GDT: Opening Night: Blues vs. Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

illninofan*

After watching him struggle last season, it really is nice to see him in top form again.

Yeah, apparently he trained hard in the offseason, and as streaky as he can be, I think he'll be one of those guys that'll benefit the most from a shortened season (same with Halak, tbh).

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
After watching him struggle last season, it really is nice to see him in top form again.

He looked great! His skates were moving all the time. He played well without the puck. He stood his ground in front of the net, crashed the net, got back on defence, completed passes, made solid hits. He looked very fast. Like a completely different player from last season. If he plays like this regularly, I wouldn't want to trade him away.

illninofan*

He looked great! His skates were moving all the time. He played well without the puck. He stood his ground in front of the net, crashed the net, got back on defence, completed passes, made solid hits. He looked very fast. Like a completely different player from last season. If he plays like this regularly, I wouldn't want to trade him away.

He's building up his value so that we can make a move later on.

200px-Trollface.svg.png

od71

Apr 8, 2012
SKA has a much, much weirder mascot.

Le me remind, Taras didn't play for SKA even a full season, just several months.
He was brought up in Novosibirsk and played all his life in Sibir (Novosibirsk)

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I wonder what Tarasenko thinks of Louie lol. Why the **** is there a giant blue bear here??

He is probably just glad to get away from that freaky horse headed mascot that SKA have! :laugh:

Obviously still some adjustments for Tarasenko to make. I'm not sure why, but a number of times when he passed the puck off in the offensive zone I thought he faded back towards the blue line for no real reason. Maybe the "responsible hockey" speech put the fear of God in him :laugh:

Cole had a good game, difficult to say how well he performed though. Will be interesting to see what happens with Redden if we keep up that level of defensive play.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010

Agree, if this continues I would say it's pretty safe to say McDonald will be the odd man out, but with all their young talent I think that's the best case scenario.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Wings fan coming in peace and saying: I'm jealous of your team's youth, energy, and depth!

I have been picking the Blues as sleepers for what seems like a decade, but now they should be lumped in as contenders. If you guys add another 2nd pairing calibre Dman (or better), you're my pick for the cup. Hopefully the Wings can be better competition next time we meet.

illninofan*

I'm glad he's with us but if they have to move him, it had better be to the east. He's done too much damage to play against him regularly. :D

No kidding. Usually players like that burn us and have for so long :cry: (those painful 90s memories).

Speaking of which, it seems like we would usually miss out on players like Tarasenko too, and they'd light us up regularly. Guys like Fedorov, Bure..etc.

Glad to see our fortunes changing and for once we get those types of players.

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
Wings fan coming in peace and saying: I'm jealous of your team's youth, energy, and depth!

I have been picking the Blues as sleepers for what seems like a decade, but now they should be lumped in as contenders. If you guys add another 2nd pairing calibre Dman (or better), you're my pick for the cup. Hopefully the Wings can be better competition next time we meet.

Thanks for the kind words, but its not been too often that the Blues light up the Wings like tonight. I gotta say, I rather liked it. If you guys don't mind, I'd appreciate a few more meetings like tonight. Kthx. :)

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Thanks for the kind words, but its not been too often that the Blues light up the Wings like tonight. I gotta say, I rather liked it. If you guys don't mind, I'd appreciate a few more meetings like tonight. Kthx. :)

lel, I'm sure you'll get your wish :cry:

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
This team really doesn't need a superstar forward talent. McDonald and Perron weren't at their best tonight, and we still got 6. This is the year.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Stewart looked fantastic. He did everything he should be doing. Great performance from him.

Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo make it look so easy. 2 easy points for them tonight, just such calm play.

Tarasenko...Wow.

I liked what I saw from Schwartz.

Really the whole team looked good. We have so much great potential it's unbelievable. Great speed and skill.

We skated circles around Detroit tonight. I kinda feel sorry for their fans what they had to watch. That was just an extremely God awful performance by the Wings. They looked old and slow.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Also Polak was fast as **** tonight. Perron was probably our worst player but there are no negatives in a 6-0 win.

Tootoo is such a jackass. What a terrible blatant attempt to run Tarasenko, but at least he failed. Clearly left his feet, just a stupid ass play. **** yourself.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Stewart looked fantastic. He did everything he should be doing. Great performance from him.

Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo make it look so easy. 2 easy points for them tonight, just such calm play.

Tarasenko...Wow.

I liked what I saw from Schwartz.

Really the whole team looked good. We have so much great potential it's unbelievable. Great speed and skill.

We skated circles around Detroit tonight. I kinda feel sorry for their fans what they had to watch. That was just an extremely God awful performance by the Wings. They looked old and slow.

It's hard to feel sorry for them after 20 years of dominance.

Twister18

So, reaves had just under 10 minutes of ice time. Do any other teams run their fourth line like that? Obviously sob/nichol had more than that due to pk.

One thing I love about Reaves is after the Polak-Tootoo dance and 22 goes to the box, Reaves skates toward the box and has a few choice words for him. You know he is waiting til those 10 minutes are up to TCB Baby! Then the refs had to ruin it.

Stewart had an awesome hit I think on CC and his stick flipped up over the net into the crowd. The staff took the broken stick from the fan to a chorus of boos and gave him a brand new stick. Awesome time!

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
This team really doesn't need a superstar forward talent. McDonald and Perron weren't at their best tonight, and we still got 6. This is the year.

Wings fan coming in peace.

To be fair I think some Peewee players could have scored on the Wings D tonight :cry:

Great showing tonight by the Blues, here's to hoping that the Wings can get there ***** together before Feb 1st so I don't feel like openly weeping in the middle of the 2nd period.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Amazing game! Tank is a beast. I had him on my bench in my fantasy league, but he just earned himself a solid spot :)

Stewart looked good as well and glad to see him back in the groove that the Blues need him in.

Can't believe how many break outs the Blues had in this game. They dominated the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad