OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
That Bennett goal is going to up a can of worms, you just admitted that you can push guys into goalies if the refs are blind and score. Chances are Swayman isn't making that save regardless but Coyle is gonna sweep the puck out of the crease at the WORST.

One problem is cross-checking is a (ridiculously) nebulous grey area.

God help me, I actually get the review, though it’s close.

Coyle is skating right at Swayman, he’s preventing that save even if he isn’t pushed and he falls on him after the puck is in. (It’s easier to see how far Coyle is in the crease at some angles more than others.)

It’s weird though because refs tend to call even very light shoves in the crease cross-checks, but cross-checks are a box of chocolates, there’s zero consistency. (Yes, I didn’t stick with the reference but I’m leaving it in.)

The wording of the rule almost makes it sound like you could use circular logic, and call interference on the attacking player during the review, but probably not.

Last edited:

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
HF Devils
1715565053498.png

Camille the Eel

The Bruins roster looked totally mediocre all season. Zacha is barely even a center, let alone a 1C.
Yes. And really who ever said he was a #1 center and why would Bruins’ fans think that he should be? He was a decent middle six forward for them last year and productive in several different line combinations when they had Bergeron and Krecji. He was appropriately traded straight up for Haula. It’s precisely when you put him in a role he can’t handle, that of being a top line center and go-to scorer that you set him up to fail.

It’s amazing to me that Boston amassed the record they did this year without either a true #1 or #2 center. They never replaced either Bergeron or Krejci.

Coyle is ideally a 3d line guy and as you indicated Zacha isn’t really a natural center at all. He was at his best last season playing wing with Pasta or with Marchand, often with Krejci centering, where his skating and vision for the ice and puck moving ability were useful. Their fans had less complaints about him then.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
It's fun to rag on the Bruins but we were supposed to be in their shoes this year when it came to the regular season and making the playoffs. Their roster isn't that bad , it's just not good enough compared to other teams. You can't really get too far with center depth like that. You gotta give their goaltending and coaching credit though.

That missed call was brutal. The NHL said they needed their officiating to be better in the playoffs but when it comes to their "war room" they can't even get a blatant call right.

Reactions: mdj12784

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The Oilers would probably be better off just playing 6 skaters an no goalie for an entire game given how good their PP is.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
That missed call was brutal. The NHL said they needed their officiating to be better in the playoffs but when it comes to their "war room" they can't even get a blatant call right.
Everyone is assuming they got it wrong, but if the rulebook doesn't categorize pushing an opponent into the goalie as goalie interference and instead it's just regular interference, that wouldn't be reviewable.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad