OOT Scoreboard 2021-22 Stanley Cup playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lol. I remember. And it was vs Tampa who we were fighting for the 8 seed. Desperately needed a Rag win. Rangers led going into the 3rd and then just mailed it in. Lightning won
Oh man. Now this is something I probably would have remembered 10 years ago, but now my memory has lost some of this stuff.

Now even after you said this, I still don’t really vividly or vaguely remember the game, but apparently it was the Rangers second to last game of the regular season.

It wasn’t even a back to back and they played Glenn Healy instead of Richter for this one.

Knowing me, I probably paced around all night having a fit about how they started worthless Glenn Healy and not Richter and how they couldn’t help us the f*** out haha.

hacksaw7

Dec 3, 2020
You (apparently) remembered it but I had to look that up lol

It was a weird year. Devils also somehow were perfect in regular season OT. 5 on 5 for 5 min and no loser pts. They won a bunch of those games

Also had no reliable backup. Brodeur was run into the ground

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It was a weird year. Devils also somehow were perfect in regular season OT. 5 on 5 for 5 min and no loser pts. They won a bunch of those games

Also had no reliable backup. Brodeur was run into the ground
That I did remember...Brodeur started like the last 40 or so games literally. Even with his durability and young age that just wasn't sustainable. I don't even remember who our 'backup' was that failed after they traded Terreri, Schwab 1.0?

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
They just showed some stat about the last two times a team came back from a 2-0 lead and then went on to go up 3-2? The second to last time was in 2003? Really?

I clearly remember the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals with Vancouver going up 2 games to 0 and losing in 7.

I guess They led 3 games to 2 after 5 games though and Boston won the last two games? I guess that's how that happened.
Last time was just last year right? Vegas vs Colorado?

Reactions: Bleedred

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They just showed some stat about the last two times a team came back from a 2-0 lead and then went on to go up 3-2? The second to last time was in 2003? Really?

I clearly remember the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals with Vancouver going up 2 games to 0 and losing in 7.

I guess They led 3 games to 2 after 5 games though and Boston won the last two games? I guess that's how that happened.
Maybe they meant the Conference Finals. Like someone above just said Vegas did it against Colorado last year. I also remember the Kings and Ducks having a similar series when the Kings were winning all their Game 7's...the Kings went up 2-0 then the Ducks won the next three before losing the last two.

Boston-Vancouver was a homer series till Game 7, each team won every home game until Vancouver went splat.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Trouba didn't make contact but he should be suspended for that flying elbow. It's a blatant attempt to injure.
The timing was shitty too. He waited until the ref was just about to blow or was in the process of blowing it for a known offside incomimg, hoping to catch Palat off guard. Piece of shit move. Trouba then gets up and cross checks Palat because he was pissed off he missed him and fell.
The guy is a dick. He tries blowing people up but then cannot take a git without flopping or wining for a call. I cannot stand Trouba and him being Ranger makes me hate him even more. I cannot stand the Rangers and that’s with me not knowing or experiencing the rivalry or territorial hate for NY area teams

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Last time was just last year right? Vegas vs Colorado?
Had to look it up cause I already forgot, but yeah that did start out 2-0 Colorado.

Maybe they meant the Conference Finals. Like someone above just said Vegas did it against Colorado last year. I also remember the Kings and Ducks having a similar series when the Kings were winning all their Game 7's...the Kings went up 2-0 then the Ducks won the next three before losing the last two.

Boston-Vancouver was a homer series till Game 7, each team won every home game until Vancouver went splat.
Apparently it was just the last two times Tampa started out in an 0-2 series hole before going up 3-2 after 5 games.

hacksaw7

Dec 3, 2020
I haven’t looked at their board but was absolutely expecting it.

What’s this - the Rangers have scored exactly twice in the last two games. That isn’t going to win you a lot of games.

They did not have that great an offense this year. Actually their team GF was only a bit better than ours

Reactions: Camille the Eel

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Had to look it up cause I already forgot, but yeah that did start out 2-0 Colorado.

Apparently it was just the last two times Tampa started out in an 0-2 series hole before going up 3-2 after 5 games.

For some strange reason it seems common in the NHL for teams to go down 0-2 on the road and then win the next 4. Especially teams who are good for long stretches of time. I know Washington did it a couple of times and Chicago did it at least twice from 2010-2016

Reactions: Bleedred

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
i paint the clown... after all, he is here for our amusement

clown2.jpg

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For some strange reason it seems common in the NHL for teams to go down 0-2 on the road and then win the next 4. Especially teams who are good for long stretches of time. I know Washington did it a couple of times and Chicago did it at least twice from 2010-2016
I remember the stat after game 2 was that 92% of the teams that win the first 2 to go up 2-0 go on to advance.

You’re right, it doesn’t seem all that rare. 92% seems a little too high. I figure 80-something percent of the time but 92% seems too high.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
They did not have that great an offense this year. Actually their team GF was only a bit better than ours
I always try to picture if the Deviks could do what Tampa did tonight to win the game . I just don’t see us having the horses to score goals like Tampa did . It feels like we score iff the rush or not at all . No real cycle game of funnel pucks to the net . It’s one and done . However we do have amazing players that excel at doing that ( scoring off the rush ).
Hopefully that comes in time . But adding Fiala and passing on Slafkovsky is not the way to do it .

Reactions: hacksaw7

Camille the Eel

Only one thing to add here is that it ain’t over yet. The Rangers have been in this position before in game six’s twice this year, except not on the road.

But if there is one club in the league that knows how to close out a series it’s Tampa. I expect a goal or two out of Hedman in game 6. Maybe Killorn will finally do something.

Can’t express how much I admire how they have dug down to come back in these last 3 games, because they are so clearly running on fumes right now after all the losses of guys to free agency off the last couple clubs, the injuries and all the hockey they’ve played. They aren’t getting a lot of offense out of anyone but Palat and Kucherov this series. Occasionally Stamkos. And tonight they got the screens and the tips. Whatever it takes. And oh how they’ve locked down on the Rangers, cut down on the Zibby one timers and kept an eye on Kreider.

If they do manage to repeat as cup winner, they will have done it on baling wire and duct tape.

But just get one more win in this series please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad