

That fourth line is teensy. No way bb will go for it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Dumba not playing is more about seeing what Folin and Reilly have to offer, not that Dumba isn't making the team.

Did I miss that Prosser was waived?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I think Dumba not playing is more about seeing what Folin and Reilly have to offer, not that Dumba isn't making the team.

Did I miss that Prosser was waived?

Nope. As of now we have 8 defenseman on the roster and only 12 forwards. A little odd.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Stalock on waivers. He'll probably make it through, Condon and the kid from the Devils probably get grabbed first.

Kase

May 1, 2016
What the reports said about this whole Dumba RNH situation, I can't remember precisely. Was it rumoured that Edmonton asked Dumba and some little plus for RNH and Fletch declined on that or how it went..

Tbh, I can't see Edmonton accepting Dumba as a return for RNH without major addition.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The rumor for Johansen was Dumba + another young core piece like Nino or Haula. I don't recall anything specific like that for RNH, but I'm guessing it was something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia