OOT Scoreboard 2019-20 season - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
If the Islanders lose again today, I would start being a bit worried if I was a fan. But then again Columbus, Florida and Toronto have all been equally trash.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Rangers are starting to make a push to the playoffs. But that may change if they trade Kreider.

I will love it if they

a) Trade Kreider and miss the playoffs by one point, and then all their fans scream that if they had kept Kreider they would have made the playoffs
b) Keep Kreider and miss the playoffs by one point, and then all their fans scream that they should have traded him and now they're losing him for nothing.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
It sure is a shame the Rangers are much better positioned for future success than the Devs right now. I suggest some of the posters on here come to terms with this because it's gonna be an ugly few years (and hopefully not longer...).

Like it or not, Gorton is a great GM and Davidson is excellent as well. They have a 1C signed cheap for 2 more years, a top 5 winger in the entire game, a budding 1/2D with 2 years on an ELC remaining after this, and a young goalie that looks incredible. They are also a destination team for some players and Strome looks like a legit 2C finally (although he might really me more of a 2/3).

Now, good GM'ing aside, of course it sure is helpful to get gifted players like Fox (floor #2 D, ceiling #1D) and Panarin by doing absolutely nothing. Same with Trouba who is a solid #2. Must be nice.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It sure is a shame the Rangers are much better positioned for future success than the Devs right now. I suggest some of the posters on here come to terms with this because it's gonna be an ugly few years (and hopefully not longer...).

Like it or not, Gorton is a great GM and Davidson is excellent as well. They have a 1C signed cheap for 2 more years, a top 5 winger in the entire game, a budding 1/2D with 2 years on an ELC remaining after this, and a young goalie that looks incredible. They are also a destination team for some players and Strome looks like a legit 2C finally (although he might really me more of a 2/3).

Now, good GM'ing aside, of course it sure is helpful to get gifted players like Fox (floor #2 D, ceiling #1D) and Panarin by doing absolutely nothing. Same with Trouba who is a solid #2. Must be nice.

Meh. They are already close to having to go into win now mode. They are tied to Trouba Panarin Zibby etc. they may very well regret trading Kreider

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

We'll see.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Meh. They are already close to having to go into win now mode. They are tied to Trouba Panarin Zibby etc. they may very well regret trading Kreider
Agree. I am not terribly impressed with the Rangers. My worry is if Patrick gets healthy and finds his game for the Flyers. Of course it may be because my buddies are Flyers fans and I won't be able to stand if they are for real.

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
id prefer the rangers make it and get bounced then have them score another high draft pick honestly

the rangers taking advantage of the mediocrity of other metro teams and the flat out garbage that is other Atlantic teams really doesn’t mean much long term.

They are not a good team. If they want to pretend to be one...meh.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Rangers DO look like they have their goalie of the future, Panarin is 2018 Hall plus and players will divebomb to go there and play for the bright lights. I do think they pulled the plug on the rebuild a year too soon but I guess when you can get Panarin that changes the equation.

Reactions: mdj12784

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Arizona loses -- now has 3 more games played than Calgary who they are tied in points. Nashville is 3 points behind Arizona with 5 games in hand.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I actually wonder if this is why Kreider and Palmieri haven't moved yet. Teams still think they can get Hall.

Well we're assuming Palmieri DOES move. If he does I think we know why he won't get moved till after Saturday at least. In Kreider's case, JD's just looking for a way to justify going all-in rather than selling off at the deadline.

Reactions: Patrik26

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Sharks vs Devils: 2 goals against Jones, no chance on either. 1 goal against Blackwood, no chance.

Penguins vs Maple Leafs: 4 goals against Murray, 2 stoppable. Andersen gets the shutout.

Canadiens vs Capitals: 3 goals against Price, all 3 are stoppable. 4 goals against Holtby, 2 stoppable.

Flyers vs Blue Jackets: 3 goals against Elliott, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Merzlikins, 2 stoppable.

Jets vs Senators: 1 goal against Brossoit, no chance. 5 goals against Hogberg, no chance on any.

Coyotes vs Blues: 1 goal against Raanta and it's stoppable. Binnington somehow gets an even easier shutout tonight than he did against us on Tuesday.

Lightning vs Golden Knights: 5 goals against Vasilevskiy, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Fleury, no chance on any.

Panthers vs Kings: 5 goals against Bobrovsky, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Quick, 2 stoppable.

So that's 45 goals against goalies, 17 are stoppable. That's 38% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .909%.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Gabriel Vilardi goal (first of his career) on Sergei Bobrovsky

Reactions: Dialamo

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Pickles in Vegas tonight. Go Bolts.

Missed the game but saw this morning he was a -2 in his first game.

watched the highlights and he was on a line with Kucherov and a terrible turnover by Kuch and Coburn on different shifts caused the -2.

Reactions: Blackjack

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Ex Devils

Hall: 10-15-4 with the Coyotes
Greene: 0-2-0 with the Islanders
Coleman: 0-1-0 with the Lightning

Combined 10-18-4 o_O

I think it's clear what the problem was. :D
With all of the scoreboard watching out West it has not been discussed much here, but Lou and Trotz need to get the team together and remind them about the "winning culture" so they can stop this slide. :laugh:

Reactions: Bleedred

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
With all of the scoreboard watching out West it has not been discussed much here, but Lou and Trotz need to get the team together and remind them about the "winning culture" so they can stop this slide. :laugh:

Lol. I made a slight mistake, it's 11-14-4 for Hall, so 11-17-4 for the three of them. It's crazy how good our pick can end up.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

"Hey Lou, it's Tom again. Listen, you don't need your 2022 2nd round pick do you? I have Wayne Simmonds here. He's got a lot of jam...er...grit. I think he could help you guys out. What do you say?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad