Line Combos: Opening night forward lines...whatcha got?

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Tend to agree with JRulls top 9 but, with so many new faces, it's about chemistry and results. Don't see Krejci and Pasta on the same line 5on5 , Krejci might be his idol but they play different games. We will see. Training camp will be loads of fun

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Eriksson -Krejci - pasta

Marchie- Bergie- Connolly

Beleskey- Spooner - Trade

Talbot- kelly - Hayes

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Beleskey - Krejci - Connolly
Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes
Eriksson - Spooner - Pastrnak
Talbot - Kemppainen - Kelly
Ferlin/Rinaldo

OR

Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly
Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes
Beleskey - Spooner - Pastrnak

I think our top 9 is very fluid, which could be fantastic because on paper there is a lot of combinations which either have worked, could work or should work.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Pasta clearly doesn't like Spooner and hope he doesn't play with him...

Given the opportunity, he said, he would love to be Krejci’s right wing once again.

“We have country chemistry and we have on-the-ice chemistry,” he said. “I would love to play with Krech. It’s something different when you can play with a player like Krejci.”

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=41074&navid=DL|BOS|home

He also said he needs to earn a roster spot 1st and when asked would he like to play with his idol he said yes, but why wouldn't he? #1C who is his idol and communication would be easier for him with Krecji. You always want to play on top lines and be the top player for your team.

He definitely has a great chance playing with Krecji and will see shifts with him, but the question is how many.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Given the opportunity, he said, he would love to be Krejci’s right wing once again.

“We have country chemistry and we have on-the-ice chemistry,” he said. “I would love to play with Krech. It’s something different when you can play with a player like Krejci.”

He even got a haircut like Krejci. I think you are on to something

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

“We have country chemistry and we have on-the-ice chemistry,†he said. “I would love to play with Krech. It’s something different when you can play with a player like Krejci.â€

I'm trying to figure out if your first statement is sarcasm or not? I read the article and got that Pasta would love to play with his idol Krejci, if given the opportunity.

I must have missed the part where he said he clearly doesn't like Spooner and hopes he doesn't play with him"?

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Eriksson-Krejci-Pasta
Marchand-Bergy-Connolly
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Talbot-Kelly-Rinaldo

Chara-Morrow
Seids-K.Miller
Krug-McQuiad
Trots

Rask
Smith

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I'd like to see

Beleskey-Krejci-Loui
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Hayes-Spooner-Pastrnak
Talbot-Kelly-Rinaldo/Ferlin

I think we'll see

Beleskey-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Loui-Spooner-Pasta

Clode isn't going to leave Spooner and Pasta together with someone he doesn't know or trust (Hayes) who has a reputation for being a bit of a floater. He's going to want Loui there to offer defensive awareness.

I could also see

Beleskey-Krejci-Pasta
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Hayes-Spooner-Connolly

In the second set of lines, that third line doesn't make sense to me....seems like Hayes and Connolly would drag Spooner down.

One line I would be intrigued by...but don't think it would happen...would be 37-63-88.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
In the second set of lines, that third line doesn't make sense to me....seems like Hayes and Connolly would drag Spooner down.

One line I would be intrigued by...but don't think it would happen...would be 37-63-88.

Also doesn't make sense because Hayes appears twice in the lineup. Btw I think Spooner still has a lot to prove. Connolly has more NHL games, and just as good if not better stats in the AHL.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Loui - Krejci - Hayes

That is the slowest top line in the NHL.

Anyways..

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Loui Krejci Connolly
Beleskey Spooner Hayes
Kelly Kempainnen Talbot
Rinaldo

I know folks like Ferlin...I do too, but out the gate, you have to go with proven NHL experience. Ferlin needs to earn his paycheck. He didn't play well in Providence and still go the call up. I would also toy with the idea of bringing Griffith back up. He could be a darkhorse for 3rd/4th line minutes. Or trade Kelly for a pick and slot Griffith on his off with with Spooner and Hayes.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Also doesn't make sense because Hayes appears twice in the lineup. Btw I think Spooner still has a lot to prove. Connolly has more NHL games, and just as good if not better stats in the AHL.

Where I was going on the Spooner/Conn/Hayes suggestion was the speed of Spooner vs. the lack of speed of the others.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Assuming no Franson (which I still believe is more than likely to happen), I think these will be the full lines on opening night. Honestly I think any combination would be fine, its all about chemistry,

Beleksey Krejci Connolly
Marchand Bergy Hayes
Erikson Spooner Pastrnak
Kelly Kemp Rinaldo
Talbot

Chara McQuaid
Krug Seidenberg
Trotman K Miller
Irwin/C Miller

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Beleskey-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Eriksson-Spooner-Hayes
Kelly-Kempainen-Rinaldo
Talbot/Ferlin

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Eriksson -Krejci - pasta

Marchie- Bergie- Connolly

Beleskey- Spooner - Trade

Talbot- kelly - Hayes

came here to ask if anyone thought this was crazy, looks like I'm not the only one that thinks that could be a great line.

Comments of too soft are to be expected but I think they could be so elusive it might not matter nearly as must.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Those couple of games when they were put together they looked pretty slick as a unit. Kind of takes away a gunner for Krejci, but if Pasta's not with him 37's line would be my choice. Great place to learn the game and have some defensive insurance without sacrificing too much offense.

I wonder if Claude would do the unthinkable and split up 63/37?

Go:

63-46-BC/KH
21-37-88
MB-51-KH/BC

Something like that.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I think the younger, smaller players are going to get to play with some beef to protect them. I don't expect we'd see Loui with Spooner and Pasta.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
came here to ask if anyone thought this was crazy, looks like I'm not the only one that thinks that could be a great line.

Comments of too soft are to be expected but I think they could be so elusive it might not matter nearly as must.

Really like this too. It's the only combinaison that can give us a truely dangerous line to our #1 offensive center. Yes, it make the 3rd line look less impressive, but we can't only count on some Krejci's magic with two stiff on the 1st line. If those guys make the 3rd line look less dynamic than why would they be a good fit on the 1st anyway?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad