Ontario Reign 20-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Sounds like the Gulls will be playing their games in Irvine this season. With Zegras, Drysdale, etc on the Gulls and Byfield, Turcotte, Kaliyev on the Reign, that should be some fun hockey for us SoCal folks.
Sure hope they show the Reign/Gulls games on Fox Sports.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sounds like the Gulls will be playing their games in Irvine this season. With Zegras, Drysdale, etc on the Gulls and Byfield, Turcotte, Kaliyev on the Reign, that should be some fun hockey for us SoCal folks.

I think the Reign will be playing at Toyota Sports Center, too.

Would be nice to get it all televised at least

Nickster

Hockey is coming
Sponsor
Nov 5, 2017
Inland Empire
Terrible sight lines at TSPC for any kind of televised effort.

I had the AHL package last two seasons and one camera at center ice is all we got out of ontario and the cameraman wasn't good. I would pay for a web cam at center ice in El Segundo.

Token

May 15, 2019
I had the AHL package last two seasons and one camera at center ice is all we got out of ontario and the cameraman wasn't good. I would pay for a web cam at center ice in El Segundo.
Yeah, road games were way better for the AHL stream.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The coverage improved as the season went on, but yes, it was sketchy, especially at first. Here is the link for AHLTV for this season. https://www.watchtheahl.com/#/ $35 to watch all the home and away games for the Reign. Concerned about what it would look like from El Segundo since it's not meant to be a location to televise games from.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hoven is reporting the following preseason schedule for the Reign, 3X the amount of games they usually play in the preseason.

Ontario Reign Preseason Schedule:
January 16 at 1pm – at San Diego (Irvine)
January 17 at 3pm – vs. San Diego
January 22 at 3pm – vs. San Jose
January 24 at 1pm – vs. Tucson
January 25 at 1pm – vs. Tucson
January 30 at 5pm – vs. Bakersfield

Reactions: Token

pepperjack

Jan 1, 2016
For anyone who had an AHLTV subscription last season, you should have received a COVID-19 credit for the games that were cancelled. Check for an email dated 5/27/20 or there about for more info.

I had the home and away Reign package and was given $11 credit to be used toward any future purchase. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because the home game broadcast situation is still unknown. Will wait and see.

Reactions: regulate

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
The coverage improved as the season went on, but yes, it was sketchy, especially at first. Here is the link for AHLTV for this season. https://www.watchtheahl.com/#/ $35 to watch all the home and away games for the Reign. Concerned about what it would look like from El Segundo since it's not meant to be a location to televise games from.
Hmmm, I might actually go this route to watch the Reign this season -- since i have no viable streaming option to watch the NHL/Kings now. But i'll definitely wait to see what others say about the quality of the camera/picture/etc. of the first game or two.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Hmmm, I might actually go this route to watch the Reign this season -- since i have no viable streaming option to watch the NHL/Kings now. But i'll definitely wait to see what others say about the quality of the camera/picture/etc. of the first game or two.

I subscribed two seasons ago to the AHL game package deal or whatever, to watch Kupari, Vilardi etc, and the Reign home games were unwatchable. Whomever they hired as the cameraman was brutal. Person had no idea where to point the damn camera. Play would go up ice and off camera before the cameraman even noticed. LMAO. Sometimes the Reign would score and you wouldn't even know who scored and what happened. Not even joking. Hopefully they fixed that garbage. I unsubscribed after two weeks couldn't take it.

Reactions: VILARGOD

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I subscribed two seasons ago to the AHL game package deal or whatever, to watch Kupari, Vilardi etc, and the Reign home games were unwatchable. Whomever they hired as the cameraman was brutal. Person had no idea where to point the damn camera. Play would go up ice and off camera before the cameraman even noticed. LMAO. Sometimes the Reign would score and you wouldn't even know who scored and what happened. Not even joking. Hopefully they fixed that garbage. I unsubscribed after two weeks couldn't take it.
It improved quite a bit as the season wore on. It was very poor coverage at the start, but it was pretty decent as the season wore on.

Reactions: ru4reals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad