Ontario Reign 20-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I normally don't have the time or interest to watch AHL games, but

1) Covid has suddenly provided me significant amounts of free time
2) My interest level is much higher with Byfield, Kaliyev, Turcotte, Madden, etc on the team
3) Seems like a deal if AHL TV is <$50

I hope the Reign broadcast a few preseason games too...

Only thing that is official is that AHLTV will start on game 1 of the regular season. No information has been posted that any preseason games will be streamed by the Reign. I'd keep an eye on the game against the Gulls at Honda Center at the end of the month. Possible that the Gulls might stream it. They tried a stream against the Cuda the other day, but it was cancelled due to technical difficulties.

Reactions: driller1

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Only thing that is official is that AHLTV will start on game 1 of the regular season. No information has been posted that any preseason games will be streamed by the Reign. I'd keep an eye on the game against the Gulls at Honda Center at the end of the month. Possible that the Gulls might stream it. They tried a stream against the Cuda the other day, but it was cancelled due to technical difficulties.

ohzrd5t.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
New coach seems to really like Kupari too, said he had a great 200 ft impact, even if he got too cute in the ozone a few times (welcome back, Rasmus, haha).

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Based on post game availability and practice updates from staff members...

Madden-Byflield-Kaliyev
Eyssimont-Thomas-Dudas
Byron-Rymsha-Halloran

Not sure who was set to skate with Kupari because it had been Imama and Fagemo and they were on the taxi squad so unavailable to play. Additionally Byfield came out of the game so not sure how the lines jumbled but the only other plays that could have been in the lineup for Fagemo and Imama would have been the Poehling twins, Brent Sutter and Jacob Doty

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Based on post game availability and practice updates from staff members...

Madden-Byflield-Kaliyev
Eyssimont-Thomas-Dudas
Byron-Rymsha-Halloran

Not sure who was set to skate with Kupari because it had been Imama and Fagemo and they were on the taxi squad so unavailable to play. Additionally Byfield came out of the game so not sure how the lines jumbled but the only other plays that could have been in the lineup for Fagemo and Imama would have been the Poehling twins, Brent Sutter and Jacob Doty

Thanks for that. No media has been allowed in, correct? I know Zach is in St Louis with the Kings. Curious who played D and what the pairings were. It's like top secret info to get any information from the Reign.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Thanks for that. No media has been allowed in, correct? I know Zach is in St Louis with the Kings. Curious who played D and what the pairings were. It's like top secret info to get any information from the Reign.

So I totally understand everyone's frustration but here's the details as far as I'm aware...

Per league guidelines AND California guidelines, access to areas with players is extremely limited. That's why Stoll isn't on set with Patrick O'Neal and Derek Armstrong for the Fox broadcasts and it's why most of us aren't allowed in the building at Toyota Sports Performance Center.

Cameron Close left the Reign to work for Detroit and Zach Dooley has had his title and responsibilities altered as the Insider platform has undergone changes.

There WILL be Reign coverage but at the moment... it's in flux due to limited physical access and shifting staff responsibility.

As for D pairs I know that at SOME point in practices they were as follows

Brickley/Strand
Phillips/Durzi
Moverare/Hults

Bjornfot has been on and off the taxi squad and I believe he played in the game and Jack Sadek (AHl/ECHL contract) was in camp.

Not sure what the pairs were for the game but in the future there will be lineups and more info.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
So I totally understand everyone's frustration but here's the details as far as I'm aware...

Per league guidelines AND California guidelines, access to areas with players is extremely limited. That's why Stoll isn't on set with Patrick O'Neal and Derek Armstrong for the Fox broadcasts and it's why most of us aren't allowed in the building at Toyota Sports Performance Center.

Cameron Close left the Reign to work for Detroit and Zach Dooley has had his title and responsibilities altered as the Insider platform has undergone changes.

There WILL be Reign coverage but at the moment... it's in flux due to limited physical access and shifting staff responsibility.

Brickley/Strand
Phillips/Durzi
Moverare/Hults

Bjornfot has been on and off the taxi squad and I believe he played in the game and Jack Sadek (AHl/ECHL contract) was in camp.

Not sure what the pairs were for the game but in the future there will be lineups and more info.

More!!

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

Brickley/Strand
Phillips/Durzi
Moverare/Hults

Thank you for the update, I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say it is greatly appreciated!

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
To that end...

here's a conversation with GM Rich Seeley and the audio from the post game availability from yesterday's game against San Jose. I edited out some of the Ingham answers because I usually feel that taking the answers to someone else's question (Lisa Dillman, John Hoven, Gann Matsuda, etc etc) is a form of plagarism or stealing (my own weird hangups) HOWEVER I included their questions and answers for John Wroblewski because I thought it was interesting and should be available in full context to Kings and Reign fans.

I still don't know how to embed this stuff (apologies) but here's the link. Hope it's got some entertainment and informational value!

https://the-reigny-day-podcast.simplecast.com/episodes/a-new-reign-aS4GQI6A

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
All three with three different moves and sick mitts. Something this current Kings team do NOT have except for Kempe. Loving it. Hoping for a great AHL season from all the boys.
Absolutely, there is going to big a big skill injection into them NHL roster very soon... and we are still going to have some nice grit with the likes of Tonka and Andersson so it should mean we can put out a nicely balanced lineup. It’s going to be fun!!

Reactions: ru4reals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad