Speculation: Opening night line up

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gotta keep Granlund & Pominville together; rekindle that magic.

With the recent Pulkkinen signing, would it make sense to have an all Finn line, then stick Poms back with Haula and Nino to rekindle THAT magic from last year? Stewart would then go back with his buddy Zucker, and could watch Ek's back. That would be a VERY interesting 4th line. Speed, muscle, d play, and a bit of skill beyond what you see on most 4th lines. I don't want to see Ek abused in his time up here. Stewart would help with that.

That's assuming that Pulkkinen doesn't stink it up, of course. He was let go for a reason. It's not like DRW are awash in talent. From everything I've heard, he isn't the type you stick on a shutdown 4th line.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
With the acquisition of Pulkkinen, I'd like to see them try:

Parise - Staal - Coyle
Granlund-Koivu-Pominville/Pulkkinen
Nino - Haula/JEE - Pulkkinen/Pominville
Zucker - JEE/Haula - Stewart

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
With the recent Pulkkinen signing, would it make sense to have an all Finn line, then stick Poms back with Haula and Nino to rekindle THAT magic from last year? Stewart would then go back with his buddy Zucker, and could watch Ek's back. That would be a VERY interesting 4th line. Speed, muscle, d play, and a bit of skill beyond what you see on most 4th lines.

That's assuming that Pulkkinen doesn't stink it up, of course. He was let go for a reason. It's not like DRW are awash in talent. From everything I've heard, he isn't the type you stick on a shutdown 4th line.

I like it, or at least try it in practice and see how things go. If TP isn't the best skater though, I would be concerned about that 2nd line maybe.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Parise-Staal-Coyle
Nino-Haula-Poms
Granlund-Koivu-Pulkkinen
Zucker-EK-Stewart

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Scandella-Reilly
Folin

Dubs
Kemps

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Bertschy to Iowa, Dalpe stays up. Feel bad for Bertschy, made final cuts and is sent down cut day +1. Stalock cleared waivers too (probably the best news).

Just looked at the cap: $187,242 cap space, $1,100,000 in possible bonuses. Keeping Bertschy over Dalpe would have left $11,409 cap space.

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

Boudreau says Pulkkinen will play on the "energy line" come Thursday because he's unfamiliar with Minnesota's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia