Series Discussion: OOT Playoff series Thread (West: Ducks/Preds, East: Pens/Sens)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So if Nashville wins the Cup, Ribeiro and Zolnierczyk get their names on the Cup. As much as I loathe Pittsburgh and Ottawa, that thought makes me sick.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
So if Nashville wins the Cup, Ribeiro and Zolnierczyk get their names on the Cup. As much as I loathe Pittsburgh and Ottawa, that thought makes me sick.

Damn didn't even think about that.. Ribeiro played 46 games this season.

Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Did the Pens just get the easiest route to the cup... like... ever?

First round they get the over-performing, baby faces and thoroughly stomp them.
Second round they get their 'tough' match-up, in which they've dominated over the past decade.
Third round they get an over-achieving Sens team, and strike gold on some injuries against them.
Final round they'll get an 8th seed that will have no ability to match up against their three big lines.

Love that the Preds made it in, but man, they're in deep if the Pens win tomorrow.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Second round they get their 'tough' match-up, in which they've dominated over the past decade.
Third round they get an over-achieving Sens team, and strike gold on some injuries against them.
Final round they'll get an 8th seed that will have no ability to match up against their three big lines.

Love that the Preds made it in, but man, they're in deep if the Pens win tomorrow.

The Preds are an interesting team because no team in the playoffs can come close to matching their top 4 defence, and their third pairing isn't even that bad. So while they may not be able to match forward lines, the key with Nashville has always been shutting down their pairings, not their forward lines.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

I think you are forgetting how the first two rounds went. If it wasn't for Fleury standing on his head, they don't even make it out of the first round.

They were badly outshot and outchanced both of the first two series.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I actually wouldn't mind the Senators winning the Cup (though it seems unlikely). A Canadian team hasn't won in 24 years, so you know that when one does win, it's going to be made a big deal of and it's going to be lorded over the rest of the Canadian teams to a certain extent. Well, there are a couple of Canadian teams on the upswing right now that I would way rather not have doing that. If Ottawa wins... I don't really care that much. Good for them. It would be their first Cup, so they wouldn't have thaaaaat much bragging rights.

And then if certain less-desirable teams win a Cup or two after, it won't be such a big deal. The stakes will be slightly lower.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I actually wouldn't mind the Senators winning the Cup (though it seems unlikely). A Canadian team hasn't won in 24 years, so you know that when one does win, it's going to be made a big deal of and it's going to be lorded over the rest of the Canadian teams to a certain extent. Well, there are a couple of Canadian teams on the upswing right now that I would way rather not have doing that. If Ottawa wins... I don't really care that much. Good for them. It would be their first Cup, so they wouldn't have thaaaaat much bragging rights.

And then if certain less-desirable teams win a Cup or two after, it won't be such a big deal. The stakes will be slightly lower.

I would be so angry if that one particular team were the first Canadian team to win a cup in the modern era.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Cheering for teams in the playoffs is now like choosing which you'd rather get hit by a Louisville Slugger or a Mizuno brand bat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad